Home

Pat White, QB or Not QB in NFL?

This is a discussion on Pat White, QB or Not QB in NFL? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Pat White, QB or Not in the NFL?
Yes 10 15.63%
No 34 53.13%
Maybe with work. 20 31.25%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #49
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Pat White, QB or Not QB in NFL?

There is no reason for an NFL team to invest the time train a QB on such a gamble like a pat white or tim tebow.

Alex Smith was a passing god in the spread offense and hes a bottom third type of QB in the NFL.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Wow......I take it you aren't employed as an NFL scout or talent evaluator.
No, I'm not. I don't see what that has to do with what I just said. I watched all of Matt's workouts that was available to me. I watch all of his preseason, season, and post season games as well as some training camp footage. I have a good understanding of Matt Ryan is for the moment. I think he can be the standard for NFL QB's by his 3rd season.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:04 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
There is no reason for an NFL team to invest the time train a QB on such a gamble like a pat white or tim tebow.

Alex Smith was a passing god in the spread offense and hes a bottom third type of QB in the NFL.
I wish people would quit putting White with Tebow. I don't see people placing Peyton with Eli. Quit it, White plays in a option read spread, while Tebow just plays in a spread offense. Two different offenses, the option read spread is difficult to learn: ask Michigan QB's. The spread is much simplier and hides flaws like making reads and etc.

Pat White on tape might be the fastest QB I've ever seen... As a Falcons fan, I seen the Vick years first hand. Pat White running is like the Titans' Chris Johnson... He just lacks elusiveness... I think McNabb, Steve Young and McNair are more elusive then White... As for Vick, his elusiveness is on Barry Sanders level. It's that elite for MV7... The main reason NFL teams had so much trouble v. him. Most now believe that Vick was just fast, no he was fast but he was too damn hard to tackle... Just try to tackle a squirrel with a Jet pack and you have Michael Vick... As I said eariler, Pat White size and his health are my main concerns with him... He needs to two years as a backup... I for one believe that no QB should start out the gate... Matt Ryan succeeded but most failed... Joe Flacco improved more then anyone I ever seen at QB improve during a season...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primerica
Two different offenses, the option read spread is difficult to learn: ask Michigan QB's. The spread is much simplier and hides flaws like making reads and etc.
How many option reads have NFL teams ever ran? Maybe 1?
Old 01-28-2009, 03:15 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
How many option reads have NFL teams ever ran? Maybe 1?
The option read didn't even exist until Rich Rod create it. Just like the offense that Texas Tech, Houston and Baylor has created by Art Briles.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
To me Pat White is a legit NFL QB prospect and I gave him the same grade I given others in the pass that were (shouldn't have been) drafted in the 1st round. .
Call me the next time anyone involved with the NFL in any way, shape, or form, from the Owners to the Equipment Managers, give a damn about your 'grades'. Do you break down his game footage? Do you watch him in practice? Have you questioned his coaches on his work ethic? Or do you just watch TV like the rest of us schlups here?
Old 01-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #55
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
His arm is as good as Matt Ryan. I watched every Falcon game this season so I'm certain about what I just said.

Sure, whatever you say.

Matt Ryan is extremely smart and knows how to use his arm. Pat White is a qb that relies almost exclusively on his legs.

Terrible comparison. There is a reason Matt Ryan was the #3 overall pick and Pat White will be a bottom round player.

Urban Meyer is lol.

Last edited by OSUFan_88; 01-29-2009 at 05:57 PM. Reason: I forgot about Miami and Long. Dang them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2009, 03:37 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
There is a reason Matt Ryan was the #1 overall pick
Apparently it was a really bad reason

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »