Home

As a Giants fan(How would you view this season after the Bowl)

This is a discussion on As a Giants fan(How would you view this season after the Bowl) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2008, 03:30 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: As a Giants fan(How would you view this season after the Bowl)

I think the stigma that comes with nay NY team/fan is that your team better make it to the playoffs... AT LEAST...

Yankees, Mets, Rangers, Islanders, Giants and (maybe the Knicks and Jets...in 10 years)

I think most of their fans expect playoffs and/or championships yearly...

I view this season as a success in terms of where I had them in week 5-6
Old 01-22-2008, 03:32 PM   #34
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
The only concerns are Toomer and Strahan. Strahan might have 2 more years in him but we have that spot covered when he does bounce so we're good there. Toomer I'm worried about because he is the wily old vet that I think every team needs. When he bounces , although we have some good young stuff, I don't think we have anything that is a combination of what he is now. He still has a step and he's crafty. His craftiness WELL makes up for any youth he may have lost and it's not like he's playing with a cane out there either.
I think Steve Smith is going to be a pretty good replacement for Toomer. He's already proven that he can make the tough catches and Eli already seems to have confidence in him especially on 3rd down. These are both rare for a rookie WR who missed as much time as he did.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:42 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 18

I agree with the original poster. Football is a whole different animal than baseball or basketball. Whenever you get there (the SB) you absolutely have to sieze the moment. I can foresee a dallas team that can beat the giants for nfc east supremacy next year. Can the G-men depend on T.O. being hurt again, or Terry Glenn being out, next year, or Washington or Philly not rising out of the ashes and becoming threats? And if they get beat out of the top spot in the nfc next year, that is another wilcard run. On top of that, who is to say the injury bug won't hit the G-men? Too much can happen in football throughout a season to be able to count on anything but the here and now.

I say if the Giants lose in the SB, this season will still be a resounding success, but there is no gurantee that it will carry over into next year or the next 5-10 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2008, 03:44 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I think Steve Smith is going to be a pretty good replacement for Toomer. He's already proven that he can make the tough catches and Eli already seems to have confidence in him especially on 3rd down. These are both rare for a rookie WR who missed as much time as he did.
Yeah, in time. But right now he doesn't have that craftiness. Remember this is the same guy who earlier would catch a pass and then go back 100 yards trying to make some moves instead of just turning it up field and get what he could. But in time I believe he'll definitely be a good Toomer replacement. Hopefully Toomer has a few more years in him so that Smith can develop some more and learn from Toomer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
WORD....
LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Can the G-men depend on T.O. being hurt again, or Terry Glenn being out
Both those guys played in the playoffs.

Last edited by totalownership; 01-22-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 18

Yeah, but one was hurt (T.O. who by the way absolutely killed us in the two prior meetings) and Glenn had'nt played an entire game the whole season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »