Home

Benching McNabb

This is a discussion on Benching McNabb within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 03:09 PM   #17
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Benching McNabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Maybe, they want to see if Rex has the tools to be a starter in this league. I saw a video of Joe Gibbs watching the game with the owner. The look on Gibbs face was utter disgust. I wonder how Shanny felt about the owner and Gibbs looking over his shoulder.
Why would he be worried about Gibbs?
Old 12-17-2010, 03:11 PM   #18
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
My brother and I had a big argument about Donovan. He's a huge Eagle fan, and he did handstands when McNabb was shipped out. I always tried to cut Donovan some slack, but to my brother, Donovan is overrated, inaccurate, a bum and a choker. He's still ticked off about the Super Bowl. He agrees with everything T.O. said. Do you feel the same way?

Naw i liked McNabb, but i've learned to watch what the FO does and why? They have a very long history of letting guys go and going the other directon. I was the most upset when the let Eric Allen go, but it worked out Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent became a good tandem. So they know what they are doing and trust it. The one thing about that organization is they give everyone a chance and let them try to improve themselves if they don't they let them go.

But to answer your question I like Mcnabb but after the Dallas game and the way they handcuffed the team with jams and Mcnabb not being able to hit the short routes i became frustrated and completely understood why they let him go. Plus they sent him to the skins where they have no real big stars at the reciever position that could hurt them.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #19
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Professor if the eagles lose this weekend does greenbay get into the wildcard
Old 12-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #20
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Only if Tampa loses as well and we win out.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 42

Ship Donovan off to Arizona, or Minnesota! This is just getting ridiculous to me. I can't seem to make any sense of what is going on in Washington.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #22
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaman
Ship Donovan off to Arizona, or Minnesota! This is just getting ridiculous to me. I can't seem to make any sense of what is going on in Washington.
Shanahan is sabotaging them with his selfish ways, instead of him adapting to his roster he wants the roster to adapt to him and its clearly not working.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe
Old 12-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #23
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaman
Washington as it stands right now would be perfect for Parcells circa 1995. The only other guy I can think of who can pull off the impossible of making Washington a real football team again is currently employed. (Holmgren)

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Wow, pretty funny turn around considering the season started with so many Skins fans saying Donavan was going to take them to the Super Bowl. I said at the time that the Eagles hoodwinked the Skins and would NEVER had let McNabb go there if he had most of his skills left. I mean it was simple to me, all you had to do was ask yourself how the Eagles decisions have worked out for them over the last 10 years vs. how the Skins decisions have worked out for them in the last 10 years. A smart team never lets a great player go to a division rival and that's why anyone should have known the Eagles knew McNabb was going down the downward spiral career-wise.

As a Cowboys fan I have my own huge disappointment of a season to bear but its stories like these about the Skins that sure put a smile on my face! We'll be back next year and competing but the Skins will still keep floundering and paying for past sins. For a long time to come yet. Dan Snyder is the gift that just keeps on giving to us Boys fans. Life is good!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »