Home

Ryan Moats and a Pathetic Dallas Police Officer

This is a discussion on Ryan Moats and a Pathetic Dallas Police Officer within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2009, 01:26 PM   #25
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Ryan Moats and a Pathetic Dallas Police Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
At the same time though, the dude broke the law, and the cop gets paid to enforce the law. We now know the situation. People make crap up all the time to get out of tickets,etc. Im not saying the everyone claims they have a relative about to die, but still excuses are excuses. If cops stopped everything they were doing the minute someone makes a claim that sounds reasonable, there would be pandamonium.
It's clear Moats wasn't trying to get out of the ticket though. He was even saying "Just write me a ticket so I can get inside...I don't care just give me whatever" and the cop had to lecture him and threaten to tow his car, throw him in jail, and charge him with fleeing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 25

Horrible story and despicable actions by the police officer. Hope Ryan and his family are doing alright.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:34 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Don't blame the officer for stopping Moats. But he should have had some human compassion. The guy was on an ego trip.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 03-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I don't think any of us blame him for stopping Moats,he had no idea what was going on, but its what happened after.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:11 PM   #29
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
Renegade...dude. Stop! You're embarrassing yourself. Damn near 100% of the opinions I've heard on this so far today (this is the story here) disagree with you. Racism or not, this kinda judgement the cop showed me that he shouldn't be a police officer. BTW, the ticket has been thrown out.
stop what? Im embarrassing myself cause my opinion and viewpoint is different than yours? I said in both of my posts the cop has his own issues.

when I was a rookie, I stopped a car going 50 in a 20, in VA thats wreckless driving and you get apprehended for that. There were 3 people in the car and the driver tried getting out of the car as soon as I stopped him and was waiving his hands, etc I told him to stay in the car over the mic,etc. I go up to the car and the driver is like we are late for a funeral, his grandfather (pointing to the passenger) is having his memorial and it started 5 minutes ago. I told the guy he was doing 50 in a 20 and he said im sorry for that but we got to go and was uninterested as if just saying he was sorry and that he had a funeral to go to justified what he was doing. I didnt run his license and just let him go. I go back to my car, radio the desk, put my stuff away and drive off. the dude rolled out too going at least 30-35 which ticked me off. So I go down the street to the chapel and I encounter crickets. nobody for miles. I go all over, no funeral, nothing. I go back to the desk, tell them what happened and it was a joke for a while. Everyone was telling me they would have never let them go, yada yada yada.

This crap happens and I never et anyone go because of their excuse ever again after that. Of course i gave warnings, etc but I did so based on the person and how they acted most of the time. The first sign that i wasnt giving a warning is someone jumping out of the car right after I stopped them cause A) its not normal, and B) I dont know if they are coming after me or what so when I see it, adrenaline starts going and if I find out its just someone acting stupid saying their late or something, I got frustrated and angry. I am sure, on some level, the cop encountered people leaving the scene, trying to hurry up and get out of there and he got pissed and acted foolish in his handling of the situation.

Im not sorry nor embarrassed of my opinion, and it wont change. that ticket should have stuck.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #30

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
when I was a rookie, I stopped a car going 50 in a 20, in VA thats wreckless driving and you get apprehended for that. There were 3 people in the car and the driver tried getting out of the car as soon as I stopped him and was waiving his hands, etc I told him to stay in the car over the mic,etc. I go up to the car and the driver is like we are late for a funeral, his grandfather (pointing to the passenger) is having his memorial and it started 5 minutes ago. I told the guy he was doing 50 in a 20 and he said im sorry for that but we got to go and was uninterested as if just saying he was sorry and that he had a funeral to go to justified what he was doing. I didnt run his license and just let him go. I go back to my car, radio the desk, put my stuff away and drive off. the dude rolled out too going at least 30-35 which ticked me off. So I go down the street to the chapel and I encounter crickets. nobody for miles. I go all over, no funeral, nothing. I go back to the desk, tell them what happened and it was a joke for a while. Everyone was telling me they would have never let them go, yada yada yada.
Certainly you are entitled to you opinion. But if you pulled over a car at a hospital, and could easily verify if he was telling the truth or not, would you really not give him the benefit of the doubt that he is telling the truth? If he goes in and is lying, you have the car right there, he will not get far. Or if nurses came out and verified his story is true would you not accept it as truth?

I understand that a majority of excuses are fake. But in this case it seemed like there were many other ways to go about it than the way he did.

Quote:
Im not sorry nor embarrassed of my opinion, and it wont change. that ticket should have stuck.
I have no doubt he would have gladly paid the ticket (which he mentioned) in order to see his mother in law one last time.
Old 03-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 18

obviously he's not lying. the dude is actually at the hospital. why would he be lying

your situation and this situation are a lot different

this is disgusting, heart wrenching, i could barely watch the video
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #32
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Really. The cop had the guys plates, the suspect was not going to escape on foot. The suspect wanted to just be on foot just go into the hospital, where would he escape to?

No real way the guy was going to get away or anything even if he was lying.

Some people in here.. tisk tisk. The cop deserves a lengthy beating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »