Home

Sunday Night Football: Vikings @ Packers

This is a discussion on Sunday Night Football: Vikings @ Packers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #345
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Sunday Night Football: Vikings @ Packers

What the heck Brett? I fractured my foot and had surgery and didn't get to play football for a season, yet he can go out and play over and over? Guy is made of iron and steel and other metals too.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #346
Banned

OVR: 47
I am hoping that while TJacks was on the sideline he was also learning. I think with moss and AD and the other weapons they have he can make some noise out there.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #347
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
I was talking about the game. Not the whole year Whar. Brett was hurt so I was saying it was time for him to go then he go out the next drive and throws a TD. If he is really that hurt he needs to sit out for awhile. So it looks like TJacks against the Pats. I hope the secondary for the Vikings get better before they face Brady next week.
A quotable statement none the less. And actually I think it was fine until you changed your mind after he threw a TD. Can't go snap to snap and that's the problem with Favre (healthy or not). He's been more bad than good for the team... last year was an easy marriage. Their schedule was a joke. This year, not so much. Skipping training camp for a year that starts with a rematch against the Saints didn't help and was like a preview of what was to come this year. I know you disagree but all everyone's been saying is dude's done. He's not the player he still thinks he is, his age makes it more likely he gets hurt, his ego makes it impossible that he'll come out, his status makes it impossible that the coach pulls him out, etc. Doesn't take much for his presence to turn a franchise on its head and that's what's happening now.

Keep in mind, Goodell is afraid of being the one that ended Favre's starting streak (which is BS btw). So if he sits the next game be prepared for the well deserved (based on the current actions of the commish) suspension to follow shortly after.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #348
Banned

OVR: 17

There's no f'ing way he can play this Sunday on a broken ankle. You can barely walk on that, and you're going to be playing professional football? With 300 lb men coming for you? No way. Even if he just chipped a bone, he'd still be on crutches for a day or two, I'd imagine. Then you have up to a month of healing.

There's no way. If he plays, then he doesn't have a broken ankle. It be impossible.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #349
Banned

OVR: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
A quotable statement none the less. And actually I think it was fine until you changed your mind after he threw a TD. Can't go snap to snap and that's the problem with Favre (healthy or not). He's been more bad than good for the team... last year was an easy marriage. Their schedule was a joke. This year, not so much. Skipping training camp for a year that starts with a rematch against the Saints didn't help and was like a preview of what was to come this year. I know you disagree but all everyone's been saying is dude's done. He's not the player he still thinks he is, his age makes it more likely he gets hurt, his ego makes it impossible that he'll come out, his status makes it impossible that the coach pulls him out, etc. Doesn't take much for his presence to turn a franchise on its head and that's what's happening now.

Keep in mind, Goodell is afraid of being the one that ended Favre's starting streak (which is BS btw). So if he sits the next game be prepared for the well deserved (based on the current actions of the commish) suspension to follow shortly after.
Because I thought he was injured. That is why I said he had to go. What ever. Oh I see what you mean. I still think Brett can help them win.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:19 PM   #350
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Because I thought he was injured. That is why I said he had to go. What ever. Oh I see what you mean. I still think Brett can help them win.
If was injured then he was still injured when he threw the TD... as proven by everything else that happened after it (whether it be that he was injured or just a horrible decision maker and evaluator of his talent at age 40). NFL teams need consistency at every position. They take chances on big play threats only a couple of times a game and even that is dependent on the score, down, distance, etc. There's no doubt that Brett can still help a team win but his lack of consistency and all or nothing approach (with an arm that no longer delivers more "all" than "nothing") makes him a liability. His icon status, enormous ego and games started streak make situations like this even worse.

I know you love the guy though, and I'm not trying to talk you out of that. I'm just trying to demonstrate that the position the team is put in during a situation like RIGHT NOW is exactly why many think he's bad for the team. It's not necessarily a lack of faith in potential success, but the inevitable **** storm during failure. Now's the time for a very big umbrella.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #351
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
What the heck Brett? I fractured my foot and had surgery and didn't get to play football for a season, yet he can go out and play over and over? Guy is made of iron and steel and other metals too.
Donovan Mcnabb had a great game on a broken ankle once too. Ronnie Lott's story is my favorite. Dude had them snip off the end off his finger to finish a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2010, 04:34 PM   #352
Rookie

OVR: 1

Did it seem to anyone else like Moss was halfing it that last play? He sort of jogged toward the end zone and didn't extend that much on his jump.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »