Home

PED Loophole: Dear Antler Velvet?

This is a discussion on PED Loophole: Dear Antler Velvet? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2013, 02:13 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: PED Loophole: Dear Antler Velvet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
It's a banned substance. If it is such a great product and has no side effects then make it legal. No purpose of having a rule if it is broken by superstar players.
I fail to see how this argues my point. My argument is precisely against it being banned.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I was just responding to your post, but didn't go into much more detail bc I think you've got this wrong here. The entire story is about the first time he was linked to it... which this entire thread was about... years ago. Some reporter brought it up, Ray quickly dismissed even talking about it and now people are scrambling to make it a story. I could be wrong but I didn't see anything indicating it was at all linked to any injury he had this year or that he's failed any test for anything. Just more fishing for stories to kill 2 weeks worth of dead time.
Yeah, I am aware of the original story. I started the thread and posted it a couple of years ago.

There is an SI piece coming out about how he ordered it this year for his tricep tear. Evidently, there is hard evidence linked to this as well. Albeit, the timing is suspect right before the Super Bowl I agree. Plus it is good for business for them I'm sure.

I think it is just the tip of the iceberg though. Can't really be found in testing. Like I said from the get go it is a PED loophole. I would imagine that is a dirty little secret in the NFL since there is no way to test for it.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...1_a2&eref=sihp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
I fail to see how this argues my point. My argument is precisely against it being banned.
My mistake.

Yeah, it's an animal growth hormone. So technically it is natural. They should just make it legal then. Too late for that though, since it is listed as illegal.

Last edited by LingeringRegime; 01-29-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:36 PM   #27
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Yeah, I am aware of the original story. I started the thread and posted it a couple of years ago.

There is an SI piece coming out about how he ordered it this year for his tricep tear. Evidently, there is hard evidence linked to this as well. Albeit, the timing is suspect right before the Super Bowl I agree. Plus it is good for business for them I'm sure.

I think it is just the tip of the iceberg though. Can't really be found in testing. Like I said from the get go it is a PED loophole. I would imagine that is a dirty little secret in the NFL since there is no way to test for it.

My mistake.

Yeah, it's an animal growth hormone. So technically it is natural. They should just make it legal then.
Yep, I read through a bit of the SI article. Sounds like the guy taped a conversation... we'll see how far this goes. I do think there's a reason it didn't go far the first time and don't think it will here either. But I won't comment on it much since I'll probably be accused of being biased, even though I've always said the rules around most of this stuff are pretty stupid and the public outcry ends up even worse. Like you said though, if it is illegal then it's illegal. The report says there's so little there that it shouldn't even be listed as part of it, but it is so I guess we can just take all of it how we want.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

Quote:
Yep, I read through a bit of the SI article. Sounds like the guy taped a conversation... we'll see how far this goes. I do think there's a reason it didn't go far the first time and don't think it will here either. But I won't comment on it much since I'll probably be accused of being biased, even though I've always said the rules around most of this stuff are pretty stupid and the public outcry ends up even worse. Like you said though, if it is illegal then it's illegal. The report says there's so little there that it shouldn't even be listed as part of it, but it is so I guess we can just take all of it how we want.
It will be interesting to see how it plays out for sure.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #29
All Star

LambertandHam's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

Eh, on one hand I'm conflicted. If this turned out to be Harrison, people would be going ballistic.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #30
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertandHam
Eh, on one hand I'm conflicted. If this turned out to be Harrison, people would be going ballistic.
I wouldn't be going ballistic, and that's all I can speak for.

My issue with Harrison is that when the rules changed he made a point to ignore them and then cry victim every time he was hit with a fine. Other than that, I've had no problem with him and don't remember anyone else really jumping on him.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

Antlers Up Texas Rangers.jpg

Antlers Up Nelson Cruz.jpg

aNTLERS UP BLUE.jpg

Fans Antlers Up.jpg

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #32
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

According to the article it works like HGH. HGH is not a steroid. Its not really a performance enhancer either. It is primarily used to recover from injury. It does very little in regards to building up muscle or improving performance.

The most it does with regards to performance is make it less likely to suffer ligament and muscle damage.

Also, somebody made a point of it being natural vs synthetic. If they break down this substance, find the chemical that makes it work, and then synthesize it to work the exact same way, then what is the problem?
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »