Home

Most Overrated Players

This is a discussion on Most Overrated Players within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2008, 01:20 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Most Overrated Players

This thread is funny...

Raider fan: "I think Champ Bailey is overrated!"

Bronco fan responds: "Are you serious? Do you watch football, or are you just hating on the Broncos? You know who IS overrated though? Brodie Croyle!"

Chiefs fan responds: "How is Brodie Croyle overrated? He could retire right now and be a first ballot hall of famer. Best QB in Chiefs history."

It seems like it's impossible to put aside team affiliations and make a realistic list.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2008, 04:08 AM   #66
MVP

SpacemanSpiff's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
AGAIN...STILL must not have watched any Packer games before because our scheme REQUIRES Corners who excel in BUMP AND RUN coverage. Meaning that our CB's are ALWAYS gonna be in the WR's face. Can't help it if SOME officials got itchy trigger fingers and are quick to throw a flag if you sneeze on a Receiver but we're not gonna change our scheme because of it. Ask almost any receiver who's faced either Al or Charles and I guarantee it that if somebody asks them who's the most physical Corner they've gone against, you'll hear one of the two mentioned off the jump.

I also noticed in that article, that most of Corners they listed in there(Jammer,Harris,Woodson,McCallister)all excel and pretty much play Man coverage MOST of the game. I guess teams should stop playing Man on Man coverage then since they yield alot of penalties then.
FROM watching the Packers on TV I can tell you Al Harris gets away with more illegal contact than any corner in the league, mostly because that's the type of coverage scheme that the Packers utilize. Say all you want about your scheme but the NFL rules are different from the past, you can bump at the line of scrimmage but Harris is always tugging and bumping past the five yard cushion. Harris is the best in the league at knowing what he can usually get away with. For that reason, he's not overrated but he's also not a very likable corner because of how much more he gets away with. He's like the Bruce Bowen of cornerbacks.
NCAA: UNC
Old 04-24-2008, 04:54 AM   #67
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
AGAIN...STILL must not have watched any Packer games before because our scheme REQUIRES Corners who excel in BUMP AND RUN coverage. Meaning that our CB's are ALWAYS gonna be in the WR's face. Can't help it if SOME officials got itchy trigger fingers and are quick to throw a flag if you sneeze on a Receiver but we're not gonna change our scheme because of it. Ask almost any receiver who's faced either Al or Charles and I guarantee it that if somebody asks them who's the most physical Corner they've gone against, you'll hear one of the two mentioned off the jump.

I also noticed in that article, that most of Corners they listed in there(Jammer,Harris,Woodson,McCallister)all excel and pretty much play Man coverage MOST of the game. I guess teams should stop playing Man on Man coverage then since they yield alot of penalties then.
You're talking nonsense. I know Al's your dude and all, but I watched him when he became something with the Eagles and he was running nickel along side Troy Vincent and Bobby Taylor.

For all the good he brought because he is a good player, he equaled it with his stupidity, getting called for pass interference alot of times. Vincent and Taylor played the same way (well, more Vincent than Taylor), yet they were never called for PI as much as Harris.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:35 AM   #68
Pro

radiohead's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ladanian Tomlinson!

call me a ***** but you have to realize that they talking heads at espn and other media outlets were saying that this guy might be the greatest rb EVER! that's crazy talk. very good player, excellent inside the red zone. but imo the guy is overrated and i felt this way long before his questionable "performance" in the post season. i'll just leave it as that.

a lot of the players listed are not overrated. if you know football they were never that good to begin with.

dwight freeney is overrated
bob sanders
rodney harrison

truthfully, anybody on the colts defense that gets "hyped" is overrated. their defense sucks. yeah it's better than it was 3-4 years ago but that's not saying much.

a lot of the guys listed like reggie bush and d'angelo hall have already been exposed so i wouldn't really call them overrated.

Last edited by radiohead; 04-24-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:40 AM   #69
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
10 most penalized players, 2004-07

PlayerNumber
Robert Gallery46
Alex Barron43
Leonard Davis39
Chris McAlister39
Tarik Glenn37
Al Harris36
Flozell Adams35
Quentin Jammer33
Chester Pitts33
Jason Taylor33

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ike&id=3102510
I would have thought Flozell would be #1. Every Cowboys game I watch he stays getting false starts
Old 04-24-2008, 08:45 AM   #70
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Ladanian Tomlinson!

call me a ***** but you have to realize that they talking heads at espn and other media outlets were saying that this guy might be the greatest rb EVER! that's crazy talk. very good player, excellent inside the red zone. but imo the guy and i felt this way long before his questionable "performance" in the post season. i'll just leave it as that.
I really hope you're not talking about this year when he was injured but tried to play anyway.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 04-24-2008, 08:47 AM   #71
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I really hope you're not talking about this year when he was injured but tried to play anyway.
And he still had a monster year. Just wasn't up to his record breaking year prior.

His playoff performance, he was hurt.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Last edited by ExtremeGamer; 04-24-2008 at 08:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2008, 08:59 AM   #72
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Well he just retired, but I'd say Steve McNair is easily the most overrated player in the last 10 years. Behind Romo

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »