Home

Sunday Night Football: Vikings @ Packers

This is a discussion on Sunday Night Football: Vikings @ Packers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 10-25-2010, 12:52 AM   #321
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Sunday Night Football: Vikings @ Packers

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
He did have a concussion a few weeks ago. Yeah, the WR's and Rodgers weren't always on the same page.

That's not all on Rodgers, though. A few receivers quit on him tonight, hello Jordy Nelson and James Jones. Although, Jones did have a good game.

Favre has taken two steps back from last year if Rodgers has taken one step back.
I thought Jones played well out there, early on at least but I don't know what was the deal with some of those passes Rodgers was throwing. It was almost as if he's never played with those Receivers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #322
The World's Smartest Man

TheGenius's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I personally hate that penalty and I think it would've been a ridiculous way to give the Vikings another chance, but it's a rule and I'm all for consistency. If you don't call it there, then why call it the next time it happens? Or vice versa. Should've been called.
But the thing about that is Loadholt had a facemask/hands to the face where he lifted Matthews' helmet up so high that his chinstrap was covering his eyes. He couldn't see what was going on. So he either had to 1) try to adjust his helmet by pulling it down, over his nose, and somehow placing the chinstrap back where it belongs on his chin, or B) just throwing it off. The guy is clearly nuts so he chose the second option.

I know removing your helmet is a penalty, clearly. But so is grabbing someone's facemask and pushing his head back so far that his chinstrap covers his eyes.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:57 AM   #323
Banned

OVR: 47
They had his facemask ever play. That is the only way to stop him the kid is a beast.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:58 AM   #324
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

At real speed the refs probably just though Matthews just lost his helmet somehow.

I'm sure it never crossed their minds that he took it off voluntarily, because who would do that?
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:08 AM   #325
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Brandon Jackson starting to grow on anybody else now as our Starting RB? I mean obviously I'm sure most of us would've preferred if we got Marshawn Lynch, but I don't think Jackson has done as bad as I thought he would have. I mean he'll never be what Ryan Grant is/was to us but he's done enough in the running game and also catching the ball out the backfield.

BTW, is Trent Dilfer speaker of all things Favre now? Is he the new John Madden?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 01:09 AM   #326
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I thought Jones played well out there, early on at least but I don't know what was the deal with some of those passes Rodgers was throwing. It was almost as if he's never played with those Receivers.
Not sure if it's that's on Rodger's, the WR, or both.

I'm thinking both, communication meltdown.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:12 AM   #327
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Brandon Jackson starting to grow on anybody else now as our Starting RB? I mean obviously I'm sure most of us would've preferred if we got Marshawn Lynch, but I don't think Jackson has done as bad as I thought he would have. I mean he'll never be what Ryan Grant is/was to us but he's done enough in the running game and also catching the ball out the backfield.

BTW, is Trent Dilfer speaker of all things Favre now? Is he the new John Madden?
Jackson's doing enough to keep teams relatively honest, so that's good enough to me.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:22 AM   #328
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Apparently.

To JazzyJ - You choose the 1st option. Doesn't matter what happened on the play, taking your helmet off isn't an option and hopefully someone reminded him of that so next time the refs don't get him for it.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »