Home

Should The Steelers Move On From Big Ben?

This is a discussion on Should The Steelers Move On From Big Ben? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 06:10 PM   #33
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Should The Steelers Move On From Big Ben?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Or any other team. I don't wish any ill will to Palmer... though you may not feel the same about Flacco (and I wouldn't hold it against you).
Why focus all the hate on my Steelers? The Bengals are the up-and-coming team in the division (based on last year's play and given their age), so you should be hating both equally. I hate all my AFC North compettion equally (except the Browns - I actually feel sorry for them).
Old 04-09-2010, 06:14 PM   #34
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Joey Porter

The Steelers get rid of players because they don't want to pay them. They do a good job of not bringing in guys with character issues, but if someone slips through the cracks I don't think they get rid of them. Also these are all nonfootball related issues. Plax is the only name that may have had locker room issues (and that's not a definite in PIT).
Thanks I had forgotten about Joey Porter and somehow Santonio Holmes slipped my mind though if he continues down the path of stupid criminal behavior he could be looking for work elsewhere.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with Big Ben either way. I'm hoping officials high up in the organization are letting it be known to him that his behavior is embarrassing not only to himself but to the franchise and that he's got a short leash as far as that is concerned.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Yeah I don't understand all the hate either (although I guess when you're team is always on top, that comes with the territory ). When the Steelers play the Bengals or Ravens or Browns, I want those teams to have their best players on the team each and every time. I want my team to beat the opposition at their best and not handicapped.

I don't have a problem with Flacco or Palmer. Although I think and have thought for a while that Palmer is overrated. There have been players that annoy me (Bart Scott is an example), but that's about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 07:46 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Not trying to be confrontational but I can't seriously remember any time the Steelers have kept bad character people around the team. Bam Morris might be only guy and remember when he was caught with marijuana and pleaded guilty to the charge the Steelers immediately cut him. So even then they were sensitive to this kind of conduct.
Um...you can't? So, Jeff Reed, Santonio Holmes, and James Harrison (who was retained despite doing the exact same thing (domestic assault) that Cedrick Wilson did within weeks of him and was release for) don't spring to mind? Until Ben is actually checking into prison he will not be released. All of that tough talk the Rooneys allegedly did about being upset and this possibly being his last strike, imo, was for the birds.

With that being said, if history is any indicator of future behavior, he'll give them another chance to act on that talk in the future...It's just a matter of time at this point.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 32

Sources: Charges won't be brought

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5071769
Old 04-09-2010, 08:14 PM   #38
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Sources: Charges won't be brought

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5071769
Big Ben should thank his lucky stars.

NOW BEHAVE DAMNIT!

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Big Ben should thank his lucky stars.

NOW BEHAVE DAMNIT!
LOL, but you know he won't. Still, assuming the criminal portion (b/c the civil is coming) of this over...I'm seriously tempted to put the over/under on his weight when he finally reports at 300lbs. He was already rumored to be 285 and all that comfort food he's been eating while in hiding can't have helped...
Old 04-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 5
He a luckly guy, so Ben behave next time when u go to a bar.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »