Home

AFC Wild Card: Colts @ Chargers

This is a discussion on AFC Wild Card: Colts @ Chargers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #41
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18
Thumbs up Re: AFC Wild Card: Colts @ Chargers

Didn't see this in this thread, but haven't looked anywhere else yet, but the Chargers announced that they are going to be wearing the Powder Blues this weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 01:13 AM   #42
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: AFC Wild Card: Colts @ Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
Didn't see this in this thread, but haven't looked anywhere else yet, but the Chargers announced that they are going to be wearing the Powder Blues this weekend.
Heard that yesterday on the radio. That's great....I guess....but it shouldn't take a uniform to get them pumped up.

I don't understand how that whole alternate thing works. Teams can wear their alternates twice per year and then they are auctioned off. Apparently the Chargers Powder Blues were shipped from N.Y. to S.D. for the game and these were the London game jerseys they'll be wearing.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #43
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
Heard that yesterday on the radio. That's great....I guess....but it shouldn't take a uniform to get them pumped up.

I don't understand how that whole alternate thing works. Teams can wear their alternates twice per year and then they are auctioned off. Apparently the Chargers Powder Blues were shipped from N.Y. to S.D. for the game and these were the London game jerseys they'll be wearing.

They didn't wear powder blues in London... This year, they wore them against the Pats, and Raiders.

I don't think it's really to pump the team up, as much as the fans though. The Broncos game is a testament to that. The team couldn't have been any more pumped for that one, but they still went with the normal home jerseys. The atmosphere just feels different in the last couple games I've been to when they wear the powders.

Here's the whole thing about it:

Quote:
The San Diego Chargers announced today they will wear their unique Powder Blue alternate uniforms in the AFC Wild Card Playoff Game against the Indianapolis Colts on Saturday, Jan. 3.

The announcement was unexpected because after the team last wore the uniforms in the game against the Oakland Raiders on Thursday night, Dec. 4, the jerseys were sent to the National Football League office in New York where they were to be auctioned off for charity on NFL.com.

“It took some doing, but we were able to get the jerseys back just before they hit the auction site,” said A.G. Spanos, the Chargers’ executive vice president & executive officer. “We hope by wearing these special alternate uniforms, it will help generate added excitement for both our players as well as our fans and give us an even stronger home-field advantage.”

After the game, the team plans to return the jerseys to the League where they will be auctioned off on NFL.com to benefit Chargers Charities and Chargers Champions, their education and fitness community initiative.

The team hopes that Charger fans will catch the excitement and help fill Qualcomm Stadium with Charger colors.

Spanos added: “We hope everyone coming to the game will wear their Charger colors, cheer the team on and come away with great memories to last a lifetime.”
Old 01-02-2009, 03:10 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alliball
24 points is lighting a team up?

Is this Jay Cutler?

I'll ask this again. Where do certain fan bases get off talking smack (dolts), when their team has been manhandled by the target of the smack over the last few years?

Maybe I've lost touch with today's youth but there was a time when "scoreboard" meant something.
yes the same cutler that threw for 4 tds against your team in week 2. 24 points is pretty good for a playoff game. i would said more points but the dolts seem to make it close games when playing the colts.

and i can talk smack about the dolts if i want. you guys had the same record as us so its not like your so much better then us. if our defense didnt give up 40 points a game we would of won the division. next year with our new coach and high draft pick, our defense will be fixed and we will win the division. also when you guys get to the playoffs all you do is lose like your about to this weekend. your best chance for a title was in 06 but all you guys did was choke it away
Old 01-02-2009, 03:14 AM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squint
You actually paid attention to that post?

In one sentence he says Manning is going to light the Chargers up. In a later sentence he says it's going to be a close game decided by turnovers.

Whatever.
yes because at the end i started to realize the last few dolt/colt games have been close victorys for either team. however your pass defense still sucks and manning should be able to light you up. but based of history he might not and it will be close. so history says no manning lighting you up but your 31st pass defense and zero pass rush say manning will kill you
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 03:26 AM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83

Don't worry Christmas vacation is almost over, we won't have to worry about him posting until next summer vacation.
christmas vacation? im not in highschool idiot.

just because i dont post every moment im a awake like you do doesnt mean i come here only in certain times of the year. i can post when ever i feel like it but people like me do other things with their precious time besides just post on a game site.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:43 AM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos24
yes the same cutler that threw for 4 tds against your team in week 2. 24 points is pretty good for a playoff game. i would said more points but the dolts seem to make it close games when playing the colts.

and i can talk smack about the dolts if i want. you guys had the same record as us so its not like your so much better then us. if our defense didnt give up 40 points a game we would of won the division. next year with our new coach and high draft pick, our defense will be fixed and we will win the division. also when you guys get to the playoffs all you do is lose like your about to this weekend. your best chance for a title was in 06 but all you guys did was choke it away
No really, have some more sour grapes.

When you start beating San Diego, talk. When you start winning playoff games talk.

But really excellent excuses for becoming the first team in the history of the NFL to lose a 3 game lead with 3 games to go. Keep on pounding your chest, while your team misses the playoffs again, after getting blown out again against San Diego. What is that 4 blowouts in the last 6 games against San Diego?
Old 01-02-2009, 04:05 AM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos24
also when you guys get to the playoffs all you do is lose like your about to this weekend.
Irony. Broncos playoff record this century, 1-4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »