Home

the beginning of the end?

This is a discussion on the beginning of the end? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2002, 04:23 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: the beginning of the end?

I am not saying Madden or EA is invincible, I won't make that judgment. All I am pointing out is what I see to be a flaw in the argument. Namely the internet users (us on this boards and other boards) are NOT an adequate representation of overall sales. They are only about 10%. That's all I am getting it. The invincibility or whatever of EA and Madden is irrelevant in that respect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2002, 04:25 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree to that. I hope the competion pushes madden to make a better game. I like madden but i want the best game. if it is 2k3 then thats what i will buy.
Old 08-13-2002, 04:51 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 4

Anybody here know what percentage of americans have and use the internet? I'm guessing it would be in the 80-85% range. People use the internet for entertainment. People use the internet for research. People use the internet for many, many things. The general public will look to the internet for advice on which game to buy. they might not post, but hell, they're gonna look. I found o.s. by looking for game reviews on madden 2001. other people will do the same(yes, the general public). when they see so many people talking up nfl2k series and saying how madden is the same old stuff every year they are going to run over to target and buy nfl2k stuff. i hope ea goes through change, cause i will buy madden no matter what(if i have the money). i'm not bashing ea, i'm just saying it seems like the momentum is turning in sega's favor. just something to think about, i'm not trying to start an ea v.s. sega war or anything. and notice, i didn't say the beginning of the end for madden series altogether, i just said madden as we know it.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:09 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Carter I agree to a certain extent, but how many in that percentage uses the internet as a viable authority on what they will purchase? That's all I am getting at. And when it comes down to it, we on these message boards are only about 10% of the sales, to make an argument from that particular basis is a big stretch especially since we are not a representative sample. Madden sells over a million a year. Do you see 1 million people on the internet talking about madden?
Old 08-13-2002, 08:49 PM   #29
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Good post carter but no dice buddy. In order to beat Maden in sales Sega will have to put a dent in sales this year, and put out another quality product next year to gain a fan base. There are just TOO many who go to the stores and say, "Ooooh that new Madden is out." Then they proceed to buy it without doing any research as to which is the best game. I would like to see Sega beat EA this year even though I've been loyal to EA for many years. It would be a crying shame IF Sega's NFL 2k3 is way better than Madden yet doesnt sell as much.
Old 08-13-2002, 09:02 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 21

Probably the best way for VC/Sega to cut into EA's Madden base is to kick some *** in the other sports categories as well. If people are buying Sega's Hockey, Basketball, Baseball, Tennis games, etc., they'll start giving Sega's football game a chance as well.
Old 08-13-2002, 09:03 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Sega makes better Basketball and Baseball games than EA does in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2002, 09:07 PM   #32
Rookie

shpankey's Arena

OVR: 5

Almost everybody makes a better basketball and baseball over EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »