Home

Steve Foley shot and is in surgery.....

This is a discussion on Steve Foley shot and is in surgery..... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Steve Foley shot and is in surgery.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayaHataSupreme
Steve Foley was unarmed during this incident, according to this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2575196
Wow! This is going to get ugly. My bet is that the officer will lose his badge and the city will pay huge amount of money to settle this case.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #50
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
With 99.9% of cops being bad guys, it's really amazing that the world isn't more jacked up than it seems.

How ironic would it be if an off duty cop decided to let a drunk driver continue on his way and then 5 minutes later the drunk plowed into you car and wiped out you family?

Well, at least the cop made it home safe and sound.
You should be ashamed of yourself.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:08 PM   #51
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elprez98
Not to say I agree with dude, but on the flipside though Pratt, a good majority of cops misuse their power, which is why there is an overwhelming sense of distrust towards them. I've been pulled over by both a#@#$% being A#$@#$ and good cops just doing there job. I'll agree, its unfair to good cops who do their job but that's the breaks.
A majority of cops DO NOT misuse their "power". You guys watch too many movies, stop generalizing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2006, 01:11 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
A majority of cops DO NOT misuse their "power". You guys watch too many movies, stop generalizing.
It is all depend where you grew up. I seen many dirty cops growing up in N. Hartford but I know more good cops than bad cops.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #53
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
It is all depend where you grew up. I seen many dirty cops growing up in N. Hartford but I know more good cops than bad cops.
I disagree. The NYPD has what 40,000 officers? A majority is 20,001 and I doubt seriously if over half the cops are crooked there, or anywhere else in this nation.

These are people that put there lives on the line....DAILY, and are willing to sacrifice their lives to keep you and I safe. That alone commands some respect and when people resort to absolute generalizations (or lies) and make wild claims about dirty cops, it kinda pisses me off.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:24 PM   #54
Banned

Quote:
I disagree. The NYPD has what 40,000 officers? A majority is 20,001 and I doubt seriously if over half the cops are crooked there, or anywhere else in this nation.

These are people that put there lives on the line....DAILY, and are willing to sacrifice their lives to keep you and I safe. That alone commands some respect and when people resort to absolute generalizations (or lies) and make wild claims about dirty cops, it kinda pisses me off.
Please read my post again. I didn't say anything about majority but it only take a few bad cops to destroy a department. I was very close to joining the NY housing authority police and I respect law enforcement officers but this case with Foley sound like a big mess up.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:46 PM   #55
MVP

fantasysportsguy's Arena

I know that grunt, but there was someone else in here that did claim that the majority were bad. When I said, "I disagree" it was in response to your "It depends on where you grew up" comment. I just don't think that is an acceptable cop out (no pun intended) nowadays.

I didn't format my post well, something I have a bad habit of doing when I am in a hurry. Apologies if you thought I was ripping you, I wasn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #56
Banned

Quote:
I know that grunt, but there was someone else in here that did claim that the majority were bad. When I said, "I disagree" it was in response to your "It depends on where you grew up" comment. I just don't think that is an acceptable cop out (no pun intended) nowadays.

I didn't format my post well, something I have a bad habit of doing when I am in a hurry. Apologies if you thought I was ripping you, I wasn't.
It's cool. Just hope Foley recover and the officer doesn't loss his career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »