Home

Sunday Night Football: Vikings @ Packers

This is a discussion on Sunday Night Football: Vikings @ Packers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #337
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Sunday Night Football: Vikings @ Packers

but Day the more they lose the more each game is going to matter. Thank heaven they have a d . but he's throwing picks instead of taking sacks. you would think Tim Couch is out there. i think the mystique is gone they need a change most coaches would no matter who is the qb. he's not helping them hurt. he's throwing those passes with his arm and not his body. its apparent teams gonna let AP do his thing and key in on brett and make him move.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #338
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Their Defense hasn't really any good this year compared to the past. Other than the INT, Jared Allen was basically a non factor out there, along with the rest of their D-Line.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:30 PM   #339
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
but Day the more they lose the more each game is going to matter. Thank heaven they have a d . but he's throwing picks instead of taking sacks. you would think Tim Couch is out there. i think the mystique is gone they need a change most coaches would no matter who is the qb. he's not helping them hurt. he's throwing those passes with his arm and not his body. its apparent teams gonna let AP do his thing and key in on brett and make him move.
The other option is Tarvaris Jackson, though. And given the way they begged Favre to come back this year, they obviously have no faith in him.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #340
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

They are in a bad situation. I understand what options they don't have, i still think Jackson isn't as bad as he is made out to be. Vikings are playing for more than just a superbowl. this team is playing for a stadium too. I don't know man all I know i see a man out there in terrible pain making mistakes he knows better to.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #341
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Brett you have to go. Wow.
Had to quote this... just cuz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I personally hate that penalty and I think it would've been a ridiculous way to give the Vikings another chance, but it's a rule and I'm all for consistency. If you don't call it there, then why call it the next time it happens? Or vice versa. Should've been called.
Someone ripped his helmet half off, forcing his chin strap up around his eyes. It looked like it happened before when he was rushing the QB and got the flag for facemask. This time the play was still going so either he stops chasing the play, unsnaps his chinstrap, fixes his helmet and then snaps the chinstrap back on... or he just flicks it all the way off and continues his progress.

Crazy decision but I think any other player would've done the same thing, and I doubt any of them would've gotten a flag for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyJ
But the thing about that is Loadholt had a facemask/hands to the face where he lifted Matthews' helmet up so high that his chinstrap was covering his eyes. He couldn't see what was going on. So he either had to 1) try to adjust his helmet by pulling it down, over his nose, and somehow placing the chinstrap back where it belongs on his chin, or B) just throwing it off. The guy is clearly nuts so he chose the second option.

I know removing your helmet is a penalty, clearly. But so is grabbing someone's facemask and pushing his head back so far that his chinstrap covers his eyes.
Yeah, pretty much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 03:49 PM   #342
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Brett Favre has (and I assume will be playing with) a fractured ankle.

http://www.rotowire.com/Brett-Favre-...1874-spnfl.htm

http://thevikingage.com/2010/10/25/b...l-play-sunday/
Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #343
Banned

OVR: 17

You seriously think a 40 year old guy with a broken ankle, plus other injuries, who's throwing pick after pick, blowing game after game, is a better option than Tavarias Jackson? At this point, I don't even see how you can make that argument. Not only is Favre playing poorly, he's got a broken ankle now. Those don't heal overnight, and they're really painful.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #344
Banned

OVR: 47
I was talking about the game. Not the whole year Whar. Brett was hurt so I was saying it was time for him to go then he go out the next drive and throws a TD. If he is really that hurt he needs to sit out for awhile. So it looks like TJacks against the Pats. I hope the secondary for the Vikings get better before they face Brady next week.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »