Home

Everyone is still sleeping on the Champs. lol

This is a discussion on Everyone is still sleeping on the Champs. lol within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 02:48 PM   #57
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Everyone is still sleeping on the Champs. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vast
OK got it. U guys think they're an average team at best and theres nothing left to do but to wait and see.

IMO they're a great team, you guys must use the word great to describe only the greatest of all time. If thats the case replace "great" with "very good".
You're the only one that called them average... showing your true feelings? BTW, what you said was it's more important for a bunch of people you don't really know to think the Giants are great than for them to win the Superbowl this year. My response was "wow"... and there's absolutely nothing that will change that. I have never seen a fan of your caliber before. It's like you're such a homer that you went past the pinnacle and started back down again on the other side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
I never said anything about this year. I was simply responding that for any team to be able to beat that Patriots team in the super bowl makes them at least in the middle of the 42 winners.
logic doesn't work. is Buster Douglas great b/c he beat Mike Tyson when he was "unbeatable"? What about Hasim Rakman (sp?) after beating Lennox Lewis? Hell, are the Japanese womens softball team now great since they beat the USA? Just doesn't make sense to think like that.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #58
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You're the only one that called them average... showing your true feelings? BTW, what you said was it's more important for a bunch of people you don't really know to think the Giants are great than for them to win the Superbowl this year. My response was "wow"... and there's absolutely nothing that will change that. I have never seen a fan of your caliber before. It's like you're such a homer that you went past the pinnacle and started back down again on the other side.

logic doesn't work. is Buster Douglas great b/c he beat Mike Tyson when he was "unbeatable"? What about Hasim Rakman (sp?) after beating Lennox Lewis? Hell, are the Japanese womens softball team now great since they beat the USA? Just doesn't make sense to think like that.

2 Completly different things IMO. I just feel that in football more than any other sport one game means alot more. In both pro and college football one game means more than one game in baseball or basketball. Therefor I think that the giants beating the pats last year makes them as super bowl winners very good. I would say that for any team, if the raiders made it to the super bowl and beat the pats i would be saying the same thing.

"You play to win the game."
Old 08-22-2008, 03:06 PM   #59
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
2 Completly different things IMO. I just feel that in football more than any other sport one game means alot more. In both pro and college football one game means more than one game in baseball or basketball. Therefor I think that the giants beating the pats last year makes them as super bowl winners very good. I would say that for any team, if the raiders made it to the super bowl and beat the pats i would be saying the same thing.
With the Any Given Sunday nature of the NFL, and how close the talent levels and game results generally are in the league, I don't see how you could come to that conclusion, but that could just be me.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #60
MVP

ASB37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
With the Any Given Sunday nature of the NFL, and how close the talent levels and game results generally are in the league, I don't see how you could come to that conclusion, but that could just be me.
I just view it that, because the teams are so close in talent levels, that when a team can snap off 18 wins in a row, closeness in talent notwithstanding, any team who can do it is clearly above and beyond any other team in the league. So for any team to beat them in the grandest stage of all, is very impressive.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #61
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
I just view it that, because the teams are so close in talent levels, that when a team can snap off 18 wins in a row, closeness in talent notwithstanding, any team who can do it is clearly above and beyond any other team in the league. So for any team to beat them in the grandest stage of all, is very impressive.
Just out of curiosity, is this you?

I keed, I keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2008, 03:24 PM   #62
MVP

ASB37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Just out of curiosity, is this you?

I keed, I keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed...
Hahaha no it is not....i like to consider myself as not the average giants fan. You know the ones who don't criticize the team and the kind you all hate so much lol? I try to think i have slightly more objectivity and less homerism than them but hey what do i know?

Old 08-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #63
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I don't see how you can consider them different, honestly. The Superbowl is a very important game but it's still just one game. I'd give more weight to your argument if it were the World Series or NBA Finals (or Stanley Cup) b/c they are series. Yes, the Pats won 18 straight games and even if they didn't win ALL of their games they'd still be considered a great team, but if Baltimore didn't call a timeout they would've beaten them. Would that make Baltimore better than NE last year? The Giants deserve credit because they won the Superbowl... but that's it. That's a lot but they don't get any more credit because of who they beat. In the NFL just about any team can beat any other team on any day... especially any playoff team. They get credit for getting the job done but why does that erase their regular season where they barely made the playoffs? I don't think even the craziest Giants fans (not saying you're one of them) would say they were a better team than NE last year overall... if you're not going to say that, you can't give them partial credit for beating NE.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:39 PM   #64
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Remember the Patrick Ramsey is a Top 5 QB thread?
No you didn't just bring that up LMFAO!!!

Wowwww, good times!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »