Home

Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing)

This is a discussion on Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2021, 11:59 PM   #433
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing)

Finally caught up again, good stuff as always
Old 06-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #434
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZYankee
Finally caught up again, good stuff as always
I've been on a 80s Strat-O-Matic College Football kick lately. I just finished a little 1988 project that I wanted to do with it and have started a bigger 1987 one with plans for a 1986 project after that.

I'll get back to the UBF soon. Just taking a little break again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 06-03-2021, 11:02 AM   #435
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
I've been on a 80s Strat-O-Matic College Football kick lately. I just finished a little 1988 project that I wanted to do with it and have started a bigger 1987 one with plans for a 1986 project after that.

I'll get back to the UBF soon. Just taking a little break again.

I loved me some Strat-o-matic hockey back in the day.
I should fire that back up, lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2021, 05:49 PM   #436
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I loved me some Strat-o-matic hockey back in the day.

I should fire that back up, lol
I still play baseball, a little hockey and a little pro football (all on PC) but nothing replaces cards and dice. SOMs games on PC are not good, IMO, except baseball which is really only good to me because I can play a game in about 15 minutes making full 162-game replays very easy.

Plus, it keeps all the stats and you can sim the rest of the league.

That said, I love the SOM CF game from the 80s. They only made it for 3 years (86-88) and I'm so glad I still have all 3 sets as it is IMPOSSIBLE to find these days.

I still have several carded seasons of baseball, pro football, basketball and hockey ranging from 1985 to the early 2000s but, for now, I haven't been tempted to play any of them.

Old 06-05-2021, 08:45 PM   #437
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
I still play baseball, a little hockey and a little pro football (all on PC) but nothing replaces cards and dice. SOMs games on PC are not good, IMO, except baseball which is really only good to me because I can play a game in about 15 minutes making full 162-game replays very easy.

Plus, it keeps all the stats and you can sim the rest of the league.

That said, I love the SOM CF game from the 80s. They only made it for 3 years (86-88) and I'm so glad I still have all 3 sets as it is IMPOSSIBLE to find these days.

I still have several carded seasons of baseball, pro football, basketball and hockey ranging from 1985 to the early 2000s but, for now, I haven't been tempted to play any of them.

That's awesome.
Playing with 80's Oilers was something else.
Gretzky seemed to score 6 points a night lol

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-15-2021, 01:30 PM   #438
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

Breaking News: UBF President steelerfan announced today that the federation will be adding a Flyweight Division to the federation's existing weight classes in 2006.

steelerfan had previously confirmed that a Featherweight Division will be added next year and he confirmed today that that will still be the case and that both Feather and Flyweight divisions are now slated to join the UBF's 6 existing divisions bringing the total number of weight classes to 8 in 2006.

It is also becoming more likely that the federation will begin holding tournaments for various Junior divisions in as early as 2006 as well, per sources.

Old 07-15-2021, 01:38 PM   #439
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

Just a quick update.

As I said before, I've been playing a lot of Strat-O-Matic College Football lately. Well, I'm down to about 8 games remaining in my final SOM CFB project (1986) and when it is done I will get back to the UBF.

I already have the Featherweight card set from Glory Days Boxing and the Flyweight set is due to release in the next few weeks so there is no doubt that I'll have both before I reach 2006 in the UBF.

Therefore, both divisions will be added for 2006 bringing us to 8 divisions.

I'll most likely also hold the Junior tournaments as part of UBF Monday Night Fights beginning in January 2006 as well. I haven't decided which of the Junior divisions to start with (I'm going to do one division at a time, I think) but I'll get that sorted out before 2006.

Thanks for your patience through this latest hiatus. I'm looking forward to getting this college football project done so we can get back to boxing!

Old 07-30-2021, 07:35 AM   #440
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

September 2005 UBF Friday Night Fights
Results

BW- Khaokor Galaxy defeats Johnny Coulon by TKO at 1:17 of Round 2
Khaokor Galaxy, 1-1-0 (1), earned his first professional victory and an appearance on October's UBF Monday Night Fights by stopping Johnny Coulon in the second round of their bout on Friday night. Coulon, 2-1-0 (1), was knocked to the canvas in that fateful second round but was up by a count of 2. However, another flurry of punches from Galaxy immediately following the resumption of the bout led to the TKO.

LW- Manny Pacquiao and Hector Camacho fight to a Majority Draw
Judges: 113-113, 114-112, 113-113
Hector Camacho dominated the punch stats, 119-82 per CompuBox, and despite being knocked down by Pacquiao in the 6th and 11th rounds it was enough for a Majority Draw with the judges. Pacquiao is now 4-3-2 (3), while Camacho is 7-0-1 (4) after suffering the first blemish to his professional record.

WW- Thomas Hearns defeats Rube Ferns by Unanimous Decision
Judges: 115-114, 115-113, 116-114
In a closely contested Friday Night Main Event, it was Thomas "The Hitman" Hearns who emerged victorious after earning a unanimous victory with the judges. Ferns falls to 7-2-0 (4) with the loss, while Hearns is now 9-1-0 (3). An as-yet-to-be-identified fan stormed the ring midway through the fight's opening round but was quickly taken down by security and removed from the arena. The fight continued after a brief delay.

Last edited by steelerfan; 12-20-2021 at 06:20 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »