Home

2013-14 Hot Stove League Thread

This is a discussion on 2013-14 Hot Stove League Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #49
Pro

yougo1000's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: 2013-14 Hot Stove League Thread

A's sign Phillip Humber, Reds sign Jason Bourgeosis and Trevor Reckling, and Dodgers sign Fabio Martinez. All to minor league deals
Old 11-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #50
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
I know there has been rumors (or rumours...) that the Rangers have been interested in Bautista for a while now in addition to Encarnacion. I'm not that big on Encarnacion, but I would be interested in what Toronto would want for Bautista. I would assume that Holland is on the market for pitching, and it wouldn't be too far fetched for somebody like Kinsler to be available.
I would be higher on EE than Bautista if I were you, but Holland or Profar is going to have to be in a deal for Bautista. Kinsler is an interesting name but his contract and decline are scary.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:27 PM   #51
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
I haven't heard this at all. Am I this far out of the loop?

If we're trading Bautista it should be to Texas or Pittsburgh. Holland, Profar, Taillon, Cole, they have some pretty excellent trading options. We're not trading Bautista though, AA doesn't have the guts.
Brunt, Davidi, Hayhurst etc et al have expressed this opinion at one time or another in the last couple of months. It isn't a front burner point of discussion but it's one that's been bandied about here and there.

Personally, with the boom or bust nature of Bautista's game and what looks like the beginnings of ongoing nagging injuries this might be the best time to trade Bautista for the best available pitching you can get. I actually think the ceiling may be higher for EE in terms of OVERALL productivity to be honest with you.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #52
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Brunt, Davidi, Hayhurst etc et al have expressed this opinion at one time or another in the last couple of months. It isn't a front burner point of discussion but it's one that's been bandied about here and there.

Personally, with the boom or bust nature of Bautista's game and what looks like the beginnings of ongoing nagging injuries this might be the best time to trade Bautista for the best available pitching you can get. I actually think the ceiling may be higher for EE in terms of OVERALL productivity to be honest with you.
Only Davidi is really a reliable source out of those guys. It's probably just speculation.

I'm certainly not opposed to trading Bautista. It's just finding a package that's of equal value for him will prove difficult.
Old 11-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #53
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
I would be higher on EE than Bautista if I were you, but Holland or Profar is going to have to be in a deal for Bautista. Kinsler is an interesting name but his contract and decline are scary.
So are you saying a straight up Bautista or Encarnacion for Holland and Profar? See, that's a very tempting trade that I might try to nudge down but wouldn't be upset with. The Rangers though are extremely high on Profar and I am doubting that they are going to move him unless a team is willing to overpay. Kinsler and to an extent Andrus are more likely to move than Profar as Kinsler could make an adjustment to first.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #54
AC
Win the East

AC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
So are you saying a straight up Bautista or Encarnacion for Holland and Profar? See, that's a very tempting trade that I might try to nudge down but wouldn't be upset with. The Rangers though are extremely high on Profar and I am doubting that they are going to move him unless a team is willing to overpay. Kinsler and to an extent Andrus are more likely to move than Profar as Kinsler could make an adjustment to first.
I'm going to be completely honest and tell you that I think Bautista or Encarnacion for Holland AND Profar would be an absolutely amazing trade for us and would really help our franchise now and in the future. Bautista and EE are excellent but Holland is ridiculously valuable and Profar is Profar. I would need ONE of them if I were GM. Both? That would make me a happy camper. But hey, i you're consider it..

Although a Holland-Kinsler for Bautista deal might be realistic.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:17 AM   #55
MVP

Travis40's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
I'm going to be completely honest and tell you that I think Bautista or Encarnacion for Holland AND Profar would be an absolutely amazing trade for us and would really help our franchise now and in the future. Bautista and EE are excellent but Holland is ridiculously valuable and Profar is Profar. I would need ONE of them if I were GM. Both? That would make me a happy camper. But hey, i you're consider it..

Although a Holland-Kinsler for Bautista deal might be realistic.
I'd do Holland/Kinsler for Bautista in a heartbeat.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #56
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis40
I'd do Holland/Kinsler for Bautista in a heartbeat.
See, that would be my original offer. The thing is with the exception of Game Four of the 2011 World Series, Holland hasn't been anything amazing. If we were to post for Tanaka (which I think we will contrary to the team trying to deny it) and get him, we would have Darvish, Harrison, Tanaka, and Lewis and could re-sign Garza or bring back Ogando or Feliz to the starting rotation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »