Home

Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing)

This is a discussion on Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing) within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2021, 04:52 PM   #417
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Unified Boxing Federation (Glory Days Boxing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerfan
I received the newest card set (Supplement 1) from Glory Days Boxing yesterday and have added the new LW, WW, MW, LHW and HW fighters into the respective pools of fighters that can join the UBF in the future.

What I haven't decided is whether or not I'll do anything with the 80 fighters from the Junior divisions. The set includes 20 fighters each from the Junior Lightweight, Junior Welterweight, Junior Middleweight and Cruiserweight divisions. Some of these fighters are duplicates of fighters that are eligible for existing weight classes in the UBF (ie CW Evander Holyfield) and some are even currently active in the UBF (ie JWW Ricky Hatton).

Obviously, with such a limited number of fighters per class, there aren't enough boxers to create full divisions so I'm not sure what to do with these fighters. I've thought about considering them amateurs and holding "UBF sponsored" tournaments for them. I've also considered adding them to the undercard of UBF Monday Night Fights as "UBF Sponsored Amateur" fights being endorsed as showcases by the federation.

My gut is to either:

A) Not use them. No Need to clutter the UBF with somewhat pointless bouts.

or

B) Add them to the undercard of UBF Monday Night Fights when that particular night does not have at least 5 scheduled bouts. They would be "showcases" of amateurs in that case.

There's no need for a kneejerk decision as I wouldn't add anything until January 2006 (when I'll be adding the Featherweight Division) so I have time to decide.

I just wanted to share my thoughts here about what I'm thinking to get your thoughts on it as well. Which option (including tournaments), if any, would interest you? Would you enjoy the "showcases"? Would a tournament of these fighters be a worthwhile endeavor? Would you prefer that I just stay focused on the 6 (soon to be 7 and eventually 8) divisions of the federation and not slow things down with sideshows? Do you have an idea that I have not mentioned?

Feel free to let me know your thoughts and thank you for following along and sharing any feedback!
I like option B! The more the merrier in my opinion. Glad to see this is thriving.
Old 05-19-2021, 05:01 PM   #418
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliDegu2008
I like option B! The more the merrier in my opinion. Glad to see this is thriving.
Thanks for your input and support, Oli.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 05-19-2021, 09:57 PM   #419
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

August 2005 Wednesday Night Fights
Results

WW- Mike Sullivan defeats Billy Lynch by Unanimous Decision
Judges: 117-113, 116-114, 115-113
Despite a 9th round point deduction, Mike Sullivan improved to 1-1-0 (0) by taking a unanimous decision from UBF debutant Billy Lynch on Wednesday night.

WW- Fritzie Zivic defeats Paul Williams by TKO at 2:26 of Round 3
Fritzie Zivic improved to 2-1-0 (1) by stopping Paul Williams late in the 3rd round of their Wednesday night bout. Williams falls to 3-4-0 (0) with the loss and Zivic has earned an appearance on September's UBF Monday Night Fights.

WW- Jack Britton defeats Jose Luis Lopez by Majority Decision
Judges: 116-114, 115-115, 116-113
Jack Britton won for the 7th time in ten bouts, taking a majority decision from Jose Luis Lopez on Wednesday night. Britton improved to 7-3-0 (3) and Lopez dropped to 2-2-0 (0) after the decision.

WW- Marlon Starling defeats Tommy Bell by Unanimous Decision
Judges: 115-113, 115-113, 115-112
Bolstered by a 3rd round knockdown of Tommy Bell, Marlon Starling won unanimously with the judges on Wednesday night and improved his record to 5-1-0 (0). The loss drops Bell to 2-2-0 (0).

WW- Young Peter Jackson and Ben Tackie fight to a Split Draw
Judges: 115-114, 114-114, 113-116
After a split draw between the pair on Wednesday night, Young Peter Jackson and Ben Tackie have identical records of 4-3-1 (3).

MW- Charley Burley defeats Marcel Thil by Unanimous Decision
Judges: 117-112, 117-112, 115-114
In his professional debut, Charley Burley took a unanimous decision from Marcel Thil on Wednesday night. Thil, with the loss, is 1-2-1 (0).

MW- Gorilla Jones defeats Bobby Watts by Split Decision
Judges: 115-113, 115-113, 112-116
Gorilla Jones improved to 3-4-2 (2) with a win via split decision over Bobby Watts on Wednesday night. The loss sends Watts record to 6-3-0 (2).

MW- Nigel Benn defeats Kelly Pavlik by KO at 1:31 of Round 12
Leading on all three scorecards (106-103, 106-103, 105-104) through 11 rounds and with a 3rd round knockdown of Nigel Benn under his belt, a cocky, showboating Kelly Pavlik walked into a vicious right hook bringing his celebration and his Wednesday night to a screeching halt midway through the fight's final frame. The win improves Benn to 3-5-0 (1), while the embarrassing loss drops Pavlik to 5-4-0 (3).

MW- Iran Barkley defeats Jorge Castro by KO at 1:05 of Round 7
Iran Barkley kept his unblemished record intact with a 7th round knockout of Jorge Castro on Wednesday night. Castro fell to 3-4-1 (1) with the loss and Barkley improved to 6-0-0 (3) with a win that should vault him into the Middleweight Division's Top 10 Rankings.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:47 AM   #420
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

August 2005 Thursday Night Fights
Results

LHW- Dan Bucceroni defeats Virgil Hill by Split Decision
Judges: 116-112, 110-118, 115-113
Dan Bucceroni won his professional debut by split decision on Thursday night over Virgil Hill. Hill fell to 3-3-0 (0) with the loss.

LHW- Rudi Koopmans defeats Kid Norfolk by KO at 2:30 of Round 7
Staving off the effects of a gash above his right eye suffered in the 2nd round, Rudi Koopmans knocked out Kid Gavilan on Thursday night to improve to 2-1-0 (1). The loss sent Norfolk's record to 4-3-0 (3).

LHW- Antonio Tarver defeats Slobodan Kacar by KO at 2:34 of Round 10
Antonio Tarver knocked Slobodan Kacar down in the 2nd round and knocked him out in the 10th round of their Thursday night bout. Tarver improved to 4-2-0 (1) with the win. Conversely, Kacar saw his professional record fall to 1-4-0 (1), prompting him to announce that he was retiring from the UBF in his post-fight press conference.

Kacar, it was announced on Friday morning by the federation, will be replaced in the Light Heavyweight Division by Croatian pugilist Mate Parlov.

HW- Luther McCarty defeats Bob Fitzsimmons by Unanimous Decision
Judges: 115-113, 115-113, 115-114
Using a 6th round knockdown of Bob Fitzsimmons, Luther McCarty narrowly won on the scorecards on Thursday night to improve his record to 9-8-1 (5). The loss drops Bob Fitzsimmons to 7-10-2 (6).

HW- Paolino Uzcudun defeats Donovan Ruddock by Unanimous Decision
Judges: 115-113, 116-112, 115-113
Paolino Uzcudun won for the first time as a professional, defeating Razor Ruddock by unanimous decision on Thursday night. Ruddock falls to 10-9-0 (7), while Uzcudun is now 1-2-0 (0).

HW- Ken Norton defeats Buster Douglas by Unanimous Decision
Judges: 114-113, 114-113, 116-112
Ken Norton knocked James "Buster" Douglas down in the 10th round and narrowly beat him with the judges on Thursday night. Norton improved to 12-7-1 (5) with the victory and Douglas drops to 10-7-1 (6).

HW- Max Schmeling defeats James Braddock by Unanimous Decision
Judges: 117-110, 117-110, 117-110
Max Schmeling suffered a gash above his right eye in the 6th round but his corner kept him in the fight and he won easily with the judges over James Braddock on Thursday night. Braddock, who was knocked down in the 12th round, suffered his 7th professional loss and dropped to 11-7-1 (7). Schmeling is now 17-5-0 (8).
Old 05-20-2021, 09:48 AM   #421
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
I received the newest card set (Supplement 1) from Glory Days Boxing yesterday and have added the new LW, WW, MW, LHW and HW fighters into the respective pools of fighters that can join the UBF in the future.

What I haven't decided is whether or not I'll do anything with the 80 fighters from the Junior divisions. The set includes 20 fighters each from the Junior Lightweight, Junior Welterweight, Junior Middleweight and Cruiserweight divisions. Some of these fighters are duplicates of fighters that are eligible for existing weight classes in the UBF (ie CW Evander Holyfield) and some are even currently active in the UBF (ie JWW Ricky Hatton).

Obviously, with such a limited number of fighters per class, there aren't enough boxers to create full divisions so I'm not sure what to do with these fighters. I've thought about considering them amateurs and holding "UBF sponsored" tournaments for them. I've also considered adding them to the undercard of UBF Monday Night Fights as "UBF Sponsored Amateur" fights being endorsed as showcases by the federation.

My gut is to either:

A) Not use them. No Need to clutter the UBF with somewhat pointless bouts.

or

B) Add them to the undercard of UBF Monday Night Fights when that particular night does not have at least 5 scheduled bouts. They would be "showcases" of amateurs in that case.

There's no need for a kneejerk decision as I wouldn't add anything until January 2006 (when I'll be adding the Featherweight Division) so I have time to decide.

I just wanted to share my thoughts here about what I'm thinking to get your thoughts on it as well. Which option (including tournaments), if any, would interest you? Would you enjoy the "showcases"? Would a tournament of these fighters be a worthwhile endeavor? Would you prefer that I just stay focused on the 6 (soon to be 7 and eventually 8) divisions of the federation and not slow things down with sideshows? Do you have an idea that I have not mentioned?

Feel free to let me know your thoughts and thank you for following along and sharing any feedback!
I'm for whatever isn't too much work for you, lol.
I love the idea of a tournament in Option B, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2021, 04:58 PM   #422
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'm for whatever isn't too much work for you, lol.

I love the idea of a tournament in Option B, though.
I hadn't thought about holding the tournaments as fight slots are available on Monday nights. That is a really good idea.

It would get tournaments done without having much impact on the progress of the federation.

That said, completing 4 tournaments of 16-19 bouts (roughly) could take years of game time in the universe.

Would you prefer the tournaments be held one weight class at a time or simultaneously? In other words, would you prefer I start with one weight class, say Cruiserweight, and completely finish that tournament (by adding tournament bouts to the Monday card) before starting another? A single tournament will take roughly a year of game time (maybe longer). Or would you prefer that all 4 classes start their tournament in 2006 knowing they probably won't get completed until 2014 or even later?

I *think* the best bet is to do them one at a time. Thoughts?

Old 05-20-2021, 09:20 PM   #423
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
I hadn't thought about holding the tournaments as fight slots are available on Monday nights. That is a really good idea.

It would get tournaments done without having much impact on the progress of the federation.

That said, completing 4 tournaments of 16-19 bouts (roughly) could take years of game time in the universe.

Would you prefer the tournaments be held one weight class at a time or simultaneously? In other words, would you prefer I start with one weight class, say Cruiserweight, and completely finish that tournament (by adding tournament bouts to the Monday card) before starting another? A single tournament will take roughly a year of game time (maybe longer). Or would you prefer that all 4 classes start their tournament in 2006 knowing they probably won't get completed until 2014 or even later?

I *think* the best bet is to do them one at a time. Thoughts?

I'd totally be for one at a time.
But again, I'd defer to you as you're the one putting in so much work.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-20-2021, 10:08 PM   #424
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I'd totally be for one at a time.
But again, I'd defer to you as you're the one putting in so much work.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Operation Sports mobile app
I'll keep thinking on it but, for now, I see doing tournaments within "option B" as a marriage of two good ideas. It will get the new fighters involved and won't really slow down progress.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »