Home

Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money.

This is a discussion on Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #17
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
Drew Brees also played the majority of each of your Championship years. He's the biggest reason for your success. Bush just happened to come along at the right time.
I would argue that upgrading every other offensive position helped more. You look at what Brooks was working with, not nearly the size/speed advantage of the current cast. Brees is a great touch passer, but without Colston and company he's just another Chad Pennington. Only shorter.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

If you dont understand Reggie's importance to this offenses then you dont watch the Saints play much or dont understand football.

One person said Reggie doesnt make a difference he is a match up problem. Maybe the biggest match up problem in all of Football Offensively.

None of our backs average over 5yards rushing this year. Bush could have easily been the featured back this year but not only Thomas was having success so was Bell. Bush also averaged less than 7 carries a game. What back you know is going average 5per with less than 7 carries per game?

Besides Brees Bush is the most vaulable asset for this team period. Look at his TD per touches average. I will admit so far is biggest asset has been Decoy Reggie but it works for us. It allows Payton to do so much more with his offense with such a versatile player.

Hopefully we will re-sign Reggie but if we dont this offense wont be as successful and we wont make the playoffs after a superbowl win.

I can understand how some of you can look at the box scores and say Reggie isnt worth it. But if you watched the Saints every game since Bush and Brees and Payton got here you would know what Im talking about. And if not you dont know football well enough.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 02-16-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Has a a team ever screwed up with top 3 pick like the Saints have and gone on to win a Super Bowl just a few years later? Normally when a team's top pick disappoints like Bush has, it sets the franchise back years. I'm trying to figure out why the Saints have been so good.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #20
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

One person said Reggie doesnt make a difference he is a match up problem. Maybe the biggest match up problem in all of Football Offensively.

Besides Brees Bush is the most vaulable asset for this team period. Look at his TD per touches average. I will admit so far is biggest asset has been Decoy Reggie but it works for us. It allows Payton to do so much more with his offense with such a versatile player.
This was my point to CW. Forcing the other team to account for him has value even if he's not the one making the play.

Quote:
I can understand how some of you can look at the box scores and say Reggie isnt worth it. But if you watched the Saints every game since Bush and Brees and Payton got here you would know what Im talking about. And if not you dont know football well enough.
There are way to many baseball fans (stat junkies) on this board for this point to get any traction. They still think football is played on paper and not on the field.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #21
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Randy Moss
Andre Johnson
Antonio Gates
Tony Gonzalez
Steve Smith (CAR)
Larry Fitzgerald
DeSean Jackson
Jason Witten
Calvin Johnson
Vernon Davis
Dallas Clark
Ray Rice
Vincent Jackson
Brandon Marshall
Maurice Jones-Drew
Chris Johnson

Do I have to keep going? Because I could.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
I would argue that upgrading every other offensive position helped more. You look at what Brooks was working with, not nearly the size/speed advantage of the current cast. Brees is a great touch passer, but without Colston and company he's just another Chad Pennington. Only shorter.
Please. Meachem was a bust. Devery Henderson was a better Ted Ginn. Lance Moore was a practice squad guy. I still think Colston's overrated as hell. The guy just flat out drops passes. When nickelbacks like Nathan Jones are stealing balls from you, you aren't that great, IMO. Brees could be throwing to you or I and still look productive. If we're going to find someone to credit for Brees' success, I'd credit Sean Payton. And of course, every starter on Brees' line is a Pro Bowler.

Last edited by CW McGraw; 02-16-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:53 PM   #23
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Maybe you should stop watching the Saints and learn basic English.
WOW! You sure told me sir.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #24

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
I agree with Throne and I'll tell you why: Bush makes you cram more work into your week. You have to game plan for X factor players and Bush is that. He is worth having on your team.

Having said that, he wants more money than he is worth. Bush is more celebrity than he is player, and he does sell tickets and jerseys. There is a fair negotiating point here that's worth looking into. I hope both sides are reasonable, I'd hate to see the Saints lose that kind of value. Tourism is greatly boosted by high ticket sales, and the city needs more tourism.
I agree I think they should keep him because, even though he may be a average or less than average rusher(whatever anyone wants to call him) he is a great talent on that team IMO. He is imo even if his stats don't reveal that, he is bad match up for most defensive players and ST's always has to be on point because, he can put up TDs if he gets loose. I think he should take a little less money like 7 mill at the most and around 6.5 at the least.

Overall don't let him go for nothing if something can't be worked out because, then you'll be looking like idiot if he pulls a Micheal Turner. AJ is probably still face palming over that one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »