Home

The Jimmy Clausen Era.

This is a discussion on The Jimmy Clausen Era. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2010, 12:38 AM   #41
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: The Jimmy Clausen Era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Well they haven't been around for very long but for the past 7 years they've had Jake Delhomme, who even in his good years was a turnover machine that got bailed out by the great defense that the Panthers used to have, and now Matt Moore who turned into another turnover machine without a defense good enough to make up for his mistakes.
I wouldn't put a healthy Jake Delhomme and Moore/Clausen in the same sentence at this point. Delhomme would make some boneheaded decisions at times (much like Favre), but the dude was unshakable. One of the toughest, most clutch QB's in the NFL in his prime. If it wasn't for the shoulder surgery, he would be a Carolina Panther today. He really lost alot of steam off the ball and therefore couldn't make the plays he could before the injury without it resulting in a turnover.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2010, 02:14 AM   #42
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I wouldn't put a healthy Jake Delhomme and Moore/Clausen in the same sentence at this point. Delhomme would make some boneheaded decisions at times (much like Favre), but the dude was unshakable. One of the toughest, most clutch QB's in the NFL in his prime. If it wasn't for the shoulder surgery, he would be a Carolina Panther today. He really lost alot of steam off the ball and therefore couldn't make the plays he could before the injury without it resulting in a turnover.
I agree 100%. Jake Delhomme was good in his early years with the panthers when he took us to the SB and almost won it. Heck Jake even Started out strong in 2007 have 8tds and 2 ints right be for he throw his elbow out in the falcons game. But since then Jake has not been the same guy he once was. You add his age and the Elbow injury aswell. that pretty much worked agaist him the past 3 years. I love Jake as our QB for years. He was good. But like player who gets old and get injuried usually slows down big time. Jake did that. I remember what he did for in the past 8 years. Now it's time for the panthers and us fans to move on hope Clusan can do the job. Because of right now if clasun don't work this year. Fox is gone. Fox contract is upafter this year anyway. But I'm hoping for the best for Clasun and my team this coming sunday.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:29 AM   #43
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Glad to see Jimmy getting the start against Cincy. Should make it an easy game for my Bengals.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 09-22-2010, 06:47 AM   #44
Banned

OVR: 1

Panthers making a mistake by throwing Jimmy Clausen in a pack of wolves.

Bengals have one the best corner-tandems in the league.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:48 PM   #45
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinhDo
Panthers making a mistake by throwing Jimmy Clausen in a pack of wolves.

Bengals have one the best corner-tandems in the league.
I'm hoping the Bengals defense can destroy him, and get 4 picks or more like they did last week. Hall and Joseph have to be excited for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2010, 01:09 AM   #46
Hall Of Fame

superjames1992's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't like Clausen much, but hopefully he does well. The Panthers need it if there is any hope at turning the season around.

Otherwise, the Panthers can revert to fellow rookie Tony Pike, I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
Yep, the shoulder surgery combined with him being in his mid-30s now really hurt his play. He was fun to watch in his prime, though, especially that Super Bowl season that came out of nowhere.

If I recall right, I believe he threw a very long touchdown pass against the Rams in the 2004 playoffs to win at St. Louis in OT. I miss those days...

Last edited by superjames1992; 09-23-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:30 AM   #47
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

I have very little hope for Clausen. He didn't throw a pass more than 7 yards when he came into the game last week. The team drove down the field because they started handing the ball off again and Jimmy completed passes to receivers that were 5 yards downfield. I'm with the group that say to start Armanti and run the wildcat. Get J-Stew and DeAngelo on the field at the same time, put Gamble in on offense like he played at tOSU, and with Steve, you've got 6 athletic playmakers on the field all at the same time and see what happens. It can't get much worse than it is already and maybe this will generate some excitement.

Hell, go sign Pat White too and get two guys on the field that can run and throw.

Being a Panther fan is really depressing right now.........
Old 09-23-2010, 05:29 AM   #48
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

I think Clausen is gonna have a good game. He has all the tools to succeed and you can't bash him considering the fact he played pretty damn well for a sub par Notre Dame team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »