Home

Are We Allowed To Ask For Brady Quinn Now?

This is a discussion on Are We Allowed To Ask For Brady Quinn Now? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:17 AM   #33
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Are We Allowed To Ask For Brady Quinn Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
And yet, Brady Quinn is going to overcome this. I get the point of the thread now.
No, I don't think anyone is saying that.

I do think we should find out if we have an NFL QB. So far, he doesn't look like an NFL QB. Just because everyone beyond DA isn't performing, doesn't mean part of that isn't his fault. He has no confidence, his throws are AWFUL!

Derek Anderson is bringing this upon himself, and I think the organization has a find out if they have a QB. This isn't just playmakers not performing...this has gone back to last year.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

I thought the guy was a reach at that pick, he never showed anything at the college level against good competition. He was great againt Stanford and the academies but what did he ever show when they played someone?
When they played someone, the receivers were blanketed, the protection was non-existent, and they had no defense. He didn't have the luxury of being surrounded by future first round draft picks who could out-athlete everybody on the field and make him look good. I look at what Cutler's doing after his college career and what guys like Russel and Leinart are doing after much better college careers and I think Quinn will do just fine in the NFL.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:03 AM   #35
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM
When they played someone, the receivers were blanketed, the protection was non-existent, and they had no defense. He didn't have the luxury of being surrounded by future first round draft picks who could out-athlete everybody on the field and make him look good. I look at what Cutler's doing after his college career and what guys like Russel and Leinart are doing after much better college careers and I think Quinn will do just fine in the NFL.
Yeah the he had no talent around him in college argument doesn't fly, because it's simply not true. ND had guys on NFL teams at every skill position when he was there.

Difference between Quinn and Cutler, is that despite being outmanned against the best talent in the country, Cutler unlike Quinn actually stood out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 11:16 AM   #36
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

I think it is fair for some calls for the backup. I'm not a fan of giving guys just a few games and then ditching them, but DA wasn't untouchable last year and he certainly isn't this year. The team had huge expectations this year, fair or not, and they are falling way short being winless so far with 2 divisional losses. At midseason, if they are still well out of it, then I think you got to move on and go with Brady Quinn for the next 10-15 years if he's supposed to be your franchise quarterback.

Personally, I think Cleveland continues to struggle. And I think Quinn will end up as the starter before this season is over. Which is disappointing to me, I really thought that Cleveland was on the verge this year of really taking the next step (it just so happened that everyone else was hyping them up as well). I'm glad one team has been living up to the hype (I guess they had some) and I'm glad I'm a fan of that team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:44 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yeah the he had no talent around him in college argument doesn't fly, because it's simply not true. ND had guys on NFL teams at every skill position when he was there.
Samardzija - Not in NFL.
McKnight - Not in NFL.
Walker - Not in NFL.
Stovall - 3rd round pick.
Fasano - 2nd round pick.

A TE and a possession receiver is not exactly guys at every skill position. It's not hard for a decent defense to shut that down. You want to compare that to the teams he didn't fare well against - USC, OSU, LSU? Really?

Quote:
Difference between Quinn and Cutler, is that despite being outmanned against the best talent in the country, Cutler unlike Quinn actually stood out.
Quinn didn't stand out? Why was he drafted in round 1?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:51 PM   #38
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

To be fair, Samardzija would be on a NFL roster had he not opted for MLB.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-22-2008, 02:52 PM   #39
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricM
Samardzija - Not in NFL.
McKnight - Not in NFL.
Walker - Not in NFL.
Stovall - 3rd round pick.
Fasano - 2nd round pick.

A TE and a possession receiver is not exactly guys at every skill position. It's not hard for a decent defense to shut that down. You want to compare that to the teams he didn't fare well against - USC, OSU, LSU? Really?
Samardzija would probably be playing in the NFL if he chose to go that route; as it stands he decided to play baseball and is a relief pitcher for the Chicago Cubs. Darius Walker was also in the NFL at some point.

Quote:
Quinn didn't stand out? Why was he drafted in round 1?
Hype, IMO. He was a relatively successful quarterback from the oh-so-great University of Notre Dame whose greatest collegiate achievement was, to be honest, losing to USC.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:02 PM   #40
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I agree with this post.

It's not time for Quinn, it's time to get a new head coach, but not time for Quinn, yet. He'll get this shot at some point this year, but I'm actually believing in Anderson more after these 3 games than I did before the season started.

Let's look at facts, fact 1, the Browns have played 3 of the best defenses in the league through the first 3 games. Fact 2, they have a ton of injuries, 2 OL guys hurt (one being all pro Eric Steinbach), our #2 and #3 WR's are out, our DB's are young and inexperienced, and our LB's are abysmal. Fact 3, Braylon Edwards has 8 drops this year, EIGHT! Even if you only give him 1 a game, that's still 5 more completions that DA has lost out on, two of which could have been TD's.

Yesterday, DA threw 3 INT's, 2 of which were not his fault. One was a tipped ball that should have been caught by Winslow that he let pop out. And the other was Braylon Edwards being lazy and letting Rolle get the jump on him. Neither were DA's fault, but I watched his actions when he got picked, no blaming anyone, went to the sidelines and studied. Some may see that as a "no care" attitude, I saw it as a "not going to place blame, let's do this thing right" attitude.

We're in deep trouble because of two things, flat out poor play and a brutal schedule. Romeo didn't prepare this team, he has done what Butch Davis did (although Romeo has a ton more talent) and that's let the inmates run the asylum. It's time to move on with coaching, and get an established coach here for once. I dump whatever amount of money Cowher wants into a pot to get him here. We need a coach who will rub "star" Braylon Edwards face in the **** he's producing on the field, not one that will coddle him. Another example is Romeo's flat out terrible evaluation of talent.

Three examples, one, Charlie Frye beating out DA last year, granted both looked like ****, but come on, I could play QB better than Frye. Two, Brandon McDonald was playing fantastic nickelback for us the final 7 games of the year, yet never saw a snap the first 9. Are you telling me he didn't do any of that in practice, and all of a sudden turned it on in games? And three, this year, Steve Sanders is cut from the team as Paul "I did nothing in presason but I was drafted" Hubbard went catch-less. Game one, Stallworth is deactivated, and Sanders is activated from the practice squad. Now, Hubbard (still on active roster) sits the entire game, while recently activated Steve Sanders is the #3 WR for us. See something wrong there?

This should have been our year, Jamal isn't getting younger, and the team was poised after last season, but 7 straight losses, something has to change.
Great post man. The most frustrating thing for me watching the Browns is the number of silly penalties they get in a game.

This team has a tremendous lack of focus and IMO that starts with the coach. This team is not mentally prepared to live up to their pre season expectations.

Not only that, the clock management at the end of the first half of the Pittsburgh game was abysmal and unacceptable.

I'm not buying into the Romeo Crennell system/idea.

Do you think Cowher would come back?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »