Home

WCW Saved from the Ashes

This is a discussion on WCW Saved from the Ashes within the Other Sports Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2020, 11:17 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: WCW Saved from the Ashes

February 8th 2001
Next PPV SuperBrawl Revenge February 25th 2001

After an altercation last week, Thunder brings you tonight some mixed tag action, as Billy Kidman and Torrie Wilson team up to take on the team of Tammy Sytch and Chris Candido.

Christopher Daniels vs Rey Misterio Jr..

Match Background: Rey Misterio Jr. is the reigning WCW Cruiserweight champion, and has been since 04 January 2001.

The Match: STIFF high kick on Daniels by Rey Misterio Jr.. Daniels walks into a high dropkick from Rey Misterio Jr., almost losing several teeth in the process. Implant DDT by Rey Misterio Jr.! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Rey Jr. hits a dropkick on Christopher Daniels and gets right back up. Daniels reverses a waistlock. Daniels hits a dropkick on Rey Misterio Jr. and gets right back up. Beautiful spinning arm drag out of the corner by Daniels. There's a two count on the pin. Rey Misterio Jr. fights out of a grapple. Rey Jr. crushes Daniels with a sweet running senton. There's a two count on the pin. Diamond Dust from Rey Misterio Jr., Daniels is out! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Daniels reverses a waistlock. Spinning back kick from Christopher Daniels. Daniels walks into a drop toe hold. Spin kick by Rey Misterio Jr. to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Christopher Daniels can barely stand. Flying Hurricanrana!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Jushin Thunder Liger comes running down the aisle with a chair! Rey Misterio Jr. is just leaving the ring...and Liger scores with a brutal chair shot! Rey Misterio Jr. falls to the floor holding his head.

Match Rating 4*

Candido \ Tammy are backstage. They were out there to hype a match against Torrie \ Kidman. Sounds like fun.

Segment Rating 2.5*

Steve Corino is backstage. He always delivers the promo goodness. He was out there to hype a match against Tajiri. Good way to get the fans interested in what is coming up.

Segment Rating 4*

Steven Richards is backstage with Tajiri. Steven Richards wanted to rip into Steve Corino. Uh oh. Looks like SOMEONE is a little upset tonight.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Tajiri vs Steve Corino.

Match Background: None.

The Match: Tajiri takes a butterfly suplex from Corino. Tajiri walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. There's a two count on the pin. Tajiri is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Tajiri just WAFFLES Corino with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Flying elbow from Tajiri connects. There's a two count on the pin. Springboard dropkick from Tajiri. Nicely done. Pin, but Corino is out just before the three count. Tajiri uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Steve Corino avoids a Tajiri avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Reverse DDT on Tajiri. Covers for a quick two count. Steve Corino scores with a big spinebuster. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Tajiri gets caught with a short powerbomb from Corino. Back suplex on Tajiri. Tajiri blocks a kick from Steve Corino. Tajiri hits a dropkick on Steve Corino and gets right back up. Corino walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one of those though? Steve Corino is in trouble. Here it comes - Kick Of Death. 1....2...3, it's finished. Tajiri goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

Shane Helms is backstage. He wanted to rip into Chavo Guerrero Jr.. Not literally, of course. That would just be nasty. Instead, this was a good way to build up to an eventual match.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Shane Helms.

Match Background: Shane Helms is the reigning WCW Television champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Chavo Guerrero Jr. hits a rolling kick on Helms. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Superkick by Chavo Guerrero Jr. practically knocks out all of Shane Helms's teeth! Hooks the leg for a two count. Chavo Guerrero Jr. misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. STIFF high kick on Chavo by Shane Helms. Shane Helms hits a rolling kick on Chavo. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Covers for a quick two count. Springboard dropkick from Shane Helms. Nicely done. Pin, but Chavo is out just before the three count. Flying elbow from Shane Helms connects. Chavo reverses a waistlock. Chavo crushes Helms with a running senton. Hooks the leg for a two count. SHINING WIZARD~! on Helms by Chavo! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Hard back suplex on Helms. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Helms walks into a high dropkick from Chavo Guerrero Jr., almost losing several teeth in the process. Helms blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Springboard dropkick from Shane Helms. Nicely done. Chavo Guerrero Jr. can barely stand. Nightmare On Helms Street! 1....2....3. Shane Helms climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

Dean Malenko is backstage. See Ratings. Hear Dean Malenko talk. See Ratings fall. He was out there to hype a match against Jushin Thunder Liger. Good way to get the fans interested in what is coming up.

Segment Rating 2*

Dean Malenko vs Jushin Thunder Liger.

Match Background: Dean Malenko is the reigning WCW United States champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Malenko hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. STIFF high kick on Liger by Dean Malenko. Flying elbow from Dean Malenko connects. Implant DDT by Dean Malenko! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Liger blocks a punch. Second rope flying axe handle, Malenko goes down. One day, Liger might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Malenko is down! Hooks the leg for a two count. Malenko powers out of a headlock. Liger takes a NICE hurrancarana from Dean Malenko. There's a two count on the pin. Power drive elbow by Dean Malenko. That sounds like a feature on a 4 x 4, doesn't it. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Jushin Thunder Liger comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Liger just WAFFLES Malenko with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Malenko counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Flying elbow from Dean Malenko connects. Rey Misterio Jr. comes running down the aisle with a chair! Malenko goes to irish whip Jushin Thunder Liger into the ropes. Rey Jr. hits Liger with a chair to the back! Jushin Thunder Liger gets knocked to the ground by Malenko. Jushin Thunder Liger gets locked in the Texas Clover Leaf! Submission victory! Rey Misterio Jr. has a chair. Jushin Thunder Liger stands up...and gets floored by a shot to the head. Another two shots smack down across his back, leaving him unmoving on the canvas. Rey Jr. sets the chair up, then picks up Jushin Thunder Liger. He gets whipped into the ropes...and then drop toe holded, sending him face first into the chair! Rey Misterio Jr. has left Liger down and bloodied in the ring after a brutal assault!

Match Rating 4*

Kidman \ Torrie are backstage. If it were up to me, i'd let Torrie Wilson do this interview alone, while Kidman makes funny faces in the background. At least that would have been entertaining. They were on hype duty tonight, this time for a match with Candido \ Tammy.

Segment Rating 2.5*

Billy Kidman and Torrie Wilson vs Chris Candido and Tammy Sytch.

The Match: A powerslam so weak, my grandmother could have performed it, is actually pulled off by Tammy on Kidman. Kidman ducks a wild right hand. Kidman hits a dropkick on Tammy Sytch and gets right back up. Kidman tags out to Torrie Wilson. Torrie Wilson hits a weak elbow on Tammy Sytch. Thrust kick from Torrie is sold like death, although it clearly missed. That just hurts a match, really. Tammy Sytch comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Torrie takes a couple of weak clotheslines. Tammy tags out to Chris Candido. Chris Candido strikes Torrie. Second rope flying axe handle, Torrie goes down. One day, Candido might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Candido goes for a splash but Torrie puts the knees up. A powerslam so weak, my grandmother could have performed it, is actually pulled off by Torrie on Candido. Tag between Torrie Wilson and Billy Kidman. Vicious kick to the teeth from Billy Kidman. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Chris Candido gets knocked to the ground by Kidman, who is already climbing the turnbuckle. Off the top - Shooting Star Press, forget about it. 1....2...3! Kidman \ Torrie remain in the ring, celebrating their victory.

Match Rating 2.5*

Show Rating 3*
Old 09-19-2020, 10:41 PM   #18
Pro

February 12th 2001

Brian Adams vs Road Warrior Animal.

Match Background: KroniK and Road Warriors have been feuding recently. Road Warriors have yet to beat their rivals in the ring since the feud began.

The Match: Wack kick from Animal. Animal drops an elbow...but Brian Adams moves out of the way. Road Warrior Animal takes a right hand to the temple from Adams. I bet those hurt more than Sgt. Slaughter's Noogies. Adams whips Animal into the turnbuckles...and the ref is crushed! Brian Adams scores with a crappy looking standing spinebuster. Could have been done a hell of a lot better though. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Adams charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Big kick from Animal staggers Adams but that's about it. Road Warrior Animal hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. There's a two count on the pin. Flapjack from Animal on Adams. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Adams pushes out of a Road Warrior Animal hold. Big clothesline from Adams. Pin, but Animal is out just before the three count. Brian Adams gets taken down out of nowhere! Road Warrior Hawk comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Brian Adams turns around. Road Warrior Hawk drops Adams to the canvas. Road Warrior Hawk quickly locks on the Hangmans Neckbreaker! Hawk leaves the ring, the damage done! Cover gets three for Road Warrior Animal, Adams got pinned. Animal and Hawk are beating the hell out of Brian Adams! Bryan Clarke sprints down the aisle and slides into the ring! He goes toe-to-toe with Road Warrior Animal, exchanging punches, while Brian Adams comes back, sending Hawk out of the ring with a clothesline. KroniK have cleared the ring, driving off Animal and Hawk!

Match Rating 3*

Randy Savage is backstage. He was building up the feud with Booker T. Well, that's just...neat!

Segment Rating 4*

Bryan Clarke vs Road Warrior Hawk.

Match Background: KroniK and Road Warriors have been feuding recently.

The Match: Wack kick from Clarke. Road Warrior Hawk avoids a Bryan Clarke avalanche by getting out of the damn way! Uninspired brawling from Road Warrior Hawk. Bryan Clarke charges, Hawk moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Flapjack from Hawk on Clarke. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Road Warrior Hawk gets taken down out of nowhere! Hawk takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Weak bodyslam by Clarke. There's a two count on the pin. Sloppy discus punch from Bryan Clarke barely connects on Hawk. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Hawk counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Powerslam from Road Warrior Hawk on Clarke. Pin, but Clarke is out just before the three count. Road Warrior Hawk misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Bryan Clarke moves in for the kill. Meltdown!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Bryan Clarke gives a murderous look toward Road Warrior Hawk...and attacks! Hawk gets dropped to the canvas, then battered with a barrage of rights and lefts. Clarke leaves the ring having left Hawk down and out.

Match Rating 3.5*

Dean Malenko is in the ring, and he calls out Shawn Stasiak. Stasiak runs down and hits the ring, and they brawl all the way back into the aisle, and eventually out of sight backstage.

Segment Rating 3*

New Age Outlaws vs Outsiders.

Match Background: New Age Outlaws are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. Outsiders are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion.

The Match: Scott Hall hits a bulldog off the ropes. Tag between Road Dogg and Billy Gunn. BAAACK Body drop by Billy gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Hall tags out to Kevin Nash. Kevin Nash DDTs Billy, but it just looked terrible. Tag to Road Dogg. Big clothesline from Nash. Sloppy discus punch from Kevin Nash barely connects on Road Dogg. Road Dogg hooks up a suplex, but it is blocked. Nash scores with a low blow, then turns it into a small package! The referee didn't see the illegal blow! 1...2...3! Road Dogg got screwed out of the victory! Outsiders climb opposite turnbuckles, working the crowd as they celebrate their victory.

Match Rating 3*

Shane Helms is walking backstage when he is spotted by Stevie Ray, who attacks. They brawl around the arena for a while, until Stevie Ray gets a clear upper hand and sends Helms into retreat.

Segment Rating 2.5*

Hulk Hogan vs X-Pac.

The Match: STIFF high kick on Hogan by X-Pac. Hulk Hogan is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. BIG clothesline from Hogan. 'BIG' because it missed by a mile! Hogan DDTs X-Pac. X-Pac gets knocked to the ground by Hogan. Legdrop Of Doom! 1....2....3. Hulk Hogan remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 2.5*

Booker T is backstage. He continued their rivalry by getting on THE STICK~! and ripping into Randy Savage. I'm happy that they're giving the feud enough time to develop.

Segment Rating 4*

Buff Bagwell vs Dean Malenko.

Match Background: Dean Malenko is the reigning WCW United States champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Buff is down! Hooks the leg for a two count. Buff Bagwell pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Malenko hits a punch, but takes one right back. Again! A slugfest erupts in the ring! Weak bodyslam on Malenko by Buff sets up a legdrop. There's a two count on the pin. Buff Bagwell scores with a poor standing spinebuster. Pin, but Malenko is out just before the three count. Malenko takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Malenko counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Malenko crushes Buff with a huge legdrop. Covers for a quick two count. Tor-NADO DDT from Dean Malenko, Buff got planted! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Hard back suplex on Buff. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. STIFF high kick on Buff by Dean Malenko. Buff Bagwell comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Dean Malenko takes a right hand to the temple from Buff. Flapjack from Buff on Malenko. Shawn Stasiak comes running down the aisle with a chair! Buff and Dean Malenko continue fighting, unaware of the intrusion. Shawn Stasiak slides in and blasts Dean Malenko with a chair to the head! Stasiak climbs out of the ring, the damage done! Dean Malenko gets knocked to the ground by Buff, who is already climbing the turnbuckle. Off the top - Buff Blockbuster, forget about it. 1....2...3! Shawn Stasiak pushes the referee aside, then continues to assault Malenko! Right hands rain down on Dean Malenko, pounding him into the canvas. Satisfied with his work, Shawn Stasiak turns and leaves the ring, the damage done.

Match Rating 3*

Paul Heyman is backstage with Chuck Palumbo. He hyped Palumbo up, talking about what he was going to do. That's what managers are paid for...

Segment Rating 4*

Booker T vs Scott Steiner.

Match Background: Booker T is the reigning WCW World champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Big kick from Poppa Pump staggers Booker but that's about it. Scott Steiner DDTs Booker, but it just looked terrible. There's a two count on the pin. Scott Steiner misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Booker T hits some punches. How generic. Scott Steiner charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. There's a two count on the pin. Booker T scores with a standing spinebuster. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Flying shoulder tackle by Booker sends Poppa Pump CRASHING to the mat. Scott Steiner powers out of a Booker T headlock. Big clothesline from Poppa Pump. Hooks the leg for a two count. Flapjack from Poppa Pump on Booker. Pin, but Booker is out just before the three count. Booker gets splashed in the corner. Booker receives some punishment by Scott Steiner but with that horrid offense, we're the only ones truly being punished. Booker T powers out of a Scott Steiner headlock. Booker T with a spinning neckbreaker on Poppa Pump. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Booker T connects and Scott Steiner is down! Scott Steiner is in trouble. Here it comes - Book End. 1....2...3, it's finished. Randy Savage comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Randy Savage slams Booker down. Randy Savage climbs to the top rope and hits the Savage Elbow! Booker T has been left down on the canvas.

Match Rating 3.5*

Show Rating 3*
Old 09-21-2020, 12:24 AM   #19
Pro

February 15th 2001

Torrie Wilson is backstage with Billy Kidman. Torrie Wilson was on hype duty tonight, this time for a match between Billy Kidman and Chavo Guerrero Jr.. I hope it's good...

Segment Rating 3*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Billy Kidman.

The Match: Billy Kidman connects with a back heel kick on Chavo and gets back up quickly. STIFF high kick on Chavo by Billy Kidman. Flying elbow from Billy Kidman connects. Implant DDT by Billy Kidman! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Kidman drops an elbow...but Chavo Guerrero Jr. moves out of the way. Chavo hits a dropkick on Billy Kidman and gets right back up. GORGEOUS Spinning bulldog in the corner and Kidman is down. Covers for a quick two count. Billy Kidman fights out of a grapple. Kidman crushes Chavo with a huge legdrop. There's a two count on the pin. Diamond Dust from Billy Kidman and Chavo is out! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Chavo Guerrero Jr. is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Chavo hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Kidman counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Billy Kidman floors Chavo Guerrero Jr....and climbs the turnbuckles. Shooting Star Press!!! 1....2....3!! It's all over. Billy Kidman remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

Chris Candido is backstage. He was out there to hype a match against Dean Malenko. Good way to get the fans interested in what is coming up.

Segment Rating 3*

Chris Candido vs Dean Malenko.

The Match: STIFF high kick on Malenko by Chris Candido. Chris Candido connects with a HARD right hand, sending the opponent down to the mat again. Stun Gun from Chris Candido! I still can't believe that was Austin's finisher at one point. Hard impact Russian Leg Sweep by Candido. According to some other reviewers around here, 'legsweep' is one word. Dean Malenko fights out of a grapple. Malenko hits a dropkick on Chris Candido and gets right back up. SUPER frankensteiner on Candido, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. There's a two count on the pin. Malenko charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Vicious back suplex! Dean Malenko got nailed big time! Hooks the leg for a two count. Tor-NADO DDT from Chris Candido, Malenko got planted! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Malenko reverses a waistlock. Dean Malenko connects with a back heel kick on Candido and gets back up quickly. Candido counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Flying elbow from Chris Candido connects. Dean Malenko tries to get a big slam, but it is blocked when Candido goes to the eyes! Chris Candido quickly scores with a field-goal kick between the legs! Dean Malenko collapses! The referee didn't see the illegal blow! 1...2...3! Dean Malenko got screwed! Chris Candido leaves the ring and heads off down the aisle at speed. Candido has the victory, and isn't hanging around for Dean Malenko to look for revenge.

Match Rating 3.5*

Christopher Daniels is backstage. He wanted to rip into Rey Misterio Jr.. Not literally, of course. That would just be nasty. Instead, this was a good way to build up to an eventual match.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Rey Misterio Jr. vs Christopher Daniels.

Match Background: Rey Misterio Jr. is the reigning WCW Cruiserweight champion, and has been since 04 January 2001.

The Match: Hard back suplex on Rey Jr.. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Lightning kick by Daniels on Rey Jr.. Covers for a quick two count. Rey Jr. pushes out of a Christopher Daniels hold. Dropkick connects to the butt of the jaw and Daniels goes down. Hard back suplex on Daniels. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Covers for a quick two count. SHINING WIZARD~! on Daniels by Rey Jr.! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Rey Jr. uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Christopher Daniels elbows Rey Misterio Jr. in the face to break a hammerlock. SUPER frankensteiner on Rey Jr., who hit hard. Covers for a quick two count. Slingshot senton by Daniels, crushing the chest cavity of Rey Jr.. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Hard back suplex on Rey Jr.. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Standing leg lariat by Christopher Daniels on Rey Jr.. Rey Misterio Jr. pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Implant DDT by Rey Misterio Jr.! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Slingshot senton by Rey Jr., crushing the chest cavity of Daniels. Christopher Daniels is in trouble. Flying Hurricanrana!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Rey Misterio Jr. climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

Shane Helms is backstage. He wanted to rip into Jushin Thunder Liger. Not literally, of course. That would just be nasty. Instead, this was a good way to build up to an eventual match.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Jushin Thunder Liger vs Shane Helms.

Match Background: Shane Helms is the reigning WCW Television champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Liger takes a flying neckbreaker from Shane Helms. Flying cross body off the top rope! Covers for a quick two count. Liger counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Jushin Thunder Liger strikes Helms. Liger uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Hooks the leg for a two count. Diamond Dust from Jushin Thunder Liger and Helms is out! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Liger walks into a drop toe hold. Lightning kick by Helms on Liger. Covers for a quick two count. Diamond Dust from Shane Helms and Liger is out! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Flying elbow from Shane Helms connects. Spinning back kick from Shane Helms. Jushin Thunder Liger once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Liger uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! Helms walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Shane Helms can barely stand. Shotei! 1....2....3. Jushin Thunder Liger goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4.5*

Steven Richards is backstage with Tajiri. Steven Richards was out there to hype a match for Tajiri against Steve Corino.

Segment Rating 3*

Tajiri vs Steve Corino.

The Match: Tajiri connects with a back heel kick on Corino and gets back up quickly. Steve Corino fights out of a grapple. Double arm suplex by Steve Corino connects as Tajiri hits hard. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Steve Corino connects and Tajiri is down! Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Tajiri once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Tajiri hits a dropkick on Steve Corino and gets right back up. Lightning kick by Tajiri on Corino. Hooks the leg for a two count. Back heel kick off the second rope and Corino goes flying! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Corino blocks a kick from Tajiri. Steve Corino hits a bulldog off the ropes. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Tajiri pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Tajiri gets whipped into the corner. Corino charges in, but into a pair of raised boots. Tajiri uses a roll up, with feet on the second rope! The referee hasn't seen it: 1....2....3!! Tajiri remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 4*

Sinister Minister is in the ring, and takes a microphone. He challenges Rey Misterio Jr. to come out and face him. Rey Misterio Jr. comes running out, but falls prey to a vicious chair shot from Jushin Thunder Liger, who had been hiding in the wings. Liger continues the beating as Sinister Minister walks down to get some shots in. Rey Misterio Jr. got suckered in.

Segment Rating 3*

Show Rating 3.5*
Old 09-21-2020, 09:04 PM   #20
Pro

February 19th 2001

Dean Malenko vs Stevie Ray.

The Match: Malenko gets splashed in the corner. Stevie Ray DDTs Malenko, but it just looked terrible. Hooks the leg for a two count. Dean Malenko comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Malenko hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Implant DDT by Dean Malenko! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Hooks the leg for a two count. Back heel kick off the second rope, Ray goes down. Pin, but Ray is out just before the three count. Spin kick by Dean Malenko to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Ray ducks a wild right hand. Ray hits a piledriver on Dean Malenko. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. Hooks the leg for a two count. Side suplex from Ray. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Running clothesline from Stevie Ray was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Stevie Ray hits a right hand on Dean Malenko and follows it up with a couple more. Stevie Ray misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Spin kick by Dean Malenko to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Ray walks into a face crusher variation. Has anyone's face ever really been crushed by one though? Dean Malenko has Stevie Ray down on the canvas. Texas Clover Leaf!!! Stevie Ray goes limp! Shawn Stasiak quickly comes running down the aisle and into the ring! Dean Malenko turns around. Shawn Stasiak spins Malenko around. Shawn Stasiak hits the Fisherman's Suplex! The referee calls for the DQ because of the interference of Stasiak! Ray and Stasiak are beating the hell out of Dean Malenko! Shane Helms sprints down the aisle and slides into the ring! He goes toe-to-toe with Stevie Ray, exchanging punches, while Dean Malenko comes back, sending Stasiak out of the ring with a clothesline. Helms \ Malenko have cleared the ring, driving off Ray and Stasiak!

Match Rating 3*

Booker T is backstage. He continued their rivalry by getting on THE STICK~! and ripping into Randy Savage. I'm happy that they're giving the feud enough time to develop.

Segment Rating 4*

Dean Malenko and Shane Helms vs Shawn Stasiak and Stevie Ray.

Match Background: This is a continuation of the Malenko vs Stasiak feud. This is a continuation of the Helms vs Ray feud. Ray has yet to get an in-ring victory in this feud. Dean Malenko is the reigning WCW United States champion, and has been since 28 January 2001. Shane Helms is the reigning WCW Television champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Running clothesline from Stevie Ray was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Stevie Ray hits an ugly looking bulldog off the ropes. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between Stevie Ray and Shawn Stasiak. Stasiak \ Ray whip Malenko into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Dean Malenko by Stasiak. Remember when that was a legit finish? There's a two count on the pin. Malenko takes a headbutt from Shawn Stasiak. Malenko reverses a waistlock. Vicious kick to the teeth from Dean Malenko. Malenko tags out to Shane Helms. Hard back suplex on Stasiak. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Super kick by Shane Helms. Helms goes for a splash but Stasiak puts the knees up. Stasiak tags out to Stevie Ray. Stevie Ray hits a sloppy double axe handle off the top. Stevie Ray scores with a poor standing spinebuster. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Helms hits a punch, but takes one right back. Again! A slugfest erupts in the ring! Ray goes for a splash but Helms puts the knees up. SUPER frankensteiner on Ray, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. Stevie Ray is in trouble. Nightmare On Helms Street!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Malenko \ Helms climb opposite turnbuckles, working the crowd as they celebrate their victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

New Age Outlaws are walking backstage, when nWo come out of nowhere and attack. They destroy New Age Outlaws, and leave them down on the concrete floor, hurt.

Segment Rating 3*

Bulldog and The Anvil vs KroniK.

Match Background: KroniK are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. KroniK are the reigning WCW Tag Team champions, and have been since 15 January 2001.

The Match: Uninspired brawling from British Bulldog. British Bulldog hits a right hand on Brian Adams. There's a two count on the pin. Tag between British Bulldog and Jim Neidhart. Bulldog and The Anvil whip Adams into the ropes and hit a double back elbow. Covers for a quick two count. Punch by Anvil, missing Adams COMPLETELY. I'm just glad thatAdams didn't sell it. Adams counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Big clothesline from Adams. Covers for a quick two count. Adams tags out to Bryan Clarke. Bryan Clarke DDTs Anvil, but it just looked terrible. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Bryan Clarke strikes Jim Neidhart with a hard blow. Bryan Clarke misses a clothesline. Weak slam from Anvil sets Clarke for something, but if it was as weak as that slam, then Clarke has no worries. Anvil tags out to British Bulldog. Clarke receives some punishment by British Bulldog but with that horrid offense, we're the only ones truly being punished. Tag to Brian Adams. Big kick from Bulldog staggers Adams but that's about it. As Anvil and Adams get into a brawl on the outside, Road Warrior Animal comes running down into the ring! Animal has a chair, and drops Bulldog and Adams with devastating blows, causing the referee to call for the bell. This match has been ruled a no contest! Bulldog and The Anvil and KroniK don't look like they've finished! They continue to brawl in and around the ring, not stopping until a host of referees run down the aisle to break them up.

Match Rating 3*

Diamond Dallas Page is in the ring. Rob Van Dam comes out, and challenges him to a match tonight. The challenge is accepted.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Diamond Dallas Page vs Rob Van Dam.

The Match: Rob Van Dam kicks the leg, knocks DDP down, and goes to work on it. Rob Van Dam kicks the leg, knocks DDP down, and goes to work on it. RVD hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. There's a two count on the pin. THERE IT IS! A legdrop to the BACK OF THE HEAD! I swear, that makes any match just a little bit better. I don't mind telling you that every time I see it, that's for sure. Hooks the leg for a two count. RVD walks into a drop toe hold. Wack kick from DDP. Hooks the leg for a two count. Diamond Dallas Page hits a sloppy double axe handle off the top. RVD blocks a kick from Diamond Dallas Page. Back heel kick off the second rope, DDP goes down. Rob Van Dam moves in for the kill. Van Daminator!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Rob Van Dam remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

X-Pac is backstage, when nWo come out of nowhere and attack him. They destroy him and leave him down on the concrete floor, hurt.

Segment Rating 3.5*

The Rhodes vs Road Warriors.

Match Background: Road Warriors are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion.

The Match: Animal gets slammed down hard and winces in pain. Fallaway slam by Dustin Rhodes puts down Road Warrior Animal. Covers for a quick two count. Rhodes tags out to Dusty Rhodes. The Rhodes hook up Animal, then hit a double suplex. Hooks the leg for a two count. Road Warrior Animal takes a right hand to the temple from Dusty. Animal ducks a wild right hand. Road Warrior Animal DDTs Dusty, but it just looked terrible. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Road Warrior Hawk. Road Warrior Hawk hits a sloppy double axe handle off the top. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Road Warrior Hawk with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Dusty. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. Dusty Rhodes reverses a hip toss. Dusty Rhodes with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Hawk. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. Tag to Dustin Rhodes. Rhodes scoops and slams Road Warrior Hawk. What's the difference between a scoop slam and a body slam anyway? Tag between Road Warrior Hawk and Road Warrior Animal. Dustin Rhodes with a spinning neckbreaker on Animal. KroniK come running down the aisle and into the ring! Animal turns...and is dropped with a double DDT! Animal in big trouble. Road Warrior Animal can barely stand. Running Bulldog! 1....2....3. KroniK aren't satisfied! They decide to continue the assault on Road Warriors, stomping them into the mat until referees pull them away!

Match Rating 3.5*

Randy Savage is backstage. He continued their rivalry by getting on THE STICK~! and ripping into Booker T. I'm happy that they're giving the feud enough time to develop.

Segment Rating 4.5*

Ric Flair, Scott Steiner, and Randy Savage vs Booker T, Sting, and Goldberg.

Match Background: This is a continuation of the Booker vs Savage feud. Savage has yet to get an in-ring victory in this feud. Booker T is the reigning WCW World champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Booker T connects with rights and lefts and Randy Savage is down! Booker slams Randy Savage down and motions to the crowd. Tag to Goldberg. Goldberg strikes Randy Savage with a hard blow. Powerslam from Goldberg on Savage. Covers for a quick two count. Goldberg tags out to Sting. Goldberg \ Sting whip Savage into the ropes and hit a double clothesline. Sting slams Randy Savage down and motions to the crowd. Savage blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Savage slams Sting down. Sting is sure in trouble now. Savage tags out to Scott Steiner. Big kick from Poppa Pump staggers Sting but that's about it. Scott Steiner scores with a poor standing spinebuster. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Sting takes a vertical suplex, but pops right back up. Poppa Pump tags out to Ric Flair. Sting just WALKS into a stiff lariat clothesline from Flair. Big dropkick by Ric Flair, who got a ton of air on the move. Sting once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Tag to Booker T. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on Ric Flair by Booker. Remember when that was a legit finish? Tag to Randy Savage. Uninspired brawling from Randy Savage. Booker blocks a punch. Randy Savage is in trouble. Here it comes - Book End. 1....2...3, it's finished.

Match Rating 3.5*

Show Rating 3*
Old 09-22-2020, 10:38 PM   #21
Pro

February 23rd 2001

Rey Misterio Jr. is in the ring. Jushin Thunder Liger comes out, and challenges him to a match at Superbrawl Revenge. The challenge is accepted.

Segment Rating 4*

Chavo Guerrero Jr. is backstage. He was on Hype Central (HYPE CENTRAL!!!) tonight, this time for a match with Billy Kidman. Can you believe that I just marked out for Lance Wright? How many people even remember that guy?

Segment Rating 3.5*

Steve Corino is in the ring, and he calls out Tajiri. Tajiri runs down and hits the ring, and they brawl all the way back into the aisle, and eventually out of sight backstage.

Segment Rating 4*

Steve Corino vs Tajiri.

The Match: Tajiri kicks the leg, knocks Corino down, and goes to work on it. Tajiri strikes Corino. Second rope flying axe handle, Corino goes down. One day, Tajiri might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Corino takes a flying neckbreaker from Tajiri. Corino flips out of a Tajiri bodyslam attempt. Bodyslam by Corino. Spinebuster by Steve Corino. Hooks the leg for a two count. Steve Corino misses a clothesline. Tajiri crushes Corino with a sweet running senton. Hooks the leg for a two count. Back heel kick off the second rope and Corino goes flying! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Corino kicks Tajiri in the gut to reverse the momentum. Corino slams Tajiri. Corino charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Hard back suplex on Corino. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Tajiri moves in for the kill. Kick Of Death! 1....2....3. Tajiri goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

Shane Helms is backstage. He was on Hype Central (HYPE CENTRAL!!!) tonight, this time for a match with Dean Malenko. Can you believe that I just marked out for Lance Wright? How many people even remember that guy?

Segment Rating 3*

Dean Malenko vs Shane Helms.

Match Background: Dean Malenko is the reigning WCW United States champion, and has been since 28 January 2001. Shane Helms is the reigning WCW Television champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Spinning back kick from Dean Malenko. Malenko hits a HARD spinning kick to the jaw. Flying elbow from Dean Malenko connects. Hard back suplex on Helms. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. Helms reverses a waistlock. Shane Helms hits a rolling kick on Malenko. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Helms crushes Malenko with a huge legdrop. There's a two count on the pin. Malenko blocks a kick from Shane Helms. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Helms is down! Hooks the leg for a two count. Vicious kick to the teeth from Dean Malenko. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Shane Helms reverses a hip toss. Dropkick connects to the butt of the jaw and Malenko goes down. Shane Helms misses a clothesline. Malenko uses a basement dropkick to the knee and it looks like it might be TIME TO GO TO SCHOOL~! The bell rings, and this match has come to a time limit draw. Dean Malenko extends his hand to Helms...and it is accepted! They shake!

Match Rating 4*

Christopher Daniels is backstage. He was on Hype Central (HYPE CENTRAL!!!) tonight, this time for a match with Chris Candido. Can you believe that I just marked out for Lance Wright? How many people even remember that guy?

Segment Rating 3.5*

Chris Candido vs Christopher Daniels.

The Match: Candido walks into a high dropkick from Christopher Daniels, almost losing several teeth in the process. Daniels just WAFFLES Candido with a STIFF chop that hurt ME to watch! Spin kick by Christopher Daniels to the face sends the opponent FLYING across the ring. Implant DDT by Christopher Daniels! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Candido ducks a wild right hand. A Gut buster connects on Daniels and hits hard. Daniels takes a quick lariat. Hooks the leg for a two count. Daniels counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! VICIOUS lightning kick by Daniels on Candido. Covers for a quick two count. Tiger suplex on Candido. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, Bloody Hell! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Daniels goes for a splash but Candido puts the knees up. Spinning back kick from Chris Candido. Daniels counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Daniels hits a dropkick on Chris Candido and gets right back up. Chris Candido can barely stand. Angel's Wings!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Christopher Daniels goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

Torrie Wilson is backstage with Billy Kidman. Torrie Wilson was out there to hype a match for Kidman against Chavo Guerrero Jr..

Segment Rating 3.5*

Billy Kidman vs Chavo Guerrero Jr..

The Match: Standing leg lariat by Chavo Guerrero Jr. on Kidman. Billy Kidman elbows Chavo Guerrero Jr. in the face to break a hammerlock. Billy Kidman connects with a back heel kick on Chavo and gets back up quickly. Kidman whips Chavo into the turnbuckles...and the ref is crushed! Vicious kick to the teeth from Billy Kidman. Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Chavo Guerrero Jr. elbows Billy Kidman in the face to break a hammerlock. Kidman takes a flying neckbreaker from Chavo Guerrero Jr.. Chavo crushes Kidman with a running senton. Covers for a quick two count. Vicious chokeslam byChavo Guerrero Jr.! I'd compare it to Akira Taue, but then that would start another argument on the TSM Forums. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Billy Kidman fights out of a grapple. SUPER frankensteiner on Chavo, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Chavo counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Chavo Guerrero Jr. gets whipped into the corner. Kidman charges in, but into a pair of raised boots. Chavo uses a roll up, with feet on the second rope! The referee hasn't seen it: 1....2....3!! Chavo Guerrero Jr. climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 3.5*

Jushin Thunder Liger and Rey Misterio Jr. are in the ring on opposite sides of a table, about to sign a contract to face each other in an upcoming match. Jushin Thunder Liger signs it. Rey Jr. also signs it, but is immediately attacked by Liger, who drives the table into his ribs. Rey Misterio Jr. can barely stand. Liger Bomb! Jushin Thunder Liger walks off, having won this battle.

Segment Rating 4*

Show Rating 3.5*
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2020, 10:42 PM   #22
Pro

PREVIEW

WCW World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Savage vs Booker T(C)

WCW United States Championship
Shawn Stasiak vs Dean Malenko(C)

WCW Tag Team Championship
Road Warriors vs Kronik(C)

WCW Television Championship
Stevie Ray vs Shane Helms

WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Jushin Thunder Liger vs Rey Misterio Jr

6-Man Tag Team Match
nWo vs Degenerates

RVD vs Sting

Goldberg vs Scott Steiner
Old 09-24-2020, 02:25 AM   #23
Pro

February 25th 2001

Pre Show:

Stacy Keibler and Torrie Wilson are both in the ring in robes, ready for a bikini contest. Stacy goes first, and poses for the crowd. Torrie goes next, and struts around the ring. The judge listens to the crowd reaction and then declares Stacy Keibler the winner. She celebrates while Torrie Wilson stands in the corner looking furious.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Stevie Ray vs Shane Helms.

Match Background: This is a continuation of the Helms vs Ray feud. Ray has yet to get an in-ring victory in this feud. This match is for the WCW Television title. Shane Helms has been WCW Television champion since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Stevie Ray hits a right hand on Shane Helms and follows it up with a couple more. Helms hits a punch, but takes one right back. Again! A slugfest erupts in the ring! Big kick from Ray staggers Helms but that's about it. Stevie Ray strikes Shane Helms with a hard blow. Helms reverses a waistlock. Second rope flying axe handle, Ray goes down. One day, Helms might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. Spinning bulldog in the corner and Ray is down! Covers for a quick two count. Helms charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Stevie Ray DDTs Helms, but it just looked terrible. Hooks the leg for a two count. Stevie Ray scores with a crappy looking standing spinebuster. Could have been done a hell of a lot better though. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Helms counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Shane Helms kicks the leg, knocks Ray down, and goes to work on it. Ray blocks a punch. Helms gets splashed in the corner. Shane Helms falls through the ropes after a hard shot from Ray. He seemed to hit his head on the apron on the way down. The referee reaches a ten count, and this one is over. Shane Helms leaves and walks back down the aisle. Wait...Stevie Ray comes running as well, and Helms gets dropped with a clothesline, followed by a load of stomps. He is left lying in the aisle.

Match Rating 3*

Road Warriors vs KroniK.

Match Background: Road Warriors are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. KroniK are one of the most experienced teams in the promotion. This is a continuation of the KroniK vs Road Warriors feud. This match is for the WCW Tag Team titles. KroniK have been WCW Tag Team champions since 15 January 2001.

The Match: Animal hits a punch, but takes one right back. Again! A slugfest erupts in the ring! Big kick from Clarke staggers Animal but that's about it. Covers for a quick two count. Tag between Bryan Clarke and Brian Adams. KroniK whip Animal into the corner. Bryan Clarke whips Brian Adams in for a hard clothesline to follow-up. Covers for a quick two count. Brian Adams with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Animal. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. Animal reverses a waistlock. Weak bodyslam by Animal. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag to Road Warrior Hawk. Hawk hits a piledriver on Brian Adams. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Road Warrior Hawk with a badly-executed spinning neckbreaker on Adams. One more performed that badly and this match will end on a bad note, if you get my drift. Brian Adams once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Hawk gets splashed in the corner. Tag between Brian Adams and Bryan Clarke. Hawk hits a punch, but takes one right back. Again! A slugfest erupts in the ring! Tag to Road Warrior Animal. Bryan Clarke strikes Road Warrior Animal with a hard blow. Road Warrior Animal gets whipped into the corner by Clarke, who charges in with a clothesline. Animal grabs the referee and pulls him in the way! The referee calls for the DQ as he collapses to the mat in pain. Road Warrior Animal gets out of the ring and walks off, having taken the cheap way out. I don't think the fight has finished. Road Warriors and KroniK have begun brawling again! They wind up brawling all the way down the aisle and out of view.

Match Rating 3.5*

Rob Van Dam vs Sting.

The Match: Rob Van Dam strikes Sting. Standing leg lariat by Rob Van Dam on Sting. RVD hits a dropkick on Sting and gets right back up. Sting takes a flying neckbreaker from Rob Van Dam. Rob Van Dam gets taken down out of nowhere! Rob Van Dam charges into the corner, but EATS BOOT and staggers backward. Spear by Sting. Hooks the leg for a two count. Sting misses a clothesline. GORGEOUS Spinning bulldog in the corner and Sting is down. Hooks the leg for a two count. Diamond Dust from Rob Van Dam, Sting is out! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Sting avoids a Rob Van Dam avalanche by getting out of the damn way! RVD gets slammed down hard and winces in pain. Sting misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. RVD hits a dropkick on Sting and gets right back up. Rob Van Dam gets a roll-up...and grabs a handful of tights as well! The referee doesn't see it: 1....2...3!! Rob Van Dam climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

Jushin Thunder Liger vs Rey Misterio Jr..

Match Background: This is a continuation of the Rey Jr. vs Liger feud. Liger has yet to get an in-ring victory in this feud. This match is for the WCW Cruiserweight title. Rey Misterio Jr. has been WCW Cruiserweight champion since 04 January 2001.

The Match: Spinning back kick from Rey Misterio Jr.. Rey Misterio Jr. kicks the leg, knocks Liger down, and goes to work on it. Rey Misterio Jr. hits a rolling kick on Liger. Konnan has ruined any chance for me ever enjoying this maneuver again with his ****ty execution of it. Liger takes a flying neckbreaker from Rey Misterio Jr.. Rey Misterio Jr. misses a clothesline. Implant DDT by Jushin Thunder Liger! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Lightning kick by Liger on Rey Jr.. Hooks the leg for a two count. Rey Jr. kicks Jushin Thunder Liger in the gut to reverse the momentum. Rey Jr. crushes Liger with a running senton. Covers for a quick two count. Slingshot senton by Rey Jr., crushing the chest cavity of Liger. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Liger reverses a Rey Misterio Jr. hammerlock. STIFF high kick on Rey Jr. by Jushin Thunder Liger. Rey Jr. blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Flying elbow from Rey Misterio Jr. connects. Sinister Minister has climbed up onto the apron! Rey Jr. turns...and falls for the distraction! Jushin Thunder Liger runs at Rey Jr. from behind...but misses! Jushin Thunder Liger collides with Sinister Minister! Jushin Thunder Liger is in trouble. Here it comes - Flying Hurricanrana. 1....2...3, it's finished. Rey Misterio Jr. goes into the crowd, where he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4.5*

nWo vs Degenerates.

The Match: Wack kick from Billy. Running clothesline from Billy Gunn was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Tag between Billy Gunn and Road Dogg. Running clothesline from Road Dogg was actually MIGHTY sloppy. Road Dogg hits a piledriver on Scott Hall. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. Hooks the leg for a two count. Tag between Road Dogg and X-Pac. D-Generation X hook up Hall, then hit a double suplex. Second rope flying axe handle, Hall goes down. One day, X-Pac might even consider coming off the top with that. You know...for more impact and stuff. X-Pac drops an elbow...but Scott Hall moves out of the way. Rude Awakening neckbreaker on X-Pac by Hall. Remember when that was a legit finish? Tag between Scott Hall and Kevin Nash. Weak bodyslam on X-Pac by Nash sets up a legdrop. Kevin Nash scores with a poor standing spinebuster. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Kevin Nash hits a right hand on X-Pac. Tag between Kevin Nash and Hulk Hogan. BORING *** brawling from Hogan. Punch by Hogan, missing X-Pac COMPLETELY. I'm just glad thatX-Pac didn't sell it. X-Pac powers out of a Hulk Hogan headlock. Tag between X-Pac and Billy Gunn. Hogan gets splashed in the corner. Tag between Hulk Hogan and Scott Hall. Hall slams Billy Gunn. Billy Gunn is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Scott Hall is in trouble. Fame-***-Er! 1....2....3.

Match Rating 3*

Shawn Stasiak vs Dean Malenko.

Match Background: This is a continuation of the Malenko vs Stasiak feud. This match is for the WCW United States title. Dean Malenko has been WCW United States champion since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Flying shoulder tackle by Stasiak sends Malenko CRASHING to the mat. Spear by Shawn Stasiak. Hooks the leg for a two count. Malenko counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Dean Malenko kicks the leg, knocks Stasiak down, and goes to work on it. Implant DDT by Dean Malenko! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Hooks the leg for a two count. Springboard dropkick from Dean Malenko. Nicely done. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Implant DDT by Dean Malenko! I will always and forever mark out for that move. Shawn Stasiak pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. Massive backbreaker on Malenko and I get happy flashbacks to Bret Hart's Five Moves of DOOM. Covers for a quick two count. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Shawn Stasiak just KILLS Dean Malenko! Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Flying shoulder tackle by Stasiak sends Malenko CRASHING to the mat. Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Shawn Stasiak ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Dean Malenko is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Malenko hits a dropkick on Shawn Stasiak and gets right back up. Tiger suplex on Stasiak. No Misawa references from me, I swear. Oh, dammit. Dean Malenko floors Shawn Stasiak. Here it comes...Texas Clover Leaf! Shawn Stasiak taps! Dean Malenko is still in the ring celebrating. Shawn Stasiak pushes the referee away. Shawn Stasiak spins Malenko around. Shawn Stasiak hits the Fisherman's Suplex!

Match Rating 3.5*

Goldberg vs Scott Steiner.

The Match: Poppa Pump receives some punishment by Goldberg but with that horrid offense, we're the only ones truly being punished. Scott Steiner comes up with a right hand out of nowhere. Scott Steiner hits Goldberg. Goldberg charges, Poppa Pump moves, and the referee is knocked silly! Scott Steiner scores with a poor standing spinebuster. Cover, but there's no one to count for Scott Steiner! Goldberg reverses a Scott Steiner hammerlock. Goldberg hits a right hand on Scott Steiner. Powerslam from Goldberg on Poppa Pump. Covers for a quick two count. Goldberg turns Poppa Pump inside-out with a clothesline. Reminds me of Willow's 'Bored Now' skin ripping finisher. Inside joke, don't worry about it. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Poppa Pump reverses a waistlock. Scott Steiner DDTs Goldberg, but it just looked terrible. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Goldberg blocks the suplex attempt and is able to hit the suplex instead! Goldberg moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Spear. 1....2...3, it's finished. Goldberg remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

Randy Savage vs Booker T.

Match Background: This is a continuation of the Booker vs Savage feud. Savage has yet to get an in-ring victory in this feud. This match is for the WCW World title. Booker T has been WCW World champion since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Savage is a glutton for punishment and just continues to take it during this match. Savage gets slammed down hard and winces in pain. Bodyslam by Booker. Booker T with a spinning neckbreaker on Savage. Booker T gets taken down out of nowhere! Randy Savage hits a right hand on Booker T. Weak bodyslam by Savage. There's a two count on the pin. Booker blocks a kick from Randy Savage. Nice piledriver on Savage. Hooks the leg for a two count. Spear! Savage is down! Pin, but Savage is out just before the three count. Savage kicks Booker T in the gut to reverse the momentum. Uninspired brawling from Randy Savage. Booker backdrops Randy Savage out of a piledriver attempt. That took a lot out of Booker T. BAAACK Body drop by Savage gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Randy Savage has lost it! He floors Booker T and starts raining down punches like a psycho! The referee tries to break it up...and gets thrown to one side. The referee is calling for the DQ! Savage has caused a DQ through his hatred of Booker T. Savage grabs the referee, then nails him with a right hand! Dozens of people hit the ring to stop any further incident.

Match Rating 3.5*

Show Rating 3.5*
Old 09-25-2020, 01:14 AM   #24
Pro

February 26th 2001
Next PPV Greed March 25th 2001

Shane Helms vs Shawn Stasiak.

The Match: Stasiak slams Shane Helms. Helms reverses a waistlock. Dropkick connects to the butt of the jaw and Stasiak goes down. Helms whips Stasiak into the turnbuckles...and the ref is crushed! Diamond Dust from Shane Helms and Stasiak is out! Cover, but there's no one to count for Shane Helms! Shawn Stasiak is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Shawn Stasiak with a spinning neckbreaker on Helms. Nice piledriver on Helms. Hooks the leg for a two count. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Shawn Stasiak just KILLS Shane Helms! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Shawn Stasiak misses a big legdrop after stalling too long. Helms crushes Stasiak with a huge legdrop. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Stasiak kicks Shane Helms in the gut to reverse the momentum. Stevie Ray comes running down the aisle and onto the apron! Helms turns...and is dropped throat-first onto the top rope by Ray! Stevie Ray has left Helms in big trouble. Shawn Stasiak moves in for the kill. Fisherman's Suplex!!! That shook the ring. 1....2....3!! Stasiak \ Ray are beating down on Shane Helms! The music of Dean Malenko hits, and he comes running down the aisle into the ring. Stasiak and Ray bail out of the ring, leaving Shane Helms down in the ring. Dean Malenko may have saved Shane Helms from a brutal beating.

Match Rating 3.5*

Booker T is in the ring, and he calls out Randy Savage. There is no response, so Booker T walks off backstage to find him.

Segment Rating 4*

Dusty Rhodes vs Kevin Nash.

The Match: Dusty receives some punishment by Kevin Nash but with that horrid offense, we're the only ones truly being punished. A weak headbutt on Dusty by Nash causes nothing but pain for both. Dusty Rhodes takes a right hand to the temple from Nash. Big kick from Nash staggers Dusty but that's about it. Dusty Rhodes once again takes the advantage after blocking a few punches and connecting with some forearms. Dusty slams Kevin Nash down. Nash is sure in trouble now. Dusty Rhodes DDTs Nash, but it just looked terrible. There's a two count on the pin. Kevin Nash is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Weak bodyslam by Nash. There's a two count on the pin. Sloppy discus punch from Kevin Nash barely connects on Dusty. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Dusty counters an arm wringer with an elbow to the side of the head. Dusty Rhodes hits Nash. Kevin Nash reverses a hip toss. Kevin Nash strikes Dusty Rhodes with a hard blow. Dusty Rhodes hooks up a suplex, but Nash flips out and lands on his feet, and quickly grabs the tights to score with a school boy pin! 1...2..3! The referee somehow missed the blatant cheating! Kevin Nash remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

Paul Heyman is backstage with Chuck Palumbo. Paul Heyman wanted to rip into Chris Kanyon. Uh oh. Looks like SOMEONE is a little upset tonight.

Segment Rating 4*

Chuck Palumbo vs Chris Kanyon.

The Match: STIFF~! chop lights up Kanyon who covers up to try and stop the agonizing PAIN! Chuck Palumbo gets taken down out of nowhere! Palumbo takes a headbutt from Chris Kanyon. The ref is bumped, as goes down after accidentally getting caught by an elbow to the face. Powerbomb on Palumbo. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Chuck Palumbo is able to duck a clothesline attempt and connect with a counter clothesline. Fallaway slam by Chuck Palumbo puts down Chris Kanyon. Full nelson slam on Kanyon. Hooks the leg for a two count. DEATH VALLEY DRIVAH~! by Chuck Palumbo just KILLS Chris Kanyon! Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Chris Kanyon elbows Chuck Palumbo in the face to break a hammerlock. Nice piledriver on Palumbo. Hooks the leg! ONE...TWO...NO! Chris Kanyon gets taken down out of nowhere! Chuck Palumbo moves in for the kill. Here it comes - Powerslam. 1....2...3, it's finished. Chuck Palumbo remains in the ring, celebrating the victory.

Match Rating 3.5*

KroniK are backstage. They continued the feud by ripping into Road Warriors. Hooray for properly booked feuds!

Segment Rating 3*

Diamond Dallas Page vs Scott Hall.

The Match: Hall hits a right hand. Diamond Dallas Page pulls a mule kick out of nowhere. A weak headbutt on Hall by DDP causes nothing but pain for both. Diamond Dallas Page misses a clothesline...and takes out the referee accidentally! DDP DDTs Scott Hall. Hooks the leg, but the referee is still out! Hall ducks a wild right hand. Scott Hall with a spinning neckbreaker on DDP. Big piledriver on DDP. Covers for a quick two count. Death valley driver (not to be confused with the DVD 500) by Scott Hall connects and Diamond Dallas Page is down! Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Diamond Dallas Page powers out of a Scott Hall headlock. DDP hits a piledriver on Scott Hall. I know I wouldn't let someone that bad give me a piledriver. Cover, ONE...TWO...NO! I honestly thought that match was going to end right then and there. Hall blocks a kick from Diamond Dallas Page. Diamond Dallas Page tries to get a big slam, but it is blocked when Hall goes to the eyes! Scott Hall quickly scores with a field-goal kick between the legs! Diamond Dallas Page collapses! The referee didn't see the illegal blow! 1...2...3! Diamond Dallas Page got screwed! Scott Hall climbs each turnbuckle in turn, working the crowd as he celebrates his victory

Match Rating 4*

Ric Flair is backstage. I've got a feeling this one is going to be good. He was on Hype Central (HYPE CENTRAL!!!) tonight, this time for a match with Booker T. Can you believe that I just marked out for Lance Wright? How many people even remember that guy?

Segment Rating 4.5*

Dean Malenko and Shane Helms vs Shawn Stasiak and Stevie Ray.

Match Background: This is a continuation of the Malenko vs Stasiak feud. This is a continuation of the Helms vs Ray feud. Dean Malenko is the reigning WCW United States champion, and has been since 28 January 2001. Shane Helms is the reigning WCW Television champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: BAAACK Body drop by Helms gets a bit of a pop from the crowd. Spinebuster by Shawn Stasiak. Covers for a quick two count. Stasiak tags out to Stevie Ray. Ray \ Stasiak whip Helms into the ropes and hit a double backdrop. Shane Helms takes a right hand to the temple from Ray. Hooks the leg for a two count. Stevie Ray hits Helms. Helms blocks a punch. Springboard dropkick from Shane Helms. Nicely done. Tag between Shane Helms and Dean Malenko. Hard back suplex on Ray. Come to think of it, that move had WAY too much power in No Mercy for N64. SUPER frankensteiner on Ray, who hit hard and is loopy as a result. Malenko goes for a splash but Ray puts the knees up. Tag between Stevie Ray and Shawn Stasiak. Full nelson slam on Malenko. Shawn Stasiak scores with a big spinebuster. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! Trying to channel the spirit of Misawa, Shawn Stasiak ends up chanelling Lex Luger instead and nails a running forearm to the face, minus the steel plate, of course. Malenko counters a backdrop attempt with a kick to the face and hit a clothesline! Stasiak takes a NICE hurrancarana from Dean Malenko. Dean Malenko has Shawn Stasiak down on the canvas. Shawn Stasiak gets locked in the Texas Clover Leaf! Submission victory! Malenko \ Helms go into the crowd, where they celebrate their win.

Match Rating 3.5*

KroniK are walking backstage when they are spotted by Road Warriors. They attack, and after a short brawl, KroniK have been left down on the floor, hurt.

Segment Rating 3.5*

Booker T vs Ric Flair.

Match Background: Booker T is the reigning WCW World champion, and has been since 28 January 2001.

The Match: Booker T connects with rights and lefts and Ric Flair is down! Flair counters a sleeper with a jaw breaker and is able to get free! Booker gets caught with a belly to belly suplex from Flair! Booker reverses an irish whip...and Ric Flair runs into the referee! Delayed BRAINBUSTAH~! by Flair who held onto that one for ages. Pinfall attempt, but the ref is out and can't count to three! Flair charges into the corner but EATS BOOT. Flying shoulder tackle by Booker sends Flair CRASHING to the mat. Flair walks into a side slam. Think about how much talent it takes to side slam someone. Nash can do it. There's a two count on the pin. Massive lariat! Stan Hansen would approve. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Booker goes for a splash but Flair puts the knees up. Doctor Bomb connects and Booker landed hard. Pinfall attempt: ONE...TWO...NO! I would have bought that as the finish! Booker reverses a Ric Flair hammerlock. Ric Flair is in trouble. Book End! 1....2....3. Randy Savage comes running down the aisle, and gets into the ring! Randy Savage slams Booker down. Randy Savage climbs to the top rope and hits the Savage Elbow! Booker T has been left down on the canvas.

Match Rating 4*

Show Rating 3.5*

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Other Sports Dynasties »