Home

2018-2019 Hot Stove Thread

This is a discussion on 2018-2019 Hot Stove Thread within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2018, 12:20 PM   #49
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: 2018-2019 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Does it even matter where players are slotted if Dave Roberts is just gonna change **** all game every game?
Old 10-29-2018, 12:35 PM   #50
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
The Dodgers being linked to Harper is no surprise due to the proximity to Las Vegas. Problem is we would have to figure out our OF situation before we sign a guy like that. Would we trade Puig or keep him if we signed Harper? Would be a nice OF with Puig, Bellinger, and Harper.

Do we keep Beillinger at 1B and move Puig to CF so Harper can play RF? a lot of roster shuffling would have to happen if we signed Harper no doubt. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in LA, but highly doubt LA pays the asking price. They let Greinke walk to the highest bidder and wouldn't be a shock if Clayton opts out and they let him walk as well.
You really think that will happen?

If he does, I can only imagine the $ he's gonna get.
Old 10-29-2018, 12:41 PM   #51
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10
re: 2018-2019 Hot Stove Thread

Dude hasn't hit 200 IP since 2015. I know he's the best pitcher of his generation but with these front offices staunchly refusing to pay for past performance, I don't know how much you can give him. I've spent too much time looking at him like Sandy, now it feels like whoever gets him next is getting Sandy after he blew his arm out.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2018, 01:35 PM   #52
MVP

Rocket32's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardYankee26
Dude hasn't hit 200 IP since 2015. I know he's the best pitcher of his generation but with these front offices staunchly refusing to pay for past performance, I don't know how much you can give him. I've spent too much time looking at him like Sandy, now it feels like whoever gets him next is getting Sandy after he blew his arm out.
I think Kershaw stays in LA if he opts out or not. Yeah LA did let Greinke walk but Kershaw means a lot more to the Dodgers then Greinke ever did in my opinion. He’s the face of the franchise. I can also see Kershaw choosing to remain in LA unless another team comes in with a significantly better offer then the Dodgers which I’m not sure would happen considering he’s starting to get up their in age and as you said, a team would likely be paying for past performance and teams have been refusing to do that lately. Never mind his well documented struggles and inconsistency in October and if anything he continues to make that narrative stronger.

I’d like for him to opt out just to see what happens with his market and what kind of deal he’s able to get. Would certainly be a flashy signing for another team and likely put them in contention for winner/champion of the offseason assuming one team doesn’t officially end that completely by landing both Machado and Harper but I’d definitely be wary going after Kershaw depending on how much it takes to get him.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:47 PM   #53
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
I think Kershaw stays in LA if he opts out or not. Yeah LA did let Greinke walk but Kershaw means a lot more to the Dodgers then Greinke ever did in my opinion. He’s the face of the franchise. I can also see Kershaw choosing to remain in LA unless another team comes in with a significantly better offer then the Dodgers which I’m not sure would happen considering he’s starting to get up their in age and as you said, a team would likely be paying for past performance and teams have been refusing to do that lately. Never mind his well documented struggles and inconsistency in October and if anything he continues to make that narrative stronger.

I’d like for him to opt out just to see what happens with his market and what kind of deal he’s able to get. Would certainly be a flashy signing for another team and likely put them in contention for winner/champion of the offseason assuming one team doesn’t officially end that completely by landing both Machado and Harper but I’d definitely be wary going after Kershaw depending on how much it takes to get him.
Kershaw only opts out to get leverage for an extra year on his contract with the Dodgers. If a team is willing to pay him more he'll probably leave. He took it a bit personal when Ryu got the game 1 start in LCS so lets see if that plays a factor. If Houston or Texas is willing to pay him I bet he leaves.

This team is already starting to move on in a sense. Buehler looks like that future number one as does Urias. We still have 3 more top pitchers coming through the ranks. At some point we have to move away from relying on Kershaw. I like the guy and he is the face of the franchise, but for how long?
Old 10-29-2018, 01:49 PM   #54
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I'd probably lean towards Bellinger at 1B, Puig in CF when Pederson is in LF but Puig in LF when Taylor plays and let him man CF. Move Muncy to 2B, Seager comes back at SS and let Machado walk with Turner at 3B of course.
Highly doubt Muncy plays 2B on a regular basis. I can see a scenario where Muncy is at 1B and Bellinger is in CF full time. We then go find a 2B or plug some sort of options of Taylor and Hernandez in there.

We need bullpen help and catcher as well.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 10-29-2018 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #55
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36

He's got 2 years 65 left? I'd give Kershaw 4 years 120 million heavily frontloaded.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2018, 04:03 PM   #56
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

SNY reporting Hal and the FO "weren't impressed by Machado's antics" whatever that means, and aren't interested in Bryce as the outfield is full. Smoke screen? Maybe. Excuse for Hal to keep cashing his checks and not have to spend anything? Probably.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »