Home

Jags WR Matt Jones arrested on cocaine charges

This is a discussion on Jags WR Matt Jones arrested on cocaine charges within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: Jags WR Matt Jones arrested on cocaine charges

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
The things you are passing off as facts are easily refuted, and I think you know that. There are millions of people of wealth that DON't succumb to "temptations" such as drugs, and never will. Athlete or not, I don't believe that wealth increases your likelyhood of being a drug abuser. If anything, the inverse is true, as you can see by so many of our inner cities, where poverty and social ills do contribute to the drug problem.
LOL, you must not hang around people with real money, of the people who I know who never have to worry about money, more of them do drugs than don't. Even if it's once a month, they still do it. It's funny that people still buy the BS line of money = happiness, and closes doors on fun and temptations.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
I wouldn't.

I guess I'm just kidding myself. Or maybe I can think of plenty of other things I'd rather spend the money on. But hey, if YOU want to get high as hell, drunk as hell, and have fun with Swedish models, more power to you.
The thing is you can't even imagine the type of money that guys like him have, so there's no comparison, you don't think he bought all the material possesions he wanted and did whatever he wanted in his free time ontop of the drugs, if so you're kidding yourself. If you're poor and like drugs you'll find ways to get them and if you're rich it's even easier, cause you don't have to worry about buying some drugs or paying the bills, it's far easier.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #51
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
P.S. How is dude able to have an avatar with a chick with her *** all out for everyone to see?
I was wondering too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2008, 09:32 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWurks6
you don't think he bought all the material possesions he wanted and did whatever he wanted in his free time ontop of the drugs
Where did I say that? I was talking about myself, hence the "I" in my post.

No idea how accurate what I found is, but from what I can tell, at most, including performance bonuses, he'd make an average of $2.2 million a year over the 5 years of his contract.

Take out the 35% for taxes, your looking at about $1.4 million. Doing what I want to do, I could go through that in a matter of 6 months each and every year, and that doesn't even include the money I'd have to spend just to live daily life, or the money I'd spend buying the things I want.

Quote:
If you're poor and like drugs you'll find ways to get them and if you're rich it's even easier, cause you don't have to worry about buying some drugs or paying the bills, it's far easier.
Trust me, I realize how easy it is to get drugs, and I also realize how many people use them. All I said is I personally wouldn't go out, and get drunk and high all the time like was said. As I mentioned above, there are plenty of other things I'd rather spend the money on, and even only doing one of them, I'd go through it extremely quickly.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #53
Banned

But you can't say that, you can't see the future. You can't put yourself in a millionaires shoes and say you wouldn't do this or that, because until you have that level of money you don't know what you'd do. You may have ideas, but those can get left behind in the instant of a sniff. Never say NEVER, my friend.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
But you can't say that, you can't see the future
So I can't say what I would do, but someone else can?

Quote:
You can't put yourself in a millionaires shoes and say you wouldn't do this or that, because until you have that level of money you don't know what you'd do.
You're right I can't, and others can't put themselves in my shoes. Yet, like I mentioned above, others can say what I would do, but I can't? That kind of logic wouldn't even make sense to a 5 year old.

So on one hand, I'm being told I can't say for sure what I would do, but on the other, I'm being told what I would do. Hmm...something seems wrong there.

Quote:
Never say NEVER, my friend
NEVER......oops.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:08 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
So I can't say what I would do, but someone else can?

You're right I can't, and others can't put themselves in my shoes. Yet, like I mentioned above, others can say what I would do, but I can't? That kind of logic wouldn't even make sense to a 5 year old.

So on one hand, I'm being told I can't say for sure what I would do, but on the other, I'm being told what I would do. Hmm...something seems wrong there.

NEVER......oops.
LOL, I haven't said you'd do it, but for someone to say never about anything is stupid. Sometimes you don't get to choose wether or not you do something, remember that.

Last edited by SkunkWurks6; 07-10-2008 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Better?????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2008, 10:11 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
6 grams of cocaine: $500
Dude, if 6 grams is running you five hundred, you need a new man. In Texas, $500 should get you the onion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »