Home

Dieselboy's Week 15 Wrap-up

This is a discussion on Dieselboy's Week 15 Wrap-up within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2006, 05:43 PM   #33
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Dieselboy's Week 15 Wrap-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Sean Salisbury says that the top team in the NFC couldn't beat any of the top 6 in the AFC, so I know it's a fact.
Hahaha. Didn't this year's World Series teach us anything?
Old 12-19-2006, 10:17 PM   #34
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diadem
Ok if you think so.
The AFC is 38-22 so far this season against the NFC. They are better than them plain and simple.

Does it mean an NFC team won't win the Superbowl? Not at all. But no one can argue that the AFC hasn't dominated the NFC this year.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy
2. The Seahawks are an absolute joke. I’d rather have us miss the playoffs to give us a big wake-up call instead of backing into the playoffs and losing very early. I have very little doubt in my mind that the Seahawks will get in, by either a SF loss or by Seattle beating the Buccaneers in week 17, and I know the NFC is really weak throughout, and the playoffs are wide open....but this team just might lose the first round to the wildcard team. No way do we beat a Philadelphia.
Seattle is looking at a must-win on some accounts.

If they drop the next two games against San Diego and at Tampa Bay, which is very possible, and SF wins out, SF wins the NFC West.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2006, 04:23 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 13

I'd say a 38-22 record against the NFC makes the AFC a better conference. There's still no doubt in my mind that the elite of the NFC can hang with the elite of the AFC though.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Old 12-21-2006, 11:37 AM   #37
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Unfortunately SD would need to lose their last two or the Colts would need to lose 1 in order for us to get that bye. That's why I was pulling for cincy last night. Yeah we beat the chargers head to head but if all three teams end with the same record, SD and Indy would have a better record against common opponents which would then nullify our win over SD earlier this year. We would need to win out and the Colts and Bolts would need to both lose 1 in order for us to hold a tie breaker over the Bolts. If we lose this week and the Bolts win then they get homefield throughout I believe. The best we can hope for is to win and and hope the Colts lose one of their last two. I am doubtful it will be against Houston so the Dolphins are the only hope.
Two games left, if SD drops one they have the tiebreaker over the Ravens? I thought head to head was the first tie breaker. I'm hoping more for the Colts to drop one anyway b/c I think SD wins out even if they sit a few people.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #38
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop_Brady
I'd say a 38-22 record against the NFC makes the AFC a better conference. There's still no doubt in my mind that the elite of the NFC can hang with the elite of the AFC though.
Can hang with... agreed. They still deserve to be ranked below them (besides Chicago and their 12-2 record).

Dallas is 3-1 against the AFC. Only playoff level teams they played were Indy and Jax... 1-1

Chicago is 2-2 vs AFC. Beat BUF and NYJ, lost to MIA and NE

Saints are 1-3 vs AFC. Beat CLE, lost to BAL, PIT and CIN

Not to mention it's not a stretch to say teams with 5 losses or more aren't as good as teams with 3 loses or less. Like I said, any team CAN win but only Chicago deserves to be ranked among the top of the AFC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »