Home

Brandon Jacobs on Tony Romo: "He's Not That Good"

This is a discussion on Brandon Jacobs on Tony Romo: "He's Not That Good" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #33
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Brandon Jacobs on Tony Romo: "He's Not That Good"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
This is what I'm looking @. Whenever Dallas failed, it was always TO's fault. Every report from Dallas said TO was cut to give Romo room to grow as a QB & locker room leader. No more excuses from Romo & Garrett. Produce & advance, or be exposed.
How is growing as a locker room leader going to stop him from fumbling in crucial situations?
Old 07-11-2009, 04:15 AM   #34
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well in my opinion Romo is a avg QB. The only reason Romo has been as good as he has been because of TO. But look how well Romo did when TO didn't try to play very hard are when he was out with injury. Romo pretty much with avg. Romo has yet to win a playoff game. Now with no TO and no Crayton. Romo is going to be very avg this year and the cowboys will go maybe 10-6 again and not making the playoff depending. So pretty much Romo is just avg QB.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:43 PM   #35
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherbeast
Well in my opinion Romo is a avg QB. The only reason Romo has been as good as he has been because of TO. But look how well Romo did when TO didn't try to play very hard are when he was out with injury. Romo pretty much with avg. Romo has yet to win a playoff game. Now with no TO and no Crayton. Romo is going to be very avg this year and the cowboys will go maybe 10-6 again and not making the playoff depending. So pretty much Romo is just avg QB.
Romo has always had alot of help. If McNabb had that much talent around him he'd be crushing teams.

If you swapped Manning for Romo the Cowboys would be playoff winners and the Colts would be perpetually one or two plays short of success. And that's the difference. Whatever "it" is, Romo does not have it.

He reminds me of Kordell, actually. Romo's a bit more accurate and quite a bit less athletic, but they both have that emotional neediness that really hurts their game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2009, 02:02 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Romo's fine as long as it's not Dec/Jan. Otherwise he's been awful.

This will be his year to prove himself. Without TO, and can he do it down the stretch?

Old 07-11-2009, 02:06 PM   #37
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Romo has always had alot of help. If McNabb had that much talent around him he'd be crushing teams.

If you swapped Manning for Romo the Cowboys would be playoff winners and the Colts would be perpetually one or two plays short of success. And that's the difference. Whatever "it" is, Romo does not have it.

He reminds me of Kordell, actually. Romo's a bit more accurate and quite a bit less athletic, but they both have that emotional neediness that really hurts their game.
Romo is nothing like Kordell.All qbs have help.Also if you switched Manning for Romo They still wouldnt go any where cause they still got Wade.I guess ave quarterback play means you put up Pro-Bowl passing numbers your firs 2 .5 years starting...lol
Old 07-11-2009, 04:06 PM   #38
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
Romo is nothing like Kordell.All qbs have help.Also if you switched Manning for Romo They still wouldnt go any where cause they still got Wade.I guess ave quarterback play means you put up Pro-Bowl passing numbers your firs 2 .5 years starting...lol
Romo is not mentally tough. Kordell had this same weakness.

He's too sensitive about criticism, and loses his ability to focus when the pressure is on. I've SEEN his December games. You can see the fear in his eyes.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #39
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

I dont know about Jacobs' comments. Jacobs is an idiot

but Tony Romo is the worst "franchise QB" in the NFL imo....he is fools gold, and Dallas will not win a superbowl with him at QB
Old 07-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #40
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Romo is not mentally tough. Kordell had this same weakness.

He's too sensitive about criticism, and loses his ability to focus when the pressure is on. I've SEEN his December games. You can see the fear in his eyes.
the only thing you have seen are growing pains of a young qb.He isnt a ten year vet and we can all agree qb is a very tough position to play and develop.You've seen 2 december gms,please give me a break!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »