Home

Benching McNabb

This is a discussion on Benching McNabb within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-18-2010, 03:49 PM   #73
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Benching McNabb

Its Rex Grossman for crying out loud. This proves that Shannahan isnt interested in McNabb for the future. The whole "We want to see what so and so can do" is BS. If Mc5 was your guy you would be giving him as many reps in practice and game snap as possible for next year. Carson Palmer has been just as bad as McNabb if not worse this season with way better offensive weapons and Marvin Lewis isnt pulling him.

The Redskins may be the worse offense in the league right now. I dont see any QB being productive especially with one season in the system. I hope for Donovan sake he is released.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #74
MVP

RJTurneR's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Huh? Going to the Vikings now guarantees Pro Bowl status for a quarterback? When did that happen? Favre's year last year was a complete fluke. And even so, Favre's skills last year > McNabb's skills next year.
This be true. He had a healthy WR core, Adrian Peterson, and a very good defense. This year everything fell apart. Also, Rice is a FA at the end of this year I believe? The QB that goes in there will not put up Pro Bowl numbers next year (If there is one).
Old 12-18-2010, 05:39 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
The reason he's made the moves is not what's being looked at as the biggest issue, because I think we can all agree that McNabb hasn't played well this year within that system, and that for both sides it's best to move on. It's the way Shanahan has mishandled the situation that's being scrutinized and rightfully so, and Shanahan and the organization deserves every bit of heat they're getting for it. I'm in favor of benching a player, but there is a right way to address it and a wrong way and Shanahan chose the wrong way.

He simply has not handled this right at any point on any level, he's been totally unprofessional, and again he's lost that team because of it. They were with him on the Haynesworth situation, but not with this.
I agree, I haven't followed this that closely so I'm not sure how badly Shanahan has handled this, I'll just say that the game may have passed Shanahan by but look at this team, it sucks and that includes McNabb. Yes, Grossman sucks too, but they have another QB on the team. Might as well see what he can do.

I just don't understand why the Redskins got McNabb. They are not a very good team that needs to start over. McNabb doesn't really fit the team at all. If McNabb is going to be successful at this stage in his career he needs to go to a legitimately good team and even then who knows. The Redskins are obviously a horribly run organization.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #76
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

I don't see how Farves season last year was a fluke.....He was healthy an played great. this year hes been hurt the whole time an father time just caught up with him.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #77
Banned

OVR: 32

Players are upset about benching of McNabb.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-297400
Old 12-20-2010, 08:48 AM   #78
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

McNabb has been repeatedly used as a punching bag all his career by Philly fans, players, T.O. and now the Shanahans and he still never fires back. It's amazing how much this guy handles stuff with class. He deserves better.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 12-20-2010, 10:44 AM   #79
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Class or the fact he really simply doesn't care... I keep hearing about how "classy" McNabb is but all I see when I look at him is a player collecting a paycheck who really doesn't care what anyone thinks.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:49 AM   #80
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Class or the fact he really simply doesn't care... I keep hearing about how "classy" McNabb is but all I see when I look at him is a player collecting a paycheck who really doesn't care what anyone thinks.
Should he?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »