Home

Top 100 Player - Favre Higher Than Brady, Elway, and Marino

This is a discussion on Top 100 Player - Favre Higher Than Brady, Elway, and Marino within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2010, 06:29 AM   #25
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Top 100 Player - Favre Higher Than Brady, Elway, and Marino

I would have Manning over Favre. I know stats favor Favre, but Manning is almost one of a kind. He is his own Offensive Coordinator, he can make any guy on his team look good, his a great leader. I know Favre is some of those things aswell, but I just think Manning is a much better player on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2010, 08:56 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirstikealot
This list of 100 greatest football players of all time is a joke.. To have Favre, and Brady ahead of Elway is just plain wrong.

Also

No Marvin Harrison, Steve Largent, Chris Carter, or TO?

The most overrated RB of all time (Jim Brown) cracks the top 10 ahead of the greatest runner of the football in Barry Sanders and the all time leading rusher in the HISTORY of the NFL Emmit Smith?

Jim Brown was 6-2, 232 lbs. and was as big or bigger than even the defensive lineman he played against, let alone the LB's or DB's. For the most part he played against smaller, slower players. No wonder he put up good numbers..
Why do you think Elway should be over Brady? Elway is one of the most overrated quarterbacks in NFL history. I would take Brady in a hot second over melt down Elway. When he had a great team he won and when he a good team the other qb outplayed him.

Jim Brown also played in the era where hash marks made running the ball more difficult. Jim Brown will be the greatest player because he was the best in his era and was the model of all running backs that came after him.

Last edited by grunt; 10-31-2010 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:20 AM   #27
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Even though I know I will catch some flack for this I would put Young ahead of Elway in the QB discussion. I'm not basing this list on rings or stats or any of that crap, this is purely guys that impressed me in the order they have impressed me over the last 30 years. My list of QBs late 80-current would be:

1. Manning
2. Montana
3. Marino
4. Brady
5. Young
6. Elway
7. Favre
8. Moon
9. Aikman
10. Kelly

I also don't have and never have had a favorite team, only watch the NFL to root for guys I watched in college. Also add I don't really know where exactly to put Moon and honestly just kind of off the hip threw him in there. Obviously the delayed start to his career has an effect.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 10-31-2010, 10:03 AM   #28
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Why do you think Elway should be over Brady? Elway is one of the most overrated quarterbacks in NFL history. I would take Brady in a hot second over melt down Elway. When he had a great team he won and when he a good team the other qb outplayed him.
Elway took 3 average at best teams to the Super Bowl. They lost, but seriously look at those teams. He had little to no running game, okay WR's, and a decent defense that ended up getting shredded.
Do you think Tom Brady could start a drive at the 2 yard line in an away game, and go down the field and score a touchdown?
I don't understand how Elway is so "overrated". Having him in the 20's is ridiculous.
5 Heisman Trophy Winners
#1 in weeks ranked #1 in AP Poll
#1 in weeks ranked top 5 in AP Poll
#1 in wins/winning percentage since 1946
Oklahoma Sooners, Boomer Sooner!
Old 10-31-2010, 10:44 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
Do you think Tom Brady could start a drive at the 2 yard line in an away game, and go down the field and score a touchdown?
He has done similar things.. NUMEROUS times. Brady runs the most efficient 2-minute offense in the NFL, and he has, for many years.

I'm not getting into the Brady-Elway argument... As I don't compare those who are done to those still active. When Brady hangs them up, they can be compared.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:49 AM   #30
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Yeah it's really hard to talk about players who are still active, cause players Like Brady and Manning will be higher on the list when their career's are over.

I'm just hoping if they did another list some time in the future that Brees makes the list so that I can say i saw the only saints top 100 player in his prime lol
Old 10-31-2010, 10:53 AM   #31
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by elicoleman
I was going to start a thread about the Top 100 but I'll post it here...

Obviously, it's pretty apparent judging by who has been taken #11-100, we know the Top 10.

We have Manning, Montana, Rice, White, Butkus, Payton, Brown, Hutson, Taylor and Unitas.

Whether you agree or not in their top 10 selections, taking just these ten players, how do you think they'll be ranked?
Just my guess. There seems to be a lot of deference to players pre-modern era, so I could see Hutson being higher and Montana a little lower. I'm thinking this list was thrown together like this to purposefully provoke us. Hell, it wouldn't totally surprise me if they put Jim Brown all the way down to 10.

10. Don Hutson
9. Walter Payton
8. Reggie White
7. Lawrence Taylor
6. Joe Montana
5. Johnny Unitas
4. Peyton Manning
3. Dick Butkus
2. Jerry Rice
1. Jim Brown
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2010, 11:26 AM   #32
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

It's hard for me to want to place Elway at the top seeing as he never won a Super Bowl on his own. It took the likes of a once in a generation player like Terrell Davis - who we all know had his meteoric career cut short by injury - to get him those 2 SB victories.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »