Home

T.O. -- QB's kept me from Jerry Rice's Records

This is a discussion on T.O. -- QB's kept me from Jerry Rice's Records within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2010, 12:54 PM   #57
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: T.O. -- QB's kept me from Jerry Rice's Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
The problem is now that he can have all the motivation in the world and no outlet. He's no longer regarded by teams as the marquee player he still percieves himself to be. He can no longer overcome the "risk vs reward" question that has been around his neck for years. The reward is no longer worth the risk. What teams in the league have a good QB but no solidified #1 WR that might be willing to even consider it? Kansas City maybe? One might argue Tennesee but that's the last thing Vince Young needs in his development is TO in his ear about getting the ball......not that Vince Young is a good passer. Chicago? And would those organizations even want himn around? I kinda doubt it.

He screwed up badly when he burned his bridge in Philly. Dallas was his last real chance and he burned that bridge too. I don't think Romo is a great QB but he's good enough to get Owens his numbers as a #1 WR.
the bridge he burned in philly is so bad because most of the guys that were there when he went crazy. is that they are all head coaches now.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #58
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32

Sounds like somebody has gotten sick of being completely irrelevant.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 32

He will play some where next year.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #60
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

yea he will but at this point he can't hope to play for a superbowl unless the team he is on does something really special
Old 02-01-2010, 08:05 PM   #61
All Star

WWF80sKid's Arena

OVR: 29

I don't think TO would have ever had a chance, because Jerry Rice is the greatest wide receiver that ever lived.

But yeah, this statement is ridiculous, seeing the QBs that the guy did have throughout his career.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2010, 07:25 AM   #62
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

TO shouldn't be complaining, he played with 4 Pro Bowl QB's. Maybe if he caught more passes that he droped he would be closer?
Old 02-05-2010, 03:50 AM   #63
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13

NO WR will challenge the records of Jerry Rice. Ever. The end. Just won't happen in the modern game nor will a WR ever play as long with some really good (Gannon) to great (Montana, Young) QB's' throwing them the ball that consistently.

T.O. achieved what he wanted here - his name in the media at a time when he may be looking to move on.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #64
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTZball
NO WR will challenge the records of Jerry Rice. Ever. The end. Just won't happen in the modern game nor will a WR ever play as long with some really good (Gannon) to great (Montana, Young) QB's' throwing them the ball that consistently.

T.O. achieved what he wanted here - his name in the media at a time when he may be looking to move on.
I think you're very wrong in that assessment. The NFL has become a very pass-oriented league where receivers are eclipsing the 100+ catch a year feat on the regular. Only 10 years ago it was a big deal for Herman Moore to break the all-time single season receptions record yet now there are 3-4 players a year with as many catches. WRs no longer have to be great route runners or great receivers seeing as offenses are now using short passes, screens & dump offs to WRs instead of traditional routes in order for offenses to get the ball in the hands of their playmakers. Also, modern WRs don't have to face tight coverages (bumps, etc) due to newer league rules to help the passing game.

If anything, I seriously doubt anyone will even come close to touching Emmitt Smith's all-time rushing mark. The league has gone towards more RB's-by-committee with the position becoming very replaceable. In fact, the player most thought would succeed - LaDainian Tomlinson - is nearly 6000 yards away from coming close.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »