Home

Are We Allowed To Ask For Brady Quinn Now?

This is a discussion on Are We Allowed To Ask For Brady Quinn Now? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2008, 06:17 AM   #25
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: Are We Allowed To Ask For Brady Quinn Now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's not just Thomas it's the entire offensive line, it's been the skill players. I am not sure if they all aren't as good as they appeared last year, or if it's a coaching/scheme problem or a combination of the both.

Winslow and Edwards have been abysmal thus far, which sucks for me personally as I have them on my fantasy team . Thomas doesn't look anywhere near the player he was last year, and they really haven't been very good in protection. Edwards in particular has been awful. He's dropped more balls than he's caught. At one point, I thought it was rust for missing most of, if not all of training camp, but we're a month in to the season, and he's been a complete non-factor. At this point, I wonder if he's still hurt or has another injury as he simply does not look right.

If it's time to put Quinn in so be it, but realize if you do, you are starting over and and more than likely calling it quits on the season. Young QB's dont't generally fare well in this league. No matter how much talent you put around him. If they are having trouble protecting the QB you also run the risk of ruining him, as we've seen happen to so many young QB's who end up gunshy.

I thought the guy was a reach at that pick, he never showed anything at the college level against good competition. He was great againt Stanford and the academies but what did he ever show when they played someone?

If Cleveland believes they are out of contention for a playoff spot now, and the season is lost, and they have no fear of making him gunshy, then play him. If not, then stick with the guy who's played.
I agree with this post.

It's not time for Quinn, it's time to get a new head coach, but not time for Quinn, yet. He'll get this shot at some point this year, but I'm actually believing in Anderson more after these 3 games than I did before the season started.

Let's look at facts, fact 1, the Browns have played 3 of the best defenses in the league through the first 3 games. Fact 2, they have a ton of injuries, 2 OL guys hurt (one being all pro Eric Steinbach), our #2 and #3 WR's are out, our DB's are young and inexperienced, and our LB's are abysmal. Fact 3, Braylon Edwards has 8 drops this year, EIGHT! Even if you only give him 1 a game, that's still 5 more completions that DA has lost out on, two of which could have been TD's.

Yesterday, DA threw 3 INT's, 2 of which were not his fault. One was a tipped ball that should have been caught by Winslow that he let pop out. And the other was Braylon Edwards being lazy and letting Rolle get the jump on him. Neither were DA's fault, but I watched his actions when he got picked, no blaming anyone, went to the sidelines and studied. Some may see that as a "no care" attitude, I saw it as a "not going to place blame, let's do this thing right" attitude.

We're in deep trouble because of two things, flat out poor play and a brutal schedule. Romeo didn't prepare this team, he has done what Butch Davis did (although Romeo has a ton more talent) and that's let the inmates run the asylum. It's time to move on with coaching, and get an established coach here for once. I dump whatever amount of money Cowher wants into a pot to get him here. We need a coach who will rub "star" Braylon Edwards face in the **** he's producing on the field, not one that will coddle him. Another example is Romeo's flat out terrible evaluation of talent.

Three examples, one, Charlie Frye beating out DA last year, granted both looked like ****, but come on, I could play QB better than Frye. Two, Brandon McDonald was playing fantastic nickelback for us the final 7 games of the year, yet never saw a snap the first 9. Are you telling me he didn't do any of that in practice, and all of a sudden turned it on in games? And three, this year, Steve Sanders is cut from the team as Paul "I did nothing in presason but I was drafted" Hubbard went catch-less. Game one, Stallworth is deactivated, and Sanders is activated from the practice squad. Now, Hubbard (still on active roster) sits the entire game, while recently activated Steve Sanders is the #3 WR for us. See something wrong there?

This should have been our year, Jamal isn't getting younger, and the team was poised after last season, but 7 straight losses, something has to change.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 06:32 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Steve Sanders is cut from the team...

Come on, Coach! I'm better than Hubbard and you know it!
Old 09-22-2008, 06:41 AM   #27
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb

Come on, Coach! I'm better than Hubbard and you know it!
That's the third time you've done that, wasn't funny the first 2 times.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 09-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
That's the third time you've done that...
Second time.

Quote:
...wasn't funny the first 2 times.
Different people have different senses of humor. You're a Cleveland Browns fan so surely you must have at least a medium sized sense of humor, Scott.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:46 AM   #29
All Star

OVR: 35

It makes no sense to fire Romeo during the season because nobody on the staff is going to make much of a difference as an interim coach. Plus the more he loses, the higher draft pick in April. Ever since he refused to fire Maurice Carthon after it was obvious to everyone that he was a terrible offensive coordinator, I've had little to no faith in Romeo. He's too slow in making decisions and never makes adjustments at halftime. There's a reason he wasn't a head coach until he was 59.
The next Browns coach has to have been a successful NFL head coach. No more rookie head coaches. The "personalities" on this team need a coach that has a strong presence on the sideline and in the locker room, and not just the buffet line.
The Quinn era will be upon us soon. I think the league has caught up to DA and it's not pretty.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:03 AM   #30
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
The Quinn era will be upon us soon. I think the league has caught up to DA and it's not pretty.

See, that's the deal. It's not just Anderson having problems. Or am I missing something?

The backup QB is always the favorite, I guess.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #31
All Star

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
See, that's the deal. It's not just Anderson having problems. Or am I missing something?

The backup QB is always the favorite, I guess.
But Anderson's problems go back to last year. His numbers in the 2nd half of the season were not very good (you can throw out the Buffalo game since it was played in a blizzard). I don't think he's as good as he was at the beginning of last year, but isn't as bad as he is right now. Unfortunately, the Browns can't afford to wait for him to break out of his slump.
The Jurevicius injury is killing the offense, because he was the reliable 3rd down receiver last year. Without him, defenses focus on Edwards and Winslow, and then no one is open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 09:19 AM   #32
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

And yet, Brady Quinn is going to overcome this. I get the point of the thread now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »