Home

Report: Madonna is old. And as such, might be doing the Super Bowl halftime show.

This is a discussion on Report: Madonna is old. And as such, might be doing the Super Bowl halftime show. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2011, 02:59 AM   #41
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Report: Madonna is old. And as such, might be doing the Super Bowl halftime show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid Radio
Halftime shows are usually terrible. I'm not a big fan of the Who, but I liked when they brought them out.. that's the only good one I can think of.

Didn't they do a WWF title match one time? That's creative lol, it'd be cool to see a UFC title fight but I think MMA is a long way from that.. they only just got on Fox, the desire isn't there for most people to see MMA during the Super Bowl.

At least they aren't doing Lady Gaga though, that chick creeps me out. What do I care though, I usually play catch with whoever's over during halftime anyways lol.
They had "Halftime Heat", which was an empty arena match with The Rock vs. Mankind for the WWF title...I think that was for Super Bowl XXXIII. I don't think the NFL endorsed it or had anything to do with it.

It's amazing that 8 years after the wardrobe malfunction they're still picking incredibly obscure/non-provocative/past their prime people for the halftime shows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 06:23 AM   #42
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Report: Madonna is old. And as such, might be doing the Super Bowl halftime show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
They had "Halftime Heat", which was an empty arena match with The Rock vs. Mankind for the WWF title...I think that was for Super Bowl XXXIII. I don't think the NFL endorsed it or had anything to do with it.

It's amazing that 8 years after the wardrobe malfunction they're still picking incredibly obscure/non-provocative/past their prime people for the halftime shows.
Ah, I'm not a wrestling fan so I didn't know the details.

Like many have said, the halftime show isn't really worth watching most of the time. It's pretty much just to keep the people who are watching for the commercials or to not look stupid when people talk about it the next day tuned in.

The only band I really like that is popular enough to do a Super Bowl halftime would probably be the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but they aren't quite old and washed up yet so we're still a ways from that.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:18 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 18

As always, the halftime show only exists as a food run.

Still, it's hard for anything to be worse than the Black Eyed Peas. Madonna may be a fossil, but at least she has some semblance of talent. Can't say that about BEP.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:32 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 0

I think they can check out the strip hold up and other crisis methods since Madonna's vintage
Old 10-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #45
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid Radio
The only band I really like that is popular enough to do a Super Bowl halftime would probably be the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but they aren't quite old and washed up yet so we're still a ways from that.
They're definitely old, but nowhere near washed up. For the record, Madonna is 53, while Kiedis and Flea are about to turn 49, and Chad Smith turns 50 this month.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #46
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
Agreed. She's a great entertainer. I just got a good laugh that they went with the artist who made it acceptable for female entertainers to be risqué when they're trying to clean up the performances.

No, I meant Gaga. They're both on the album, along with Norah Jones, Aretha Franklin, Faith Hill, and a couple others.
Oh wow, didn't know that.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:35 PM   #47
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilli311
They're definitely old, but nowhere near washed up. For the record, Madonna is 53, while Kiedis and Flea are about to turn 49, and Chad Smith turns 50 this month.
Geez, I thought they were younger. Definitely not washed up though, I really liked the last album they did, although it was a couple years ago if I'm remembering right.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:54 PM   #48
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

That is all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »