Home

Randy Moss Retires

This is a discussion on Randy Moss Retires within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 06:29 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Randy Moss Retires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootiefish
I did, and I did. Maybe it was because I was an untalented white boy that had to work his *** off to squeeze every little bit out of my body, but I did.

Which is why guys like Moss make me sick. Because of what he could've been. It's not like what I am saying is new or contrarian. Look around, practically everyone is saying the same thing about him.

Anyway, I'm done. Like I said, keep waiting on Moss to come back. He may do so. But if he does, he'll make the Raiders version of Moss look like an All-Pro by comparison.
Do you give 100 percent at your job every single day? You don't have days or moments when you just don't care? Maybe your mind is somewhere else? Randy Moss had those days, too.

The media took a comment that he made, albeit a bad comment, and ran with it. Joe Taxpayer got mad because how dare could a professional athlete who makes millions of dollars be just like us? How dare they have bad days and times when they just mail it in a little bit.

Look, I'm not a big Randy Moss fan, but for the people who questioned his dedication to the game, I'll just say this - quit judging the man. You don't know him, you were never around him when he was working hard. We know what we know because of the media. Period. Did he say some things that he shouldn't have? Maybe he was just HONEST. He wasn't going to lie and say that he busted his *** 100 percent of the time, and people rip him to shreds because of it.

I envy his talent but that doesn't mean that I am going to pass judgment on him and expect him to not act like everyone else at times. Why do we put athletes on a pedestal, why do we demand perfection from them? It's stupid.

You said he makes you sick because of what he "could have been." The guy is one of the best wide receivers in NFL history and the greatest deep threat we've ever seen. Maybe, just maybe, there was more to his life than just football and being the best. Maybe other things in life were more important? Who knows, right?

A team will call. One injury to a contending team's #1 or #2 WR and he gets a call. Like I said, I'm not a Moss fan. But I respect his talent. People said he was done after Oakland too (granted, not as many, but still) and he exploded for 23 touchdowns and set an NFL record. He's not that same receiver anymore, but he's still better than 70 to 80 percent of the wide receivers in the league.

No offense, but I never understand why people take athlete's lives so personal. Your comments obviously had an angry tone to them and I don't understand why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 06:31 AM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Randy Moss got in his own way when he possibly could've very easily went down as THE greatest WR to EVER play. But he definitely had a good career and I hope he's done after this because anybody that thinks he'll be able to just pop right up Week 1 and be the same Moss he was in 07 and in his early Minnesota years will be in for a disappointment.
Just curious, who has said that in this thread?

I think we've past that; it's pretty obvious that he's out of his prime, but he can still help a team. That's the point.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #27
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootiefish
I did, and I did. Maybe it was because I was an untalented white boy that had to work his *** off to squeeze every little bit out of my body, but I did.

Which is why guys like Moss make me sick. Because of what he could've been. It's not like what I am saying is new or contrarian. Look around, practically everyone is saying the same thing about him.

Anyway, I'm done. Like I said, keep waiting on Moss to come back. He may do so. But if he does, he'll make the Raiders version of Moss look like an All-Pro by comparison.
I'm was pretty much the same way as Moss. I could be half-sleep on the field and make a big play (defense or offense).

Also, I hope I didn't offend you with the "have you ever played football question?". If I did that wasn't my intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Honestly, I don't know if a team is out there that'll take a flyer on him.
Your right... I think part of the reason Moss is retiring at this point is because he can't sign with a contender. So instead of playing for one of those med or low chance teams. He rather sit this one out. You can tell when he is motivated. Last year was one of those years. The 2 Raiders years was years.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:23 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 6

Apparently the Eagles made an offer to Randy Moss after he filed his retirement papers, so this could be the possible return everyone is talking about. Some people question Randy Moss' work ethic. But to be in a contender like the Eagles to finally win a ring that I know he desires, it could really be a true motivation for him to play hard.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...offer-to-moss/
Old 08-03-2011, 03:02 PM   #29
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Not to get ahead of myself or that article. But who ever those underneath recevier are. They are going to get tons of looks.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 18

I was so hoping that Moss would return to the Pats. In my opinion I think he can still play and still be effective. I think he also learned his lesson concerning the way he talked himself out of NE. I think Moss should have retired a Patriot and they should have offered him at least a 2yr deal. Don't get me wrong, I understand why they did"nt, but man, he could help them so much. Imagine Moss, Chad, Welker, and Branch, with those two TE's, who could guard that?

I honestly don't see why a team like the Cowboys does not go after Moss. He would help them also.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #31
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Just curious, who has said that in this thread?

I think we've past that; it's pretty obvious that he's out of his prime, but he can still help a team. That's the point.
You want exact words or anything close to that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 03:34 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
You want exact words or anything close to that?
I don't see anything close to that and I've read the thread twice.

I've seen people saying that he could have two or three years left in the NFL, that he would still be effective, still command a double-team over the top and a couple of other comments that are not outlandish. Those are all things that I agree with. No one is calling him elite anymore, and anyone who thinks that he could come back and be the player he was in his prime is nuts.

Like I said, I'm not a Moss fan. At all. I respect his talent... I enjoyed watching him make plays throughout his career, but I just don't get all the people who put the man down. He was an entertainer, a great football player in his prime and that's that. He has a ton of money and his profession served him well. I just find it funny when people believe that athletes might not look at the game in the same way that they do. At the end of the day, it's still a job - a job you probably love, but it's still a job, and other things in life are more important than that.

He can still help a team. If he comes in with a good attitude, he will be an asset. At 34, I really don't think he's completely done. His indifference hurt him at times, but hey, that's his problem, not mine. I stand by my comment that he's still better than the great majority of receivers on the planet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »