Home

Peppers to New England... Rumor

This is a discussion on Peppers to New England... Rumor within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 01:14 AM   #57
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Peppers to New England... Rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit
Schefter doesn't think it's going to happen:

I agree with everything he said. I'll be shocked if this deal goes through.

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...er_99_per.html
He could be right that it wouldn't go through. But I don't agree w/the reasons. Moss was a player that appeared to be too inconsistent when he was w/the Raiders, but they still pulled the trigger on that deal. The fact that Pepp hasn't signed his offer is not a roadblock in any fashion. It just means no one can officially talk about trading him. Since the NFL is looking @ an uncapped year, I don't see the contracts of other players being a hinderance either.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:20 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
He could be right that it wouldn't go through. But I don't agree w/the reasons. Moss was a player that appeared to be too inconsistent when he was w/the Raiders, but they still pulled the trigger on that deal. The fact that Pepp hasn't signed his offer is not a roadblock in any fashion. It just means no one can officially talk about trading him. Since the NFL is looking @ an uncapped year, I don't see the contracts of other players being a hinderance either.
Schefter is becoming my favorite sports journalist. Peppers would cost the Patriots a ton of money and it would be cheaper finding a quality 3-4/olb in the 2nd round.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:27 PM   #59
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I hope this is true. If Peppers wants to play hardball, than don't trade him to a major contender for a 2nd round pick. He hasn't signed the tender anyway yet, so it's a moot point.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Old 03-19-2009, 05:29 PM   #60
All Star

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh

Huge difference between Moss and Peppers. Moss only cost the Patriots a 4th round pick and little guaranteed money. We're talking about a player here that will cost the Patriots at least a 2nd rounder and top money at his position for a guy who's never even played in a 3-4. Where as a receiver like Moss has clearly defined skills that fit in any offense with an average quarterback.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #61

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

I heard that new england hadn't even talked to them about a trade because, he's not even signed the contract with carolina yet so he can't go anywhere until he gets signed. carolina has been banned from talking to anyone about this situation or something like that i believe.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 01:04 AM   #62

SouthernBrick's Arena

On another note it seems like the patriots won't have enough cap room to keep peppers b/c he's expected 16 to 17 million with the contract in carolina. The patriots have already been a little busy in the free angency period. They will have to save some money for the draft and other key defensive players contracts will be up next year and, they gotta get paid unless they go somewhere else during free angency next year.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Being a Jets fans, this is very depressing. I am hoping that this deal gets nowhere near done. KEEP PEPPERS OUT OF THE AFC EAST
Old 03-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #64

SouthernBrick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneJets
Being a Jets fans, this is very depressing. I am hoping that this deal gets nowhere near done. KEEP PEPPERS OUT OF THE AFC EAST
I wouldn't worry to much i don't think he will be but i'd keep a eye out, Bill belichick be a sneaky one hint hint...lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »