Home

the beginning of the end?

This is a discussion on the beginning of the end? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2002, 04:05 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: the beginning of the end?

The beginning of the end?! No! The beginning of the beginning! The beginning of 2+ excellent football games EVERY SINGLE YEAR!
Old 08-13-2002, 04:08 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

That maybe true but I will say this. Ive never seen another football game challenge Madden the way NFl 2k3 is on the 3rd gen consoles....NFL 2k3 is the better game..they just dont have the reputation of consistent market domination like EA/Madden
Old 08-13-2002, 04:09 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

In the words of the great Ric Flair. Whether you like it or dont like it, learn to love it because EA Sports is the best thing going today. WHOOOOOO

Sorry, just could not resist that. Actually i would like to see 2k3 sell more copies than EA. The reality, however, is they will not.
Old 08-13-2002, 04:09 PM   #20
All Star

OVR: 17

In reply to:

NFL 2k3 is the better game

Would it kill you to at least wait till you have played it before making such comments?
Old 08-13-2002, 04:12 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

In reply to:

they just dont have the reputation of consistent market domination like EA/Madden

and that is why they wont outsell Madden. In order for them to outsell Madden, EA would have to put out a horrible version of Madden and Sega would have to put out a great version of 2k.

Right now at the best you have a great version of 2k and a good version of Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2002, 04:14 PM   #22
Rookie

Ever since back in the Genesis days, I've only bought a different game other than Madden twice (back when Gameday was good for the PSone). I'm not switching over and this is not the same game as last year. They have added things and changed some things. I have no reason to switch over until a version of Madden sucks, and I don't see that happening. I'll probably rent NFL 2K3 sometime, but I'm not returning Madden. For me Madden 2003 is what I want and I think it's great. If you like 2K3, that's fine. I don't care if Madden is #1 really.
Old 08-13-2002, 04:17 PM   #23
Rookie

thank you. there seem to be alot of people talking about it being better and few who have it. Just go to the impressions sticky and ask a question about 2k3, there is hardly anyone who has played the game and can answer it. But about 50 who will tell you it is better.
I have not played either but am seriously considering 2k3 eventhough i have owned nothing but madden games. however i cant really find anyone who has played the game to answer questions so i will know if 2k3 is for me. just a bunch of guys saying "its better than madden"
Old 08-13-2002, 04:20 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

"That maybe true but I will say this. Ive never seen another football game challenge Madden the way NFl 2k3 is on the 3rd gen consoles....NFL 2k3 is the better game"

Wayne,here's a suggestion, why don't you try playing the freaking game before you make statements like this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »