Home

Derek Anderson destroys the Browns Fans

This is a discussion on Derek Anderson destroys the Browns Fans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #65
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Derek Anderson destroys the Browns Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
That's not passing judgement. That's real because fans from those parts have come out and passed judgement on fans from New York and Philly. So, I am calling them out for what they are. Is that all of them? Of course not. There are always exceptions.

But if that is how they want to be, then fine. You won't see me tell them how to act. I guess you made that your job.
So it's real when you're doing it bc some fan passed judgment on East coast fans? LMAO, do you really believe some of this stuff you say? And what does any of that have to do with me (since the response was to me and not anyone from the Midwest or West in this post)? Trying to kill two birds with one stone?

Since you're trying to blur the facts, here's my first statement on the topic, which was a REPLY to pjv31 explaining why he disagreed with my simple statement that fans shouldn't boo their team (no judgment, rant, etc. just a statement):

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I definitely wouldn't take offense, and also wouldn't pretend to understand what it's like to be a sports fan in Cleveland.

With that said, rationalizing booing players on your favorite team or otherwise acting like a jerk will never be acceptable to me. If you want to bring money into it, if you don't like the product then don't pay for it. You don't pay to have the right to treat other men like trash. You choose to pay, and that should be to SUPPORT the team. Booing them when they aren't doing well isn't support. In fact, it helps the other team.
pjv31 replied and simply stated we can agree to disagree, as we were talking about cheering a player's injury. I followed up with just my reasoning for not agreeing with booing (not judging, simply stating why I don't think it makes sense):

Quote:
Two different issues.

One, showing how happy you are when a player gets injured is treating men like trash (or more accurately, like objects rather than people).

Two, booing your team is counterproductive no matter how you look at it. Unless you're booing when the game is over, you're helping to make it more difficult and stressful for your team to succeed. Considering they already don't have momentum (or else you wouldn't be booing), it makes the situation much worse, and it's not like booing will help them be better the next time either. Just doesn't make any sense to me.
That's the post YOU quoted when you came out of nowhere to say I had some Midwest/West coast thinking, and want everyone to sit on their thumbs and sigh.

No we won't see you telling anyone how to act... that's my job. LMAO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 02:34 PM   #66
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
If that's the way you want to look at it, then so be it. I actually think you're smart enough to know what it means when, like wwharton said (which I agree with), people generally think with emotion rather than logic. If you don't understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Hint: It has little to nothing to do with people "cheering" or "booing" at a ballgame.
But I am talking about people "cheering" and "booing" at a game. That was what I was talking about the whole time.

I thought you guys were swift enough to pick this up.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #67
P2K
Banned

Quote:
That's the post YOU quoted when you came out of nowhere to say I had some Midwest/West coast thinking, and want everyone to sit on their thumbs and sigh.

No we won't see you telling anyone how to act... that's my job. LMAO

But that is how you think.

You could have just concentrated on the cheering of injuries and so on. I agree with you there. But then you talked too much...and that's where I came in.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #68
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
But I am talking about people "cheering" and "booing" at a game. That was what I was talking about the whole time.

I thought you guys were swift enough to pick this up.
Seeing as the OP states that Cleveland fans cheered DA getting hurt, I think it goes beyond just simple "cheering" and "booing".
Old 03-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #69
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
But that is how you think.

You could have just concentrated on the cheering of injuries and so on. I agree with you there. But then you talked too much...and that's where I came in.
So basically you don't know me (from the other thread) but you know how I think?

And you don't judge people and think I tell you how to post but you're analyzing my posts... that aren't directed at you or anyone in particular, but are replies to an ongoing discussion.

And lets not forget, it's "real" to criticize people in the Midwest and West bc at sometime someone judged you (and not even about an NFL team bc we all know you don't have one).

Think that covers it all, no? This should all be a good look in the mirror but you're a vampire or something bc I know you don't see it.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:30 PM   #70
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
Seeing as the OP states that Cleveland fans cheered DA getting hurt, I think it goes beyond just simple "cheering" and "booing".
And I didn't have a problem with the "beyond" part.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:32 PM   #71
P2K
Banned

Quote:
So basically you don't know me (from the other thread) but you know how I think?

And you don't judge people and think I tell you how to post but you're analyzing my posts... that aren't directed at you or anyone in particular, but are replies to an ongoing discussion.

And lets not forget, it's "real" to criticize people in the Midwest and West bc at sometime someone judged you (and not even about an NFL team bc we all know you don't have one).

Think that covers it all, no? This should all be a good look in the mirror but you're a vampire or something bc I know you don't see it.
You said what you think. I didn't have to dig deep lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #72
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
And I didn't have a problem with the "beyond" part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
We're not talking about on a damn forum board. We are talking about at an actual game. If you or Mr. Calm refuse to show any emotion at a game, then fine. Be robots lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Alrighty, so you're Mr. Calm while everyone else is a friggin' idiot for showing emotion.
This is where I think there was some confusion with you and my posts. I'm not calling fans who cheer or boo idiots for having emotion. I'm referring to when the fans of one team gets a bad call in their favor and cheers, while on the other hand, if that same exact call had gone against them, they would be calling for the referee's head.

Or personally, once Texas started to struggle, I wanted Barnes fired, because I saw a larger problem growing. At that time, I was thinking with emotion, and not too much logic. Now, I realize that he shouldn't be fired (yet), but instead he should hire a legit X's and O's guy as an assistant. (But "GTFO" is shorter than "hire an assistant that can actually coach, so that's why that's the headline).

Even though I really do not cheer or get excited during a game, I see nothing wrong with it, so long as it's kept under control. Imo, cheering a player's injury because he's struggling or may suck would be an example of thinking with emotion and not logic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »