Home

Week 6: Philadelphia Eagles (1-4) @ Washington Redskins (3-1)

This is a discussion on Week 6: Philadelphia Eagles (1-4) @ Washington Redskins (3-1) within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 04:09 PM   #41
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Week 6: Philadelphia Eagles (1-4) @ Washington Redskins (3-1)

The Redskin offense is just abysmal. The defense has allowed 6 points since the 1st quarter. The offense has responded with absolutely nothing.

The late TD was nice, but Beck throws a ****ty ball.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 42

The Philadelphia Eagles are surging.

Spoiler
Old 10-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #43
MVP

Rancid Radio's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
The Redskin offense is just abysmal. The defense has allowed 6 points since the 1st quarter. The offense has responded with absolutely nothing.

The late TD was nice, but Beck throws a ****ty ball.
Redskins D has been unbelievable this year, including this game. It sucks for them that they have no QB. Grossman was decent for a while, but as we saw today that's all he really has in him until he eventually implodes for a ton of turnovers. If Washington can get a QB this off-season, or maybe even make a trade before the deadline this is a very dangerous team. That running game is also very underrated, they just need the passing attack to complement it.

I think if Washington can find a franchise QB, they will be right in the hunt to win the division next year, maybe even to make a playoff run. Hell, they might still win the division this year with one of the worst QB situations in football.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #44
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Man, talk about some UGLY Quarterbacking out there today from both teams.

Big win for Philly as they finally reach their bye and come out of that with 3 straight home games, so they can very easily get right back into the Division Race.

One other thing...980 and 106.7 are gonna be very, very fun to listen to this week for those in the DC Area LOL.
Old 10-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #45
Rookie

HMMurdock311's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
One other thing...980 and 106.7 are gonna be very, very fun to listen to this week for those in the DC Area LOL.
Yep. It'll be fun listening to the radio up here near Philly too.

All last week there wasn't a SHRED of any Philly team gear worn at work. I'm betting I'll be swamped by it and have comments made about my Skins shirt I'm going to wear. =P
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #46
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Man, talk about some UGLY Quarterbacking out there today from both teams.

Big win for Philly as they finally reach their bye and come out of that with 3 straight home games, so they can very easily get right back into the Division Race.

www.firekyleshannahan.com

If I wasn't lazy and cheep I would buy the domain. Two weeks and that is the best game plan he can cook up? The play where Cooley was hurt. You run it twice for 8 yards so on 3rd and 2 you call a TE swing pass? Even if the play worked it IMO sends the wrong message. We can't physically dominate the LOS in short yardage. Baby Shanny is either a terrible play caller or a horrible builder of game plans or both.

Twitch

Year 1:
Old 10-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #47
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Grossman isn't nearly as bad as he gets labeled as he's shown at times this year. What he is is incredibly inconsistent, and his lows are REALLY low. Yesterday was just God awful. That pass to Cooley should've never been made and the INTs were just... ugh. I think the problem is Kyle is too close to Grossman and he keeps calling plays like that's Tom Brady out there. Even down 17 and having little success, the ball should've been in the RBs hands more. Torrain's looking a little slow? Put Helu in earlier. Eight in the box? Run more screens to the backs. It just seems like they made things more difficult than it needed to be.

Not all that surprising though. We knew Philly was better than a 1-4 team and the Skins weren't as good as their 3-1 record. Just not sure this game gave us a clear look at what either team really is either.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #48
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Grossman isn't nearly as bad as he gets labeled as he's shown at times this year. What he is is incredibly inconsistent, and his lows are REALLY low. Yesterday was just God awful. That pass to Cooley should've never been made and the INTs were just... ugh. I think the problem is Kyle is too close to Grossman and he keeps calling plays like that's Tom Brady out there. Even down 17 and having little success, the ball should've been in the RBs hands more. Torrain's looking a little slow? Put Helu in earlier. Eight in the box? Run more screens to the backs. It just seems like they made things more difficult than it needed to be.

Not all that surprising though. We knew Philly was better than a 1-4 team and the Skins weren't as good as their 3-1 record. Just not sure this game gave us a clear look at what either team really is either.
I think Mike needs a bigger hand in the offensive design and play calling. Mike is know for his offense and their ability to run the ball. This skins teams is built to run the ball, but Kyle is calling games like he is still in Houston with Andre Johnson.

There is a disconnect between personell and play calling. Fred Davis has come to Rex's defense and basically said 2 of the ints were on him. Don't know if I agree but this offense is so muddled. What are they a running team or a passing team?

Sent from RedskinNation.

Twitch

Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »