Home

Merriman done in SD

This is a discussion on Merriman done in SD within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2010, 02:19 AM   #49
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Merriman done in SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checmate101
Man, The Redskins should really look into this...we need any LB to come on. Alexander is doing ok out there, but it pain my eyes to see him out there. Bring dude in, and have lights out in DC
It would be pretty cool if Merriman ended up on the Redskins.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #50
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiderGH
here we go with this. smh. I am not an advocate of the idea it was a cheapshot. either way, the dude aint what he used to be. Hes not old or anything so maybe a change of scenery literally would help him and get him motivated.
Unless I'm not remembering it right, the "cheap shot" the Titans in-motion TE did on Merriman was not what hurt him. It was the cheapshot the two OL did to him when he was away from the ball on a play just about when it was over (notice the lack of quotes, because that was actually was flagged I think).
Old 10-14-2010, 08:23 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 8

Maybe he will come to Indy and play we could use him later in the season if he gets healthy.
Pacers/Heat
Michigan

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 08:38 AM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
1. I am not a bears fan. I love football and really don't have a team. I lean toward rooting for the packers.

2. The fact his teammate got caught, implicates him more then if his teammate didnt get caught.

3. Clay Matthews couldn't get on the field until his senior year at USC now he's a trainwreck pro bowler in the NFL.

4. Just watch the guy play. He never gets tired and he abuses Tackles.

There is no chance in hell he's clean.
1. Sorry about that, hard to tell with Chicago, Il on the side.

2. A former teammate was caught, they aren't teammates anymore. If his former teammate was caught, don't you think he would be caught as well?

3. This article is a good article explaining that. Also, BK was correct, USC already had a good front 7.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...lan/index.html

4. He went from 190 lbs as a Sr. in HS to 230 on draft day. That is a 40 lb gain from HS to college in 4 yr. Our son's HS soccer coach told the kids he bulked up 40 lbs in college from just lifting weights. Also, did you watch the Bear game? He barely got a whiff of Cutler. He's not beasting every snap.

So, are you telling everyone it's not possible without PED's to bulk up lifting weights and gaining 40 lbs from HS to college?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:08 AM   #53
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Unless I'm not remembering it right, the "cheap shot" the Titans in-motion TE did on Merriman was not what hurt him. It was the cheapshot the two OL did to him when he was away from the ball on a play just about when it was over (notice the lack of quotes, because that was actually was flagged I think).

IDK man, I am against the idea that "there was a plan" to remove merriman by doing a "cheapshot" on him. Its the NFL, people chop block sometimes, people hold, grab facemasks, do alot of things. Most things we don't even see or hear about. Yet on this board, people are OK with just saying the titans are cheap, they cheapshot Merriman because he hit young(or didnt depending on who you ask), and it was a plan,etc. Thats not the case and none of us were in the huddle. The guy did something illegal, and like you said was flagged and fined,etc. That doesnt mean the dude went into the play and said "im going to get Merriman on the next play!"
Old 10-14-2010, 09:11 AM   #54
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Seemed to me that his change came with the serious injury and trying to get back from it too soon, not the PEDs.

Come on back home, Merriman. We can squeeze you in for a couple of plays a game at least.
Home is much closer to DC but I don't want him on the Skins. We need a coverage OLB, not a pass-rusher.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #55
Banned

OVR: 17

I bet he ends up in Baltimore or with the Jets. Hard to believe he's this "done" already. Especially with how weak SD is at pass rusher.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2010, 09:47 AM   #56
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Home is much closer to DC but I don't want him on the Skins. We need a coverage OLB, not a pass-rusher.
There were some fans calling on the FAN wanting the skins to make a deal for Merriman. I think he's done personally, but if he was able to come back from knee injuries etc....he could be a dominant force in the skins 3-4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »