Home

Top 10 Quarterbacks in the League.

This is a discussion on Top 10 Quarterbacks in the League. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #57
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Top 10 Quarterbacks in the League.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
hmm.... what happened to all the people saying warner was better than manning? ...guess that was just a pre-superbowl fad

I agree with a lot of the lists though, and I think Brees is up there w/ manning and brady, and to a certain degree roth is too. And I also think Cutler is top 10, watching him play his ability is flat out impressive (even though I kind of hate his face). Mcnabb has to be there too imo, the guy's a very good qb.
An argument can certainly be made for Warner over Manning for the length of their careers. Warner led his team to 3 SB appearances and one title, and led the Cards of all teams to a SB. That alone is a massive feat.

I can see the Warner argument, and imo, he's a certain HOF'er, but I still have Brady and Manning as 1 and 1a right now. Assuming Brady comes back at 100% of course.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #58
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

1. Tom Brady, New England Patriots
2. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints
4. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers
5. Phillip Rivers, San Diego Chargers
6. Carson Palmer, Cincinnati Bengals
7. Kurt Warner, Arizona Cardinals
8. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys
9. Donovan McNabb, Philadelphia Eagles
10. Chad Pennington, Miami Dolphins

This is extremely hard. Also, I have to list Matt Hasselbeck (Seattle Seahawks), Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers), Jay Cutler (Chicago Bears), Jason Campbell (Washington Redskins), Eli Manning (NY Giants), Matt Ryan (Atlanta Falcons). After #5 on my list, it gets really, really hard.

Players I think that are likely to rise on this list are Aaron Rodgers, Jay Cutler, Matt Ryan, and Jason Campbell. Meanwhile, I expect Kurt Warner and Matt Hasselbeck to fall a bit.

That's a good crop of NFL starting quarterbacks, though. I'd be pretty happy to have any of those guys on my team. But depending on my needs, I might have to scratch some guys off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 04-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #59
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
As a pure passer? I do. There's nothing from a football standpoint Brady can do Manning can't.

I have Brady over Manning, but imo it could go either way.

That was in reference to Brees being at the same level as Brady-Manning, not a comparison of Brady-Manning. I agree with you with your point though.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #60
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Top 10 Quarterbacks in the Lea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
So to get this straight. Rodgers over Cutler based on his intangibles? And Rodgers over Rivers based on the fact for one season he put up close to the same numbers as Rivers?

I can see the Intangibles thing to a point. But I am still trying to figure out what Rodgers does better than Rivers.

I have already stated it was personal preference and a homer call. You are obviously not going to let this go until I edit my post and put Rivers at 8 and Rodgers at 9 or lower. Well, you are just going to have to live with the fact that someone out there would prefer A-Rod starting for his team this year than Rivers.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Re: Top 10 Quarterbacks in the Lea

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
I have already stated it was personal preference and a homer call. You are obviously not going to let this go until I edit my post and put Rivers at 8 and Rodgers at 9 or lower. Well, you are just going to have to live with the fact that someone out there would prefer A-Rod starting for his team this year than Rivers.
Again don't care. I just asked what Rodgers does better than Rivers. You never really were able to answer. So be it. Homerism certainly isn't anything new around here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #62
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

BK, what's the latest on Shawne Merriman and do you think he'll be back to his old self(pre injury)when he comes back and do you think AJ will give him a new contract since his is about to expire after this year?
Old 04-04-2009, 01:41 PM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
BK, what's the latest on Shawne Merriman and do you think he'll be back to his old self(pre injury)when he comes back and do you think AJ will give him a new contract since his is about to expire after this year?
Last I heard he's still on track. I don't expect him to be a 100% as it's usually year 2 before those guys really get back to near 100%.

Depending on how this draft goes, unless Merriman proves he's 100% or very very close to it, I don't see AJ giving him a new deal.. I don't remember what rules are what for the CBA in the next few years, but I would guess a franchise or transitional tag my come in to play in an attempt to get some compensation when he leaves.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:47 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Agreed, Pennington had a great year. I do find it hard to see how Ryan just road his running backs and managed games and ended up with very similar #'s to Pennington.
Because he didn't end up with similar numbers to Pennington. Penny had more TDs, nearly half as many INTs, a much higher completion percentage, and higher QB rating. Pennington did all this with a much worse running game. Matt Ryan had a good season for a rookie. By any other measure, his season was very average.

Quote:
Ryan has a much better td/int. ratio and more yds/att. than Flacco and thought he did a much better job moving the ball down the field with his arm than Flacco. He looked much polished and went to 2nd and third reads better than Flacco in the games that I saw.
Flacco's season stats look much worse because he started off terribly and was the clear weakness of his team early on. But whereas Matt Ryan played worse as the season went on, Flacco played better. Over the last half of the season, Flacco threw only 5 of his 12 INTs, two of them against the best defense in the league. Who was Matt Ryan blowing games against? Joke defenses like New Orleans, Denver, and St. Louis.

Considering where Flacco came from, a Div 1-AA spread offense where he never took a snap under center, it makes sense that a guy like him, who was supposed to be the third string QB, would struggle early on, especially against the fierce competition he played. Ryan, on the other hand, came from a pro style offense in a major college football conference to a team where he given the luxury of a running back that is second to only Adrian Peterson. Ryan only had a marginally better season than Flacco even if you ignore all my evidence to the contrary.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »