Home

2021 Offseason Thread

This is a discussion on 2021 Offseason Thread within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2021, 04:36 PM   #401
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2021 Offseason Thread

Lakers also rumored to be in the Sexton mix.. They are basically the only team where it makes some sense for them to take back Love to facilitate the trade.. Problem is if Trez or Schroder, maybe even Caruso/THT aren't down for a S&T then a deal isn't possible. If Cleveland wants off the Love contract bad enough to move Sexton I can't imagine they'd want to pay Schroder the money he's wanting either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2021, 05:07 PM   #402
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

$170m for Sexton is not something I want to see the Knicks do, forget about what it'd cost to acquire him. He's a 6'1 SG. He's not the answer to our eternal problems at the point. There are reasons A) CLE doesn't want to extend him B) there aren't suitors around the league knocking down CLE's door with offers. I'd rather sign Lonzo in free agency but I guess we could theoretically do both.

Sexton/Barrett/Randle. Not exactly a great fit together. Not exactly ideal secondary guys to put around a top-flight star.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-13-2021, 05:31 PM   #403
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

He’s restricted so they don’t have to offer him that. They could test the fit for the year before we have to pay him, Randle, potentially Mitch, and if it doesn’t work out, sign and trade him next year or just let him walk. If it doesn’t pan out, and we’ve lost Knox, Obi, and a mid first rounder because of it…whatever. Paying Randle is the day of reckoning, we need to see what we have in the meantime. Collin’s salary is low this season so we should still have some room to sign someone next off-season if we think this is the way. If not, could still get out relatively unscathed if we play it all right. Feels win win to me.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 07-13-2021, 07:12 PM   #404
My Momma's Son

bigeastbumrush's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
$170m for Sexton is not something I want to see the Knicks do, forget about what it'd cost to acquire him. He's a 6'1 SG. He's not the answer to our eternal problems at the point. There are reasons A) CLE doesn't want to extend him B) there aren't suitors around the league knocking down CLE's door with offers. I'd rather sign Lonzo in free agency but I guess we could theoretically do both.

Sexton/Barrett/Randle. Not exactly a great fit together. Not exactly ideal secondary guys to put around a top-flight star.
I'd ask myself if Sexton would give us more next season than Toppin, Knox and a mid-round pick. That's a clear yes.
Old 07-13-2021, 08:53 PM   #405
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I'd ask myself if Sexton would give us more next season than Toppin, Knox and a mid-round pick. That's a clear yes.
I don't believe that offer would get it done.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2021, 08:57 PM   #406
Hall Of Fame

cima's Arena

OVR: 5

Kawhi apparently had surgery to repair a "partially torn ACL"

How long do you think Kawhi has known about this versus the Clippers knowing about it? Lol it's so weird that this is coming out now.
Old 07-13-2021, 09:25 PM   #407
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
Kawhi apparently had surgery to repair a "partially torn ACL"

How long do you think Kawhi has known about this versus the Clippers knowing about it? Lol it's so weird that this is coming out now.
That while situation was weird with him being in box seats during the game. Never made sense to me.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:14 PM   #408
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

If a title wasn't going to be won, the Lakers had the best of several potential bad outcomes, out in the first round with more time for rest and healing from relatively minor injuries to the stars.

If I was the GM I would have been canned by the owner for not wanting to pay KD after his injury, it would have been well deserved as we saw, but I still feel the same way about paying Kawhi a Super Max deal if he opts out.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »