Home

Antonio Cromartie traded to the Jets...

This is a discussion on Antonio Cromartie traded to the Jets... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Antonio Cromartie traded to the Jets...

Cromartie is incredibly overrated, bad move by the Jets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #26
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

i wonder if cromartie will have more int's than kids with random women this season?

last year it was
Interceptions 3
kids 7

Old 03-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #27
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marginwalker
Cromartie is incredibly overrated, bad move by the Jets.
Dude's claim to fame is his man coverage ability and he played in a system that had him playing zone much more than man. Plus he led the NFL in interceptions a few seasons ago and was an All-Pro.

I'm going to need you to explain how he's incredibly overrated. Did he perform below his potential last season? Yes. Does that equal incredibly overrated? Not in the slightest.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 03-05-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:04 PM   #28
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Dude's claim to fame is his man coverage ability and he played in a system that had him playing zone much more than man. Plus he led the NFL in interceptions a few seasons ago and was an All-Pro.

I'm going to need you to explain how he's incredibly overrated. Did he perform below his potential last season? Yes. Does that equal incredibly overrated? Not in the slightest.
He was terrible in man coverage last year, and slightly better this year. He's never played as well as he did as a rookie. He bought in to his own hype. I've been saying it for the last 2 years, if he was half as good as he thought he was he'd be a hell of a player.

Factor in that when you do play zone, he loses where he's at in coverage, and he absolutely refuses to tackle and he's the epitome of overrated.

He's nowhere, I repeat nowhere near the player he was as a rookie.. He simply stopped working hard, and bought in to his own press clippings. This isn't a secret. It's not a coincidence no one threw at Jammer the last two years. It's not a coincidence when in man coverage Jammer was always the one to line up on the #1 threat on offense.

Add in the off the field and maturity issues and it was a only a matter of time before they got rid of him. If the Jets want to give up those picks, it's on them

If you think you are getting Cromartie circa 2007, you're about to be severely disappointed.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #29

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

He is going from a team that had opponents throw at him most of the time to a team that will have opponents throw at him all the time...Not a great idea.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:37 PM   #30
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He was terrible in man coverage last year, and slightly better this year. He's never played as well as he did as a rookie. He bought in to his own hype. I've been saying it for the last 2 years, if he was half as good as he thought he was he'd be a hell of a player.

Factor in that when you do play zone, he loses where he's at in coverage, and he absolutely refuses to tackle and he's the epitome of overrated.

He's nowhere, I repeat nowhere near the player he was as a rookie.. He simply stopped working hard, and bought in to his own press clippings. This isn't a secret. It's not a coincidence no one threw at Jammer the last two years. It's not a coincidence when in man coverage Jammer was always the one to line up on the #1 threat on offense.

Add in the off the field and maturity issues and it was a only a matter of time before they got rid of him. If the Jets want to give up those picks, it's on them

If you think you are getting Cromartie circa 2007, you're about to be severely disappointed.
I think we can get production out of Cromartie close to what he did in 2007 if his head is on straight and if we continue to get pressure on the QB. I highly doubt that it's a coincidence that the Chargers had 42 sacks and 30 INTs in 2007 and then only 28 sacks and 15 INTs in 2008. Seems like it was a team-wide problem and not isolated to Cro.

If we get pressure on the QB and we're not leaving him out there to cover for long periods of time I think we'll be fine. It probably won't be the same as his 2007 season but I think he has more to offer than Lito did.

I think he was mainly traded because he wore out his welcome in SD and his contract is set to expire, not solely based on performance. We all know you guys can't keep that entire team together. If he under performs and we have to give up a 3rd... fine. But if he does well and gets his career back on track... a 2nd round pick is a small price to pay to match him up with Revis.

Last edited by nuckles2k2; 03-05-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:10 PM   #31
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I think we can get production out of Cromartie close to what he did in 2007 if his head is on straight and if we continue to get pressure on the QB. I highly doubt that it's a coincidence that the Chargers had 42 sacks and 30 INTs in 2007 and then only 28 sacks and 15 INTs in 2008. Seems like it was a team-wide problem and not isolated to Cro.

If we get pressure on the QB and we're not leaving him out there to cover for long periods of time I think we'll be fine. It probably won't be the same as his 2007 season but I think he has more to offer than Lito did.

I think he was mainly traded because he wore out his welcome in SD and his contract is set to expire, not solely based on performance. We all know you guys can't keep that entire team together. If he under performs and we have to give up a 3rd... fine. But if he does well and gets his career back on track... a 2nd round pick is a small price to pay to match him up with Revis.
I know you have to justify the trade, but you obviously didn't see him play much the last two years.

The Chargers pressured the QB fine this year, and very well the second half of last season. It didn't matter. He's simply not the 2007 player. Didn't affect Quientin Jammer. He was as solid the last two years as he was in 2007.

He's not a hard worker. He thinks he's already a HOF'er, and I believe the hip injury is a chronic one. And last but not least, he's the least physical CB I have seen since Deion Sanders. He simply refuses to support the run, and he arm tackles everyone to avoid contact.

We'll see, but it's wishful thinking if you think he'll be close to what he was in 2007.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #32
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I know you have to justify the trade, but you obviously didn't see him play much the last two years.

The Chargers pressured the QB fine this year, and very well the second half of last season. It didn't matter. He's simply not the 2007 player. Didn't affect Quientin Jammer. He was as solid the last two years as he was in 2007.

He's not a hard worker. He thinks he's already a HOF'er, and I believe the hip injury is a chronic one. And last but not least, he's the least physical CB I have seen since Deion Sanders. He simply refuses to support the run, and he arm tackles everyone to avoid contact.

We'll see, but it's wishful thinking if you think he'll be close to what he was in 2007.
I don't have to justify anything that I didn't do personally, lol. That's not how I operate... I call it like I see it. And when I look at Cromartie I see a young player with tons of potential who may or may not reach that potential. But I also see a player that's going to play in a system that can utilize his talents more so than the team he's leaving.

You're listing all of these things that he did in SD, which is fine.... but that changes nothing. Cromartie is an upgrade over Lito Sheppard and he has the potential to be very very good. Simple.

And from looking at the stats for 2008 and 2009 both Jammer and Cro's numbers went down. Except for Cromartie's pass deflections which went up by one from 9 to 10 while Jammer went down from 19 to 11. Jammer's total tackles went from 88 to 58 and Cro's went from 64 to 33. And both played in all 16 games. I'm sure that Rex and Tanny saw these numbers and still pull the trigger on the trade. You're acting as if you're the only one who knows about what Cro has been doing the past few seasons.

I'm not trying to justify anything, if he doesn't perform within the parameters of what we're asking from him then I'll be the first one to denounce him and want him gone. I just think that it's peculiar that a SD fan is one of the few that's jumping all over this to condemn him while mostly everyone else sees this as an upgrade over Lito and a good move for the team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »