Home

Bills release Trent Edwards, Jaguars sign him

This is a discussion on Bills release Trent Edwards, Jaguars sign him within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2010, 09:08 PM   #25
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Bills release Trent Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
If Trent Edwards can take a dump somewhere, trust me he'll find it. I believe the TE was beyond 10-yds which is why he never caught anything.
C'mon, people...I thought this was moderately funny.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 07:36 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 27

The organization you go to and how well you get coached and developed has a lot to do with how successful you're going to be, especially at the QB position.

The Bills coaching staff has been subpar for a long time now. It's fashionable to blame the QB's, but people need to start looking at the organizations and ask why everybody these teams bring in falls flat.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:45 AM   #27
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
Kid has too much talent not be picked up soon. I know he's "Captain Checkdown" but hell, even I had to deal with the revolving door of O-coordinators and a continually horrible O-Line every year, I'd be looking for a my check downs as soon as I snap the ball.

He'll catch on somewhere and be a really good backup in the next couple of years IMO.
Don't steal Garrard's nickname, he's been Capt. Checkdown for us for years. lol
Old 09-28-2010, 09:40 AM   #28
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Trent just didn't have a great football mind. If you watched this last game against the Pats* you'd have seen Fitzpatrick actually taking the time in the pocket or throwing it out on a 3 step or 5 step drop. Obviously he's not football jesus, but watching Trent in the first two games it was so many checkdowns, 5 step drops that turned into happy feet that turned into sacks, etc.

I didn't watch the Pats* first two games (I refuse to unless they're playing the Bills) but they had what looks like 4 sacks in the first two games, and only one against the Bills. Fitzpatrick had plays where he actually had time to throw and did take the time. In the previous two games Trent was sacked 7 times.

edit: people also said this kind of stuff about Jason Campbell and he has played awful so far this season.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS

Last edited by muggins; 09-28-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:27 AM   #29
Pro

OVR: 8

the winner of checkdown king is Joey "Noodlearm" Harrington.

That guy only throws to his last option... due to the fact he can only throw a 40 yard bomb.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09
Old 09-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #30
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lint
the winner of checkdown king is Joey "Noodlearm" Harrington.

That guy only throws to his last option... due to the fact he can only throw a 40 yard bomb.
Clearly you have never seen Brady Quinn play football.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
Trent just didn't have a great football mind. If you watched this last game against the Pats* you'd have seen Fitzpatrick actually taking the time in the pocket or throwing it out on a 3 step or 5 step drop. Obviously he's not football jesus, but watching Trent in the first two games it was so many checkdowns, 5 step drops that turned into happy feet that turned into sacks, etc.

I didn't watch the Pats* first two games (I refuse to unless they're playing the Bills) but they had what looks like 4 sacks in the first two games, and only one against the Bills. Fitzpatrick had plays where he actually had time to throw and did take the time. In the previous two games Trent was sacked 7 times.

edit: people also said this kind of stuff about Jason Campbell and he has played awful so far this season.
Watching Edwards play QB for the Bills then Fitzpatrick is like night and day. Granted they're both bad QBs, but Fitz plays the position with so much more aggression. He'll make his share of bad throws and mistakes, but he's capable of winning games for a team. Trent Edwards can only not lose games. I think if Fitz was starting against the Dolphins week 1, there's a damn good chance that the Bills win that game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2010, 01:07 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Clearly you have never seen Brady Quinn play football.
If watching quinn is like watching, or worse than , the panthers, (Falcon fan living in charlotte) then.... you are correct

And no watching The browns would have caused me mental trauma ... much like watching the Panthers this year.

You have earned my respect.

4-6-09

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »