Home

AFC Wild Card: Colts @ Chargers

This is a discussion on AFC Wild Card: Colts @ Chargers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-02-2009, 04:22 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: AFC Wild Card: Colts @ Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Will do. But come on, running your mouth less than a week after a 31 point loss?
i didnt come here to talk smack but to give my opinion on the game.

then someone had to bring my team and jay cutler into it.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:25 AM   #58
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Last I checked, this thread was about the Colts and Chargers....not the Colts, Chargers, Broncos, and the 2008 Regular Season and before.

Keep it on topic, guys.
Will do Matrix. I'll let Bronco fan stew in his own bitterness until next year.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:25 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
In his defense, I know a lot of Charger fans who would still be pretty bitter if their team choked away a sure division title to an 8-8 team.

I like his optimism though. If a new coach, and a high draft pick equals a division win, the Raiders have a lot to look forward to! Right now, the Broncos are looking at the 12th pick, and the Chargers have the 16th (pending what happens in the playoffs).
im not bitter at all.
and
please we are not in the same state of the raiders. and a high draft pick and new coach has proven to be a division win for 3 teams this year. falcons, ravens, and dolphins.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:29 AM   #60
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
If that makes you feel better for breaking an NFL All-Time record for choking, go for it.
make me feel better? im not dieing here. its just football.

what am i going to do kill my self over this? im suprised you havent already after the 06 season
Old 01-02-2009, 04:32 AM   #61
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Last I checked, this thread was about the Colts and Chargers....not the Colts, Chargers, Broncos, and the 2008 Regular Season and before.

Keep it on topic, guys.

Broncos24, in case you didn't notice, this was directed at you as well. Give it a rest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2009, 04:35 AM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
Broncos24, in case you didn't notice, this was directed at you as well. Give it a rest.
what ever. i didnt know or care. but ill stop.

all i know is i didnt come here to talk smack but instead give my opinion on the game but someone just had to bring my favorite team and our qb into it.

Last edited by broncos24; 01-02-2009 at 04:39 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:58 AM   #63
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos24
also under norv turner you guys get worse and worse each year. 14-2 to 11-5 to 8-8 while next year you will probably fall to 6-10 or 7-9. that wont cut it when denver goes 11-5 next year
There's a couple of different ways to look at that. One school of thought is that Norv Turner's Chargers are better poised to make their postseason runs because they are playing better football at the end of the year and not completely played out after the regular season rigors of a Schottenheimer led Chargers team.

I'm not a huge Norv Turner fan, but the team does seam to play better late in the season and into the playoffs under him. Everything from the way he structures his practices to plays he runs and playing time for key players is based on that.

With that argument, the Chargers have been a better team the second half of the season and most notably the past five week where they are in the top 10 in both run and pass defense and top five in INTs.

There's also a statistical case made that the Chargers are the unluckiest team in the league this season with a -3.4 game swing in their win/loss record.

That being said what causes me the most angst is Dallas Clark. The Chargers have been absolute garbage all year against TEs (they've given up the most receptions and yardage against) which reflects their poor play at safety. If Jamal Williams can dominate the inside and get consistent pressure up the middle than I like the Chargers chances.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:21 AM   #64
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncos24
also under norv turner you guys get worse and worse each year.
14-2 to 11-5 to 8-8 while next year you will probably fall to 6-10 or 7-9. that wont cut it when denver goes 11-5 next year
Ehh I have to disagree on that. We were lucky to hit 8-8 with 2 wins going against Chargers and Saints. Unless we hit on a stellar draft like the offense, 7-9 to 9-7 is our range for next season imo.

Anyway, Chargers will be wearing their powder blues for this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »