Home

Who Else Wants Vince?

This is a discussion on Who Else Wants Vince? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2009, 12:21 AM   #65
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Who Else Wants Vince?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
I'd love to see anyone succeed with Roydell Williams as their primary receiver.
actually, I think Eric Moulds was the primary WR (they picked him up after Houston cut him)....Roydell was #2

and of course Chris Johnson was still at ECU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #66
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I wanted no part of this argument, but you keep talking about Vince's winning record. His team had a winning record. You know Collins' team had the best record in the NFL last year? The Titans played 2 of the best defenses in the league and the D got torched by one of the best offenses in the league. For all the hate on Collins, he makes some throws that VY simply can't make. And while VY makes up for that with his legs, Collins' head trumps it all. When/if VY gets his head anywhere close to where it needs to be, he deserves another shot. But a team with playoff/superbowl aspirations has no business testing that out in real games. If they're 0-5, then it'd make more sense but it doesn't right now.
I keep bring up VY's winning record because people keep saying he cant do it when he already has! I wasnt calling for Collins head right now ,but he clearly isnt the future and they arent winning as of right now with him under center.

Quote:
You're asking a guy who had a mental breakdown because he was booed to take the bulls eye of a team going from the best record in the league to 0-3? How bad do you think he'd get booed if they lose and go 0-4... especially if he has anything less than a great game.
Didnt he get hurt also? And that was last season he may be over it he may not ,but once again you dont know until hes in there and this leads to the original point. The Titans as a franchise needs to know if VY is the future or not. My question is what is Collins doing thats so great he cant be benched? How many 0-3 teams make it to the play-off?

Quote:
For the record, Garcia asked to be released in Oakland, and Kitna knew he was helping prepare Palmer from day one. He was the first one to talk about how great Carson looked, and until his knee injury Palmer was arguably a top 3 QB in the NFL. And when Palmer took over, the team wasn't coming off a 13-3 season... they were 8-8.
My point is the best guy doesnt always start. Its about money high paid guys play even if its poorly at times. Once again am I saying that VY is going turn the Titans season around I really dont know. But if Collins drop the next game or even the next 1 out of 2 it should be VY's time to show what he can do.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 09-29-2009 at 01:30 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:43 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
I wanted no part of this argument, but you keep talking about Vince's winning record. His team had a winning record. You know Collins' team had the best record in the NFL last year? The Titans played 2 of the best defenses in the league and the D got torched by one of the best offenses in the league. For all the hate on Collins, he makes some throws that VY simply can't make. And while VY makes up for that with his legs, Collins' head trumps it all. When/if VY gets his head anywhere close to where it needs to be, he deserves another shot. But a team with playoff/superbowl aspirations has no business testing that out in real games. If they're 0-5, then it'd make more sense but it doesn't right now.

You're asking a guy who had a mental breakdown because he was booed to take the bulls eye of a team going from the best record in the league to 0-3? How bad do you think he'd get booed if they lose and go 0-4... especially if he has anything less than a great game.
Very legitimate points and I agree with a lot of it. I just don't see how putting Vince in there could be bad at this point. I wanna know if he's the future at quarterback or if the Titans are going to move on. What do the Titans have to lose? They're 0-3 and only five times in NFL history has a team turned that around into a playoff appearance. What about a compromise? If Collins looks like garbage in the first half next week, then Vince should play in the second half.

Also, teams win games not quarterbacks. I really want to see VY with some damn weapons around him.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:43 AM   #68
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

You're not making sense. You said "I wasn't calling for Collins' head right now" then go on describing how VY should be starting now.

You don't know what he would do and it's too big of a risk to find out for a team that's in a must win situation. If their GM believes that his team (that went 13-3 last year and is 0-3 now after losing to the SB champs and two other tough teams) is already out of the playoff hunt, like you seem to, then he should be fired.

All of your examples don't apply. You shouldn't even be comparing VY to Palmer. He didn't have a mental breakdown before being named the starter, and his raw talent is 100 times better than VY. Garcia isn't a team player which is why he's been bouncing around the league. It's just apples and oranges to what we're talking about.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:52 AM   #69
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
Very legitimate points and I agree with a lot of it. I just don't see how putting Vince in there could be bad at this point. I wanna know if he's the future at quarterback or if the Titans are going to move on. What do the Titans have to lose? They're 0-3 and only five times in NFL history has a team turned that around into a playoff appearance. What about a compromise? If Collins looks like garbage in the first half next week, then Vince should play in the second half.

Also, teams win games not quarterbacks. I really want to see VY with some damn weapons around him.
I'm not really arguing against it bc I don't really care, but I do think it's not a good idea. Regardless of whether or not Vince is the future, he wasn't the game manager he needed to be for the Titans to have the success they had last year. This is where you and others may disagree, but I don't see his skills making up for his lack of leadership and ability to manage a game. He needed A LOT of work. Collins is very much in the Dilfer situation and that's exactly what the team needed last year. I don't know how real this horrible pass D is, but neither Collins or VY are built to balance it out. If it is a function of the teams they've played so far, then Collins will be just as fine as last year.

I don't understand wanting to see if a QB is the future at the risk of making the playoffs. You look at it as "only 5 teams have done it" and I (and I'm sure the Titans) look at it as "5 teams have done it so it's possible". I am pretty sure that if you put VY in and they go 0-4, you can probably count on the whole thing blowing up.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:58 AM   #70
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
I'm not really arguing against it bc I don't really care, but I do think it's not a good idea. Regardless of whether or not Vince is the future, he wasn't the game manager he needed to be for the Titans to have the success they had last year. This is where you and others may disagree, but I don't see his skills making up for his lack of leadership and ability to manage a game. He needed A LOT of work. Collins is very much in the Dilfer situation and that's exactly what the team needed last year. I don't know how real this horrible pass D is, but neither Collins or VY are built to balance it out. If it is a function of the teams they've played so far, then Collins will be just as fine as last year.

I don't understand wanting to see if a QB is the future at the risk of making the playoffs. You look at it as "only 5 teams have done it" and I (and I'm sure the Titans) look at it as "5 teams have done it so it's possible". I am pretty sure that if you put VY in and they go 0-4, you can probably count on the whole thing blowing up.
Alright, give Collins one more start and if they drop to 0-4, I can't think of an argument against Vince at that point.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:59 AM   #71
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
You're not making sense. You said "I wasn't calling for Collins' head right now" then go on describing how VY should be starting now.

You don't know what he would do and it's too big of a risk to find out for a team that's in a must win situation. If their GM believes that his team (that went 13-3 last year and is 0-3 now after losing to the SB champs and two other tough teams) is already out of the playoff hunt, like you seem to, then he should be fired.

All of your examples don't apply. You shouldn't even be comparing VY to Palmer. He didn't have a mental breakdown before being named the starter, and his raw talent is 100 times better than VY. Garcia isn't a team player which is why he's been bouncing around the league. It's just apples and oranges to what we're talking about.
1. Young left the opening game last season because he tore his MCL, not because of a "mental breakdown"...although some sore of immature breakdown followed. The breakdown probably came from being too competitive and caring about winning, which is also one reason why he was one of the most hard core 4th quarter competitors. Take the good with the bad.

2. It is his 4th season. If Young isnt in their plans, then the Titans should either trade him or release him....but they are not going to win anything with Collins. They need to find out what they have in Young for the future, but if they stay with Collins, then they have obviously already given up on Young. Either that, or Collins has some blackmail material on Fisher.

Last edited by ZB9; 09-29-2009 at 01:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 01:00 AM   #72
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Fisher is losing it. This is his 15th season. They have not won a superbowl with Fisher and they are not going to win a superbowl with Fisher. The game has passed him by because he is too stubborn and set in his ways to adjust.

Something tells me that one problem he has with VY is that the media gives Young too much credit and media attention when he wins. No one can get credit but Jeff Fisher and his cool mustache. It seems to be more about Jeff Fisher now than it is about the franchise imo, and that should be disturbing to Titans' fans.

Last edited by ZB9; 09-29-2009 at 01:10 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »