Home

In Your Opinion: Where Does Donovan McNabb Rank Amongst Active QBs?

This is a discussion on In Your Opinion: Where Does Donovan McNabb Rank Amongst Active QBs? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2010, 02:04 PM   #33
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: In Your Opinion: Where Does Donovan McNabb Rank Amongst Active QBs?

i understand that , if you want to talk right now mcnabb made the playoffs and schuab didn't. i know we can't blame a qb for all the ills of a team, but other than future potential he can't be rated above mcnabb. but schaub is always in that future potential category he needs out. the point remains though until mcnabb wins a ring he will always be questioned. in the next couple of years when he is gone hopefully the eagles won't miss him as much as i think they will
Old 01-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
i understand that , if you want to talk right now mcnabb made the playoffs and schuab didn't.
That logic is extremely flawed. For example:

Mark Sanchez also made the playoffs this year and Ben Roethlisberger didn't. Does that mean Sanchez is the better quarterback of the two? Of course it doesn't.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:26 PM   #35
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
Because I honestly believe Schaub to be the better quarterback right now. McNabb's body of work is far more impressive, but we're not talking about 2004, we're talking about right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
That logic is extremely flawed. For example:

Mark Sanchez also made the playoffs this year and Ben Roethlisberger didn't. Does that mean Sanchez is the better quarterback of the two? Of course it doesn't.
I'm trying to walk a fine line here in regards to the above two posts because I don't want to seem like a hypocrite given I'm using a similar argument in support of McNabb that my "Giants Friends" used against me. That being the: "X QB has won more than Y QB" without acknowledging who is the better passer, leader, overall QB.

To that I ask you, do you believe Schaub is a better QB?

i.e. pocket presence, throwing power/accuracy, awareness, knowledge, leadership, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 02:27 PM   #36
MVP

Hova57's Arena

is sanchez better than ben no, but his team made the playoffs. the logic i used was to show that using the word "now" meant present and in that mcnabb making the playoff and schuab didn't . it wasn't meant to be used as a stat comparison.

if this next decade go like this past one only 7qbs will win a superbowl and hopefully schuab will be one of them, because i don't see mcnabb being one
Old 01-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 15

Top 5

My Teams
NBA: Denver Nuggets
NFL: Minnesota Vikings
NCAA FB: Nebraska Cornhuskers
NCAA BB: North Carolina Tar Heels
Old 01-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #38
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
To that I ask you, do you believe Schaub is a better QB?

i.e. pocket presence, throwing power/accuracy, awareness, knowledge, leadership, etc.
McNabb has a stronger arm, but Schaub is certainly more accurate. Both have leadership abilities and if you don't believe me you should watch the Texans' game against the Jaguars back in week 13.

Schaub was injured on the first drive and taken back into the locker room. Insert Rex Grossman. The entire team just gave up. They were completely flat and had no desire to win at that point. Schaub then proceeded to lick his wounds and come back into the game in the second quarter with his team already down 17-0. The entire attitude of the Texans changed for the better and they outscored the Jags 18-6 (in Jacksonville mind you) after that. It wasn't enough to win the game but they fought hard and got back into the game and had a chance to win in the fourth quarter. Even the defense played harder with Schaub back in there. His team respects him, trusts him and feels confident in his ability to lead them to victory, you better believe it.

As for the rest, I just prefer Schaub's style of play over McNabb's. It just comes down to personal preference for me I suppose. And I am not a Texans fan, a Eagles fan, nor a fan of any of either team's rivals. My opinion has absolutely no bias in it whatsoever. Oh, and I watched six Texans games and five Eagles games (six if you count one where McNabb was hurt) this year.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #39
MVP

Hova57's Arena

i respect your opinion dislimb. as for toughness don't forget mcnabb played and entire game after he broke his ankle and he continued to run also. both qbs are fragile to a point. i think mcnabb is tough, but he puts himself in positions where he gets punished .
Old 01-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #40
Treble Complete

billmatic's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
If the last couple years never happened? WTF does that mean? How if TO never 'happened' and coexisted w/ Donovan than he'd presumably be at least where you rank Schaub given the abilities of Schaub's #1 target.
I meant if the last couple years never happened from Palmer's and Hasselbeck's perspectives, since a couple years ago they were top 10 type QB's.

Quote:
I too wonder how you select Schaub over McNabb since McNabb's best season equals Schaub's best to date (given the circumstances in 2004), and McNabb has playoff wins and a SB berth to his credit.
What does any of that stuff have to do with who's a better quarterback right now?

Last edited by billmatic; 01-12-2010 at 03:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »