Home

Dieselboy's Week 15 Wrap-up

This is a discussion on Dieselboy's Week 15 Wrap-up within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2006, 03:51 PM   #17
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Dieselboy's Week 15 Wrap-up

It's not really rocket science. there are 6-8 teams in the NFC that are still in the playoff hunt. The options for 2nd seed in the NFC are both 9-5. Please explain how the AFC isn't superior?

Any good team can beat any team in any sports on a given day. How does that relate to what is blatently obvious right now before the playoffs have even started?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:51 PM   #18
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Well they were right, the AL was way better than the NL, and the West was way better than the East. Doesn't mean a team from the other conference can't win the championship, the top to bottom the AFC is light years ahead of the NFC.
Exactly.

Just because the Cardinals won the World Series doesn't change the fact that from April to September, the AL was head and shoulders above the NL.

It's no different in the NFL this year. The AFC is playing 1000x better football right now. That doesn't mean the NFC has no shot at winning a Super Bowl, but from September through December, the AFC has been lightyears ahead.
What I'm Currently Listening To
Old 12-19-2006, 03:52 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Because the AFC has better teams than the NFC.
Ok if you think so.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:53 PM   #20
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

Cowboys 3-1 vs the AFC.

And I agree the AFC is way better, but I think a couple teams from the NFC can beat anyone from the AFC.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:30 PM   #21
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
Cowboys 3-1 vs the AFC.

And I agree the AFC is way better, but I think a couple teams from the NFC can beat anyone from the AFC.
This is what I don't get... it's like some people just don't think straight or something. The Bears may be the best team in the NFL but that doesn't make the NFC a better conference than the AFC. There may be 3 or 4 NFC teams that could beat any AFC team on the right day but that doesn't make the conference as a whole better or even on par. Is this really that complicated to understand?

Not asking you, of course, CJ, just don't see why there's even a discussion about it. All "experts" think it, the intangibles say it and the stats say it so I'd love to hear reason for it to not be true... other than you're a bears/saints/boys fan who thinks saying the NFC is weaker is a shot at your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2006, 04:40 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I gotta agree. The Pats have been as inconsistent as all the other teams named in that range.

Great write up as usual. Don't be so sure that if the Ravens end up playing the Bolts again, it'll be in SD. SD loses a game and Ravens win out, BAL has the tie breaker.
Unfortunately SD would need to lose their last two or the Colts would need to lose 1 in order for us to get that bye. That's why I was pulling for cincy last night. Yeah we beat the chargers head to head but if all three teams end with the same record, SD and Indy would have a better record against common opponents which would then nullify our win over SD earlier this year. We would need to win out and the Colts and Bolts would need to both lose 1 in order for us to hold a tie breaker over the Bolts. If we lose this week and the Bolts win then they get homefield throughout I believe. The best we can hope for is to win and and hope the Colts lose one of their last two. I am doubtful it will be against Houston so the Dolphins are the only hope.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:46 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Sean Salisbury says that the top team in the NFC couldn't beat any of the top 6 in the AFC, so I know it's a fact.

Old 12-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #24
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

AFC Division Leaders
Colts, Pats, Chargers, Ravens
their record against NFC teams?
12-2

NFC Division Leaders
Dallas
Chicago
New Orleans
Seattle
their record against NFC teams?
8-7

Only a fan of a NFC team would argue that the NFC stacks up against the AFC top to bottom.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »