Home

Benching McNabb

This is a discussion on Benching McNabb within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #33
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Benching McNabb

my brother told me he has a 1 million dollar buyout for the end of the season. I think what rob is talking about is the extra incentive mcnabb could get for starting 70% of the snaps
Old 12-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #34
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I thought that was only guaranteed if he's on the roster next season, Rob? I could be wrong about that one...
Not sure either but on 980 last night they made it seem like if we cut ties after this season the new contract pays him 3.5 mil if he was released after this season.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 12-17-2010, 04:16 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

It is becoming very hard to root for the Skins. The franchise has become wrecked. Snyder looked like he may had finally made a good move with McNabb and Shanny, but look how that has turned out. Mike has trainwrecked the team even more and McNabb easily does not fit the system.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2010, 04:22 PM   #36
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

overpaying players making them feel entitled wrecked this team.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:30 PM   #37
Swaggy Poole

justblaze09's Arena

OVR: 21

Looks like Mike has joined the...

But in all seriousness, I just don't get this move unless McNabb is gone at the end of the year. Rob made me understand the contract more, but it's still so bizarre. On my way home from school, I just kept thinking is Shanny the right person for the 'Skins.

OS Uni Snob Association Member

OS's most random Twitter account: @JustinTrenell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins
White doesn't clash with dark colors. Or most colors. That's the point of white.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordogg24p
I think most of American history would disagree with you on that one.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:32 PM   #38
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
My brother and I had a big argument about Donovan. He's a huge Eagle fan, and he did handstands when McNabb was shipped out. I always tried to cut Donovan some slack, but to my brother, Donovan is overrated, inaccurate, a bum and a choker. He's still ticked off about the Super Bowl. He agrees with everything T.O. said. Do you feel the same way?
I think it's funny that anyone would still be mad over play in the "superbowl"... or any of the many division championship games McNabb lead the offense in. I'm sure Browns, Bills, Bengals, Texans, etc. fans find that funny too. McNabb's not perfect by any means but he's far from a bum and I personally don't consider anyone a choker based on what they do in a superbowl since they had to "not choke" in some pretty big games to get there in the first place (and in this case, those were all games TO was watching from the sideline).

As for the benching, it's pretty stupid and I hope the end result isn't that in 2 years we realize how many issues have arisen because Mike can't act like the boss of Kyle instead of his father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Wow, pretty funny turn around considering the season started with so many Skins fans saying Donavan was going to take them to the Super Bowl. I said at the time that the Eagles hoodwinked the Skins and would NEVER had let McNabb go there if he had most of his skills left. I mean it was simple to me, all you had to do was ask yourself how the Eagles decisions have worked out for them over the last 10 years vs. how the Skins decisions have worked out for them in the last 10 years. A smart team never lets a great player go to a division rival and that's why anyone should have known the Eagles knew McNabb was going down the downward spiral career-wise.

As a Cowboys fan I have my own huge disappointment of a season to bear but its stories like these about the Skins that sure put a smile on my face! We'll be back next year and competing but the Skins will still keep floundering and paying for past sins. For a long time to come yet. Dan Snyder is the gift that just keeps on giving to us Boys fans. Life is good!
Posts like these are why people don't like Cowboy fans. First, you say they'll be back next year competing... even though they've won one playoff game in a decade? You can laugh at the Skins but the Boys are just as laughable. NOBODY said anything about the Skins going to the superbowl (don't know where you got that from) but plenty of people said the Cowboys were the best team in the league this year. Plenty said they'd be playing in the SB at home in their fancy new stadium. Meanwhile they're behind the Skins in the standings with only 4 wins.

I'm amazed you'd even try to make a comparison with the Boys with their expectations and execution this year... and even talk about long term with how the Boys have "competed" over the last 10-11 years. Amazing actually.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:48 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

wwharton - I don't care who likes me or not, in fact I'd prefer non-Cowboys fans keep on hating me and other Cowboys fans, I'm cool with that. And yes we will be competing next year, competing simply means we'll be competitive. Actually we've competed this year since Garrett took over and Captain Kangaroo left. Unlike the Skins we have not run our franchise into the ground to the point of it being years away from recovering.

I saw PLENTY of Skins fans saying with their defense, a healthy backfield and McNabb arriving they would be going to the Super Bowl. A TON. So don't even try revisionist history in the 11th hour. I laughed at the Skins fans then and I'm heartily laughing now. Oh as for being amazed, I admitted the Cowboys underperformed by a mile this year, I was simply pointing out that the SKins managed to put a smile on my face despite our awful year. I mean come on, this is priceless, signing McNabb for big money then having your big-time savior coach bench him a few games later. That's comic GOLD right there. Just GOLD!!

Just trust me, it's of great comfort to know that despite our issues with our franchise we always have our underperforming, comical, little brother in the Washington Deadskins to be amused by. And I don't just mean on the field but in the offseason and in the front office as well. Good times!!
Old 12-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #40
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Cowboy Fans pointing and laughing at Skins' Fans for how they've done? Oh the irony LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »