Home

Man-Genius FIRED as NY Jets Coach...

This is a discussion on Man-Genius FIRED as NY Jets Coach... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2008, 10:40 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Man-Genius FIRED as NY Jets Coach...

Jets continuing to show why they are second rate.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:22 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

I truly believe the Jets would have been in the playoffs if Pennington was the QB. 20+ INT's on a team w/little room for error.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:28 AM   #19
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Just saw a clip of the PC. Lol @ the owner saying "this isn't a decision that was just made yesterday." So if they made the playoffs, you were going to still fire him? Riiiiiggghhtttt. . . .
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #20
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

First, to my fellow Bills fans in this thread. I wouldn't want Mangini in Buffalo. The guy has proven that he makes a lot of boneheaded decisions and was on the verge of losing the room a couple times during the year according to media reports.

That being said, this wasn't the best thing the Jets could've done. Record wise they had no business firing Mangini but I think the way things went down the stretch sealed his fate. The team looked lackluster at times and some of the playcalling reeked of desperation at times. I also think that Mangini may not be fully ready to be a head coach but it's not like he was stinking it up either. He should've been given at least another year with this team.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-29-2008, 01:12 PM   #21
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

This is probably the best quote ever, courtesy of Channing Crowder complete with a diss of Favre

Quote:
"Chad beat the hell out of the Jets, who let him go to bring in somebody else," said the Dolphins linebacker. "They got rid of him because they thought somebody else was better and now he came back and beat the hell out of him and them at home to win the division championship.
"I love it. I love the Jets' decision to get rid of him. We had all the talent in the world and needed a guy who is a rock, not an off-the-wall, crazy-spinning, underhanded-toss guy."

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2008, 01:14 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre
This is probably the best quote ever, courtesy of Channing Crowder complete with a diss of Favre
I would have swore that was Porter talking.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #23
Th* ******

Spectre's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
I would have swore that was Porter talking.
I know, it sounded like Porter but it was Crowder. Joey did add this (and I am on board)

Quote:
"C.P., C.P. I'm going to brag for you 'cause you won't," yelled Joey Porter across the locker room. "Chad is the MVP!
"If you don't believe it, turn on the film. All he does is throw touchdowns and no interceptions."

So true...
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12292008...ins_146365.htm

Old 12-29-2008, 01:26 PM   #24
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
yes, it could. Tons of people are hailing Cowher as the next coach for fill in the blank but if Cowher coached for any other franchise besides the Steeler he would have been fired. Stick with Man find and find a qb.
Exactly. Cowher has some stinker teams on his resume but the Steelers understood how injuries, youth, loss of players to free agency, etc. contributed to that and how continuity was the best option. 1)that's why he's considered to be the be all of coaching, 2)that's why it's silly for every team to think he can come in and turn their franchise around.

People may not have noticed but the Steelers have been doing pretty much business as usual since he left. He's a good coach but they're also a very good franchise and it was a good marriage. If the Jets wanted a "Cowher type" they should learn from the Steelers front office and try to build their own... not fire the guy that showed promise to get there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »