Home

As a Giants fan(How would you view this season after the Bowl)

This is a discussion on As a Giants fan(How would you view this season after the Bowl) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2008, 11:59 AM   #9
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: As a Giants fan(How would you view this season after the Bowl)

I'm by far no Giants fan but i'm going to go out on a limb a bit and say that Eli truly came of age and that fact alone makes this a great season for the team. No matter if they win or lose on the 3rd, 2008 will be a breakout season and I honestly see them winning the NFC East.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I'm by far no Giants fan but i'm going to go out on a limb a bit and say that Eli truly came of age and that fact alone makes this a great season for the team. No matter if they win or lose on the 3rd, 2008 will be a breakout season and I honestly see them winning the NFC East.

Eli playing well in the playoffs does not mean we are going to the playoffs next year...

Drew Brees almost won mvp last year and the saints had the feel good story and were picked by many to be in the superbowl this year

What happened to them?

Look at the Bears...

In the last 15 years... How many losing teams in the superbowl have made the playoffs the next year

I think I only remember the Seahawks last year and the only reason they made the playoffs was because they played in a pathetic division....but they were no where near as good as the super bowl year

The Eagles, Cowboys, Skins are all good solid teams... The Giants dont have the Seahawks luxury

If the ring is there for the taking you gotta get it or the team that we have now may never get there again..
Old 01-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyPapi1977
How many times do you think Eli and the Giants will get a crack at the ring in the super bowl in the next 10 years...
With the NFC in it's current state? You'll probably get a few cracks. The problem will be winning it with the teams over in the AFC being as good as they are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2008, 12:10 PM   #12
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

The difference between Eli playing well and Eli playing like this is night and day. Even when Eli played well in the past he was prone to mistakes. He's been playing mistake free football and has shown he can handle the pressure well. I watched some of his press conference yesterday and he said all the right things and seemed so comfortable in his skin to such a point that I haven't seen before.

As a Giants fan you're being very pessimistic. I'm not saying it's going to be easy but I really think the Giants are going to progress a lot next season. Dallas is going to implode. I can see the signs of it staring me in the face. Washington is solid but it all depends on the coach they hire.

C'mon man, have a little faith in your team.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 01-22-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
The difference between Eli playing well and Eli playing like this is night and day. Even when Eli played well in the past he was prone to mistakes. He's been playing mistake free football and has shown he can handle the pressure well. I watched some of his press conference yesterday and he said all the right things and seemed so comfortable in his skin to such a point that I haven't seen before.

As a Giants fan you're being very pessimistic. I'm not saying it's going to be easy but I really think the Giants are going to progress a lot next season. Dallas is going to implode. I can see the signs of it staring me in the face. Washington is solid but it all depends on the coach they hire.

C'mon man, have a little faith in your team.

Is not about having faith... Is what I call reality in the world of NFL football... You cant say the Cowboys will self destruct.... I dont know how you can come to that conclusion

And Eli Manning has nothing to do with how I feel... Dan Marino was a legend and never went back to the bowl after his first crack

Is a team game... Injuries happen and things can turn sour in a minute...

I am saying that the time is now... If the ring is within your reach you have to go for it and if you dont then it will be a very dissapointing end to a season that had good stuff... but that good stuff will fade becase we got nothing to show for it

I just told you that the loser of the Super Bowl does not make the playoffs the following year with the exception of the seahawks last year because they played in a jv division....

Look it up
Old 01-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

This season is the greatest season the GIANTS have had in the last 15 years. The players have rallied around each other like no other GIANT TEAM I've seen again in the last 15 years. Every time they were faced with some type of adversity, they responded like a team.

For me this season has far exceeded what I though the GIANTS would do this year. (I saw 8-8/9-7 & not making the playoffs) & for this team to be 1 game away from being World Champs is surreal for me..

I just hope that no matter what the outcome of the SB, Giants Front Office offers 3 year extensions to Coughlin, Gilbride & Spags & Reese because they deserve it..

Last edited by bigfnjoe96; 01-22-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

This is season has been Great, I've loved every second of it.. I never thought we'd make it this far.. I had the Giants making the playoffs but the Rams making the Uperbowl.. If we don't win of course i'd be upset but I wouldn't be let down they've exceeded my expectations big time..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2008, 12:57 PM   #16
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

So basically, you're saying anything but the SuperBowl is a disappointment. Sorry, but everyone isn't going to live in that world. I agree about how hard it is to get there, and I don't think the division is as bad as some think. The Redskins have nice pieces, and are just two steps away from a great season if they make the right moves. The Cowboys had a great season, and their only danger is can they get good enough before TO starts to decline? The Eagles...alright, they look done for now, but point is there are no guarantees, and I get that.

All the same, disappointment is only relative to an expected outcome. By that definition, it's hard to find that Giants fans would be disappointed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »