Home

Eagles after Larry Fitzgerald

This is a discussion on Eagles after Larry Fitzgerald within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2008, 02:26 AM   #1
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34
Eagles after Larry Fitzgerald

http://gcobb.com/content/view/1133/1/

Quote:
Written by Micah Warren
Tuesday, 04 March 2008

A source close to the situation gave me an update on the Larry Fitzgerald situation. According to my source, the Cardinals really want to keep him. Their hope is that they can eventually restructure his deal and keep him in maroon. If Randy Moss was holding up a new Fitzgerald deal, then Moss’ new deal with the Patriots should expedite the situation in Arizona. If Fitzgerald was waiting to see what Moss got, then we should expect a deal to be done soon if it’s achievable. At this point, the longer he goes without restructuring, the less it looks like it will happen. Fitzgerald has said publicly that he wants to stay in Arizona, but he’s a good character guy and I wouldn’t expect him to say anything else.

My source also told me that the Eagles are at the top of the trade list should the Cardinals be forced to deal him. The fact that the Eagles can offer up a high-end corner is a huge plus for a team that could use a boost in that area. Most teams don’t even have a high-end corner, let alone have one to offer in a trade.

There were reports over the weekend that the Cardinals asking price is absurd. While I don’t know what their asking price is, my source did tell me that the Eagles offered Sheppard and a 2nd-round pick and the Cardinals said no.

Expect the Cardinals’ asking price to dip a bit as they get closer to having to actually pay Fitzgerald his insane contract money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 03:07 AM   #2
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Eagles after Larry Fitzgerald

I heard they're after Roy Williams too.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:54 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 32

Nice to see the the e-gals are going after talented wrs.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:16 AM   #4
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

The problem is the fans won't be majorly disappointed if they hear about them going after high end WR's and they come up with just a consolation prize. If Kevin Curtis can get up over 1000 yards with Philly, I want to see a guy like Fitzgerald in the green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 03-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 32

The Eagles were the best team in the NFC during the last quarter of the season. If they can keep McNabb in one piece and get him a stud wr then a Super Bowl run is very realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Make it happen. Given our drafting history under Reid, I'd offer Lito and a 1st in a heartbeat. Larry is a Top 5 WR in the NFL, and he's only what, 24?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:08 AM   #7
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Please don't do it AZ!
Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-04-2008, 09:54 AM   #8
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35

I'd move Lito and a first in a heartbeat. Arizona really has no leverage in this situation since there's absolutely no reason for Fitz to renegotiate his deal with them. He's guaranteed $32M the next two seasons and then he can hit the FA market as a stud WR at age 26. Plus, if he's actually committed to staying in Arizona, there's no way this would have gone on this long.

Like Sully said, aside from Shawn Andrews, our recent drafting history in the first three rounds of the draft straight up stinks. So I'm not sure why we're holding onto our first rounder like it's made of gold, but I'd definitely move it for a WR of Fitzgerald's caliber. I also think Reid, who usually plays his FA dealings very close to the vest, let it slip that he had dealings with Moss so that Arizona knows its best trading partner will go in another direction if they aren't reasonable with their demands. After all, it's not like everyone is offering the Cards a relatively young Pro Bowl CB.

Now I'd expect Reid to make it known that he's talking to Detroit, to put even more pressure on Arizona to deal with us.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »