Home

People who belong in the Hall Of Fame

This is a discussion on People who belong in the Hall Of Fame within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #81
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: People who belong in the Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
I wasn't making the case that Tom Brady is great because he has Superbowls. He plays with the heart of a champion. You see, there are winners and losers. Winners play with all their might, losers hang their heads and tuck their tail between their legs when things are going bad.

Of course if he lost those super bowls he wouldn't play with the heart of a champion and would have some underlying fears of perfoming in the clutch and would be a loser who doesn't deserve to breath the air in canton.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 06:14 PM   #82
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

NYG 20, BUF 19
It was Kelly's fault that Norwood missed.

WSH 37, BUF 24
It was Kelly's fault his team couldn't score 38 points.

DAL 52, BUF 17
What's up with Kelly not putting up 53 points.

DAL 30, BUF 13
Kelly had the "superior team" and still choked. Oh, I forgot the Cowboys won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years (two against BUF, one against PIT).

You need to stop AlexBrady. Really. Kelly belongs in the HOF 100%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:18 PM   #83
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I wasn't making the case that Tom Brady is great because he has Superbowls. He plays with the heart of a champion. You see, there are winners and losers. Winners play with all their might, losers hang their heads and tuck their tail between their legs when things are going bad.
What...the...hell?

"Heart of a champion"? Wow. That was pure, unadulterated hype right there.

HE WAS A CHECK-DOWN QUARTERBACK!

How do you check down like a champion? Please explain to me how you throw a 6 yard flat to a wide open HB...LIKE A CHAMPION. I'd love to hear this.

You're talking like no one watched those games. I did. What he did was so unspectacular that I recall blaming the losses on poorly conceived defenses. If it's me, I'm coming after Brady like the 2006 Colts did. What happened? The Colts no only won the AFC, they went on to win the Big Show.

"...there are winners and there are losers..."

HA!

That's a laugh. By that measure, Charles Haley is the greatest player in NFL history since he's the only player to start and win 5 Superbowls.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #84
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

Quote:
People think Tom Brady is great because he won Superbowls? No, players are great because of the attributes they possess.
Like these?

In an informal survey in the Sporting News, Cris Carter was voted the player with the best hands in the NFL. Carter is able to catch a ball with his fingertips, with one hand while diving to the ground, and, according to Dennis Dillon in the Sporting News, "there is his trademark sideline catch, where he stretches like a human rubber band horizontally, his entire body out of bounds except for his tiptoeing feet, and gathers the ball seemingly with his fingernails." Carter has always practiced difficult catches, trying new and ever more difficult ways to snag a ball. Ohio State University athletics communications director Steve Snapp told Dillon that Carter was the only player he ever knew whose catches during practice would elicit applause from his teammates. In warmups, Carter will run 50 yards down the field and try to catch a pass behind his back; if he succeeds, which he does 50 percent of the time, he believes he will have a good playing day.

In addition to his skill in catching, Carter is also known for evading defenders, knocking a defender's hands off him at the line of scrimmage, or grabbing a defender's jersey and pushing him away. According to Dillon, he is so good at these moves that "it's hard to tell he's doing anything illegal." Cardinals cornerback Aeneas Williams told Dillon, "He does it in such a way that it's part of his release pattern—all one motion."

Read more: "Cris Carter - Talent And Hard Work" - http://sports.jrank.org/pages/794/Ca...xzz0GkRf8ORH&A

Read more: "Cris Carter - Talent And Hard Work" - http://sports.jrank.org/pages/794/Ca...xzz0GkRMCgQ6&A
Old 05-27-2009, 06:27 PM   #85
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnuskis
Like these?

In an informal survey in the Sporting News, Cris Carter was voted the player with the best hands in the NFL. Carter is able to catch a ball with his fingertips, with one hand while diving to the ground, and, according to Dennis Dillon in the Sporting News, "there is his trademark sideline catch, where he stretches like a human rubber band horizontally, his entire body out of bounds except for his tiptoeing feet, and gathers the ball seemingly with his fingernails." Carter has always practiced difficult catches, trying new and ever more difficult ways to snag a ball. Ohio State University athletics communications director Steve Snapp told Dillon that Carter was the only player he ever knew whose catches during practice would elicit applause from his teammates. In warmups, Carter will run 50 yards down the field and try to catch a pass behind his back; if he succeeds, which he does 50 percent of the time, he believes he will have a good playing day.

In addition to his skill in catching, Carter is also known for evading defenders, knocking a defender's hands off him at the line of scrimmage, or grabbing a defender's jersey and pushing him away. According to Dillon, he is so good at these moves that "it's hard to tell he's doing anything illegal." Cardinals cornerback Aeneas Williams told Dillon, "He does it in such a way that it's part of his release pattern—all one motion."

Read more: "Cris Carter - Talent And Hard Work" - http://sports.jrank.org/pages/794/Ca...xzz0GkRf8ORH&A

Read more: "Cris Carter - Talent And Hard Work" - http://sports.jrank.org/pages/794/Ca...xzz0GkRMCgQ6&A
You don't understand. Carter does not have the "heart of a champion". That's all you really need!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2009, 06:34 PM   #86
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

Quote:
Some people just don't get it.
Yes you are right. Some people just don't get it.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #87
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

This is entertaining.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #88
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan