Home

Top 10 Quarterbacks in the League.

This is a discussion on Top 10 Quarterbacks in the League. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:07 AM   #41
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Top 10 Quarterbacks in the League.

Here my list not in any specific order

Top Tear:
Peyton
Brady

the rest:

Brees
Palmer
Big Ben
Eli Manning
Cutler
Rivers
Warner
McNabb

just missed:
Romo - he just doesn't impress me that much
Matt Ryan - had a great year, now do it again
Pennington - solid QB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 01:14 AM   #42
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Laugh if you want, but my top 3 are proven winners, with Big Ben seeming to be the most charmed of them, the guy just wins and brings the kind of confidence and leadership that makes him the best. Yeah, I guess I am picking him based on some ephemeral intangible.

Sure, Manning is a better QB by skills and such, but he loses his head too often. Warner is great.

Brees and Rivers have yet to finish putting it together, or perhaps their teams have, either way they are big weapons and impact every game.

Eli and Donovan are like lesser versions of the first group. They win, though with a little less assuredness, McNabb especially finds a way...as a Dallas fan, I have watched him just pull rabbit after rabbit out of hat after hat...Eli has potential, but I don't think he has the brains to go with the talent to every really be at the pinnacle, though he might win another SB.

Campbell is going to be better and is a very 'wise' QB that plays within himself and brings some great qualities in his size and mobility and deep-ball threat. Again, a game manager, but a good one. And being a game manager isn't bad. I am on this dude's bandwagon, I will admit...maybe it is because (like mcnabb) I have seen him more than most.

Romo has a 95QBR over the past 3 seasons, and likely would have had a second consectutive 30+TD season if it weren't for injuries; and Cutler has a lot of talent. Both, however, seem to be able to find ways to lose big or otherwise meaningful games (even if not totally their fault). They are/will be great quarterbacks who in all likelihood will never have notable or uber-success...Moon, Kosar, a few others come to mind. People talk **** about Romo, but he can play and I am not ashamed to put him in the top 10ish.

I might be off on Rodgers, given it has only been one year.

I did forget to put Brady at 9 or 10--I intended to note that he has to be downgraded because we cannot know at all how he will bounce back from his injury.

Last edited by fugazi; 04-04-2009 at 01:19 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:17 AM   #43
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazi
Laugh if you want, but my top 3 are proven winners, with Big Ben seeming to be the most charmed of them, the guy just wins and brings the kind of confidence and leadership that makes him the best.
Sure, Manning is a better QB by skills and such, but he loses his head too often. Warner is great.

Brees and Rivers have yet to finish putting it together.

Eli and Donovan are like lesser versions of the first group. They win, McNabb especially finds a way...as a Dallas fan, I have watched him just pull rabbit after rabbit out of hat after hat...Eli has potential, but I don't think he has the brains to go with the talent.

Campbell is going to be better and is a very 'wise' QB that plays within himself and brings some great qualities in his size and mobility and deep-ball threat. Again, a game manager, but a good one. And being a game manager isn't bad.

Romo has a 95QBR over the past 3 seasons, and likely would have had a second consectutive 30+TD season if it weren't for injuries; and Cutler has a lot of talent. Both, however, seem to be able to find ways to lose big or otherwise meaningful games (even though not always their fault). They are/will be great quarterbacks who in all likelihood never have notable or uber-success...Moon, Kosar, a few others come to mind. People talk **** about Romo, but he can play and I am not ashamed to put him in the top 10ish.

I might be off on Rodgers, given it has only been one year.

I did forget to put Brady at 9 or 10--I intended to note that he has to be downgraded because we cannot know at all how he will bounce back from his injury.
Agreed, saying he sucks is just ridiculous.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:13 AM   #44
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrville
Agreed, saying he sucks is just ridiculous.
Obviously he doesn't "suck" but I don't think he is a top 10 QB. Is there a QB in the league that has done less with more?

Right now Romo is probably in the 10-15 range as far as QB's go.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 04-04-2009, 04:58 AM   #45
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
Obviously he doesn't "suck" but I don't think he is a top 10 QB. Is there a QB in the league that has done less with more?

Right now Romo is probably in the 10-15 range as far as QB's go.
I agree. I think some of it is coaching, and I think some of it is just not knowing when to pick your battles and when to give up on a play.

I think Romo is going to be a solid NFL starter for a pretty long period of time. Probably won't be an elite QB, but he'll be a good QB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #46
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Get more defensive.

I don't think your argument, Rodgers over Cutler holds water. Although I do like Rodgers intangibles over Cutler.

At this point in their careers I see no way you could put Aaron Rodgers over Phillip Rivers. But again, to each their own.

I was just curious (and you really never answered), what Rodgers does better than Rivers or Cutler.

As for my list at this exact moment not sure. Provided Brady comes back near what he was before he got hurt, it's him and Manning at the top, with Drew Brees up there as well.

Rivers, Roethlesburger, McNabb, Cutler and Warner would be in the next group.

After that it's tough because guys like Rodgers and Cassell have only done it for one year, and Eli seemed to be less effective than the year before. Romo also seems to be less effective the more he plays.
Wow, went back and saw my Cutler-Rodgers comparison disapeared. Both led led high powered offenses with no defense. Rodgers had more td's and less interceptions than Cutler, better int%, better td%, better td/int ratio while passing over 4,000 yds in his first season starting. That was with McCarthy being conservative with him and not fully letting him off his leash. Look at the jump Cutler had from his first season starting to his second. Experience makes you better. I expect Rodgers will be even better this year. The stats alone put him in the same ballpark as Cutler(as well as Rivers).

The leadership intangables put him over the top of Cutler. Cutler has proven his immaturity at this point. If you need more on this, check out the Cutler post. Rodgers handled a situation of being stuck behind B.F. and the media critisism last year with class and dignity. He then went out on the field and took control of the team. One year after brett and there is no shadow of Favre lingering over that position in GB. They are still talking about it in Denver and Miami(I think Pennington is fixing this finally, but it has been a LONG time.)

As far as Rivers goes, there is a group of qbs that are all lumped very close togather. I did show how the numbers puts Rodgers in the ballpark of Rivers. Rivers had a better line and much better running game to help him as well. It came down to personal preference as I said. There is something about A-Rod beyond the #'s that he is progressing into a top 5 or 6 qb in the future and we will see more progression this year. Most people didn't watch all his games last year. They saw highlights and statistics. I saw more.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #47
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSox05
Here my list not in any specific order

Top Tear:
Peyton
Brady

the rest:

Brees
Palmer
Big Ben
Eli Manning
Cutler
Rivers
Warner
McNabb

just missed:
Romo - he just doesn't impress me that much
Matt Ryan - had a great year, now do it again
Pennington - solid QB
Not trying to single you out because this seems to be a trend with a lot of these lists, but I wonder what more Brees has to do to be considered "top tier"?
Old 04-04-2009, 11:47 AM   #48
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

1. Peyton Manning
  2. Tom Brady
  3. Kurt Warner
  4. McNabb
  5. Drew Brees
  6. Ben R
  7. Phillip Rivers